My attitude towards my club.

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby redandblue » Tue Jan 20, 2004 11:47 am

Liverpool have not done well in the past few years. We have not done well for 13 years.

When was the last time that a good Liverpool team outclassed and outplayed, with exciting attacking football, another good team.

When? Answers please.......
redandblue
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Puddy Heskey » Tue Jan 20, 2004 12:11 pm

Worthing cup final against man u.the two 4-3 victorys over newcastle.First game at home against Leverkeusen 2 years ago.Beating Roma same year to get that quarter final place.The second half of the 3-3 baisle match.Fair nuff it was only 45 mins but they would have beating brazil that half.
Puddy Heskey

Postby Owzat » Tue Jan 20, 2004 2:29 pm

I'm not sure I'd say we "outclassed and outplayed" all of those sides. The Newcastle games were classics and could have gone either way
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bring Dalglish back » Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:40 pm

I would have to agree that the notorious Newcastle 4-3 encounter's are my favourites.
"People Say football is a matter of life and death" , " I believe it is much more important than that", Bill Shankly.
Bring Dalglish back
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Tue Jan 20, 2004 9:39 pm

Stu has problems,First of all he tried it with me"How many games do you go to"What the hell is his problem?You are pathetic!.
Some just want to be heard and not be judged by sick over the top boardering on "Fatal Attraction"People like you.
We all want whats best and i dont think that OUR talking points are over the top,In my eyes WE as a unit are very opinionated...
Anyway lets have a good one at Wolves and march onwards and upwards...
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ade » Wed Jan 21, 2004 12:31 am

Stu,

Way I see it, your passion for Liverpool is obviously strong, but perhaps you’re chanelling it the wrong way. You’re no more passionate than most fans on this site, but you’re deffo in the minority for supporting GH at this stage. Fair dos for sticking to your guns, and your argument about the injury crisis has some validity, but maybe you and fans like you are actually doing a disservice to the club.

Those of us here offering constructive criticism are desperate for the club’s fortunes to turn around: we  need to see a manager who can pick the right players, motivate them, keep them fit (I’m beginning to get a bit suspicious at just how long some of our players are out injured, especially compared with players at Man U and Arsenal) and who can play them in their proper positions. Most on this forum go the match and pay their money and are entitled to be disgruntled; others of us don’t go, for whatever reason, but we’re still in it emotionally and chuck in our money on merchandise etc. We’re all part of the same club and we all want the best for it, but there comes a time when the fans more than anyone else can let the board know what’s wrong with the club. We see it, we pay for it, we talk to each other, we don’t have boardroom or changing room biases and loyalties, and we call it like it is. We’re also here from day one cos we’re fans and will be here for years: we’re taking a long-term view without being sidetracked by short-term financial factors.

At the moment, fans like you are clinging to an outdated notion that we’ll pull through just cos of who we are and our history, like we have some divine right to be the best. The reality is that fans who are calling for GH’s head will be doing the club a favour, cos we know he can’t take us any further and we’re not wrapping ourselves up in this smug ‘we’re better than other clubs, we don’t sack our managers’ sentimental bullsh#t.

Face it Stu, we’re not better than anyone else on the pitch any more, and that has to come down to GH. And winning points for having the best fans/attitude is getting as outdated as the Corinthian Casuals. We might as well turn up to the game with handlebar moustaches and half an ounce of Old Holborn in a tin.

Parry and Moores need to tell GH now that enough’s enough: he’s signed a lot of cr#p players; he’s wasted good players (Litmanen, Anelka, Babbel to a lesser extent); and he’s failing to get the best out of the good players we have.  From what I can see, our quality players lost faith in him about 18 months ago: to have  one of your best players lose form is acceptable, but to see 4 of your best players lose form at the same time, as Hyypia, Gerrard Owen and Dudek did at the start of last season, suggests something is wrong on the training ground. Do you really think Gerrard and Owen don’t look round the changing room before kick-off and think, "Jesus, have I really got to play with Smicer, Biscan and Traore again?" Don’t forget, Owen said a few months back in the press that he didn’t need to play alongside Heskey, and Gerrard said on SKY at the Chelsea game that if Heskey played like he did that night a bit more often, we wouldn’t be in the position we’re in. How much more direct criticism do you wanna hear?

Last point Stu: you turned up on this website announcing you’d been turfed off another. As your consistent position is so blindly pro-GH, it’s a fair guess you were kicked off the other one for the same blinkered rants. Gotta tell you something about how most of us feel.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:47 am

I like your post ade
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Jan 21, 2004 2:54 am

I respect Houllier supporters right to an opinion.But it seems like liverpool supporters are in general agreement.

HOULLIER MUST GO.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:24 am

I am not pro-Houllier.

I am a firm believer in giving someone a fair crack of the whip.

For gods sake, we acheived a massive league total of 80 points with a decent squad, we reached the chapions league quarters where we were beaten by finalists... yes the SECOND BEST TEAM IN EUROPE. we've won 6 trophies under Houllier. This after him taking a team of deadwood with the expection of 4 or 5 and restoring pride and respect.

on paper we have a very strong first 11 which has been destroyed by the injury situation this season. Another fact, Owen and Gerrard in the same squad against wolves for the first time since November.

Someone made a point that they think Houllier is building a great team and squad but they don't think he's managing it correctly. Maybe this is correct. But he hasn't finished building the team. Next season he will have in my opinion. If then it doesn't come together then so be it.

We know for a fact our weakest positions are second striker, right mid and lack of a pacey centre half. Houllier is targeting a striker, a centre half and a wide midfielder suprisingly.

He isn't a fool. For me if he can't do it next season i'd agree... time to move him upstairs and give the job to Thommo. But untill in my eyes he's failed i'll back him. And winning cups, taking a side which was a nothing in decline and starting to restore it to what it was is not failiure in my eyes. I never give up before the end, Houllier hasn't run out of ideas and he hasn't run out of ability. Patience is needed at this point.

This spurs mentallity and lack of vision is annoying.

Houllier has started something great, another season after this isn't going to ruin this, especially if Cisse is added to the squad.
115-1073096938

Postby 115-1073096938 » Wed Jan 21, 2004 3:32 am

RedandBlue.

"exciting attacking football"

hahahaha.

I love the game, love 1-0 wins. I love seeing goals, i love great tackles. I love tight games with no chances, i love open games with loads.

I love the whole game. Its all exciting to me. The barcelona away games, the roma away... boring Liverpool? hahahaha yeah right!!! they were simply amazing. If you don't feel the same way then i have to question your passion for the sport as a whole.
115-1073096938

Postby coops » Wed Jan 21, 2004 10:11 am

stu_the_red wrote:RedandBlue.

"exciting attacking football"

hahahaha.

hahahaha yeah right!!! they were simply amazing. If you don't feel the same way then i have to question your passion for the sport as a whole.

You just never learn do you stu_the_red?

You're an obnoxious little ***** and we are all getting quite tired of your rants and insults.

Why do you feel it necessary to insult anyone you disagree with?

I find it fantastic to be able to have some quality discussions with fellow LFC supporters and I feel a sincere bond between us all. However, you are seriously putting a dark cloud over this board and all it stands for. Time and time you have been warned about your conduct and you persist with your behaviour.

I have refrained from posting as of late as a result, and I am seriously considering leaving the forum.

I am almost certain many of the forum members feel the same way.

If I had my way, you would be banned.
coops

Postby Chinesegirl » Wed Jan 21, 2004 11:21 am

hate?
because there's love ,there's hate.
I also had hated lfc ever,becase it let me very very sad very often.but i still love it .love the red ,love the team.
Have you ever cried for lfc?
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion