Pathetic display

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby bwhoim » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:52 pm

Gerad Houllier proudly proclaimed that we have "turned the tide". I beg his pardon but the showing against Spurs was abysmal and unbelievably lousy by Liverpool's standards.
The f##king Chairman should wake up from his dream. We are in an emergency and drastic measures are needed! :angry:
bwhoim

Postby columbia » Sat Jan 17, 2004 4:55 pm

hold your horses mate we havnt lost yet. Give him till the end of the match at least.
columbia

Postby big al » Sat Jan 17, 2004 6:26 pm

Hold on now lets get some perspective on this.

We have only four or five good players, peanuts in the bank, share holders in disarray, lost seven league games, have still away games at Man U and Arsenal, just lost to a really poor Spurs team, Have an egotistical manager who thinks that speculation about him being replaced is very funny. 

All all we're doing okay we're not in the relegation fight(yet) so come on all you pessimists out there get behind the team. 

Wolves next that should be easy, should,nt It Man U?
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:12 pm

U R funny, Big Al!
Houllier has done good in setting-up the youth system and instilling more discipline in the players. However, he is cr#p at buying players and getting them to play well and also stinks when it comes to tactics. France became a force after he left and he was credited with playing a good role in the administrative/future development side at the French FA. In other words, he is a cr@p manager and we keep seeing a similar display that we saw at Spurs today - only that sometimes we get lucky by winning with the odd goal as has happened on so many occasions.
He has to go regardless what he achieves for us in the chase for a Champions' League place next season because we will never win the championship with him around.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:17 pm

Spot on azriahmad, he has to go!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Sat Jan 17, 2004 7:32 pm

Big Al, just curious and I can't recall from your previous threads, are you a regular spectator at Anfield with a season ticket?
As much as I am a real fan, I really pity those poor souls who endure the pathetic displays at Anfield week in, week out after shelling out hard earned money for season tickets which finances the wages of Le Toad and his expensive misfits masquerading as Liverpool players!
Liverpool fans are quite a patient lot, we waited 5 long years before we made any kind of noise against Houllier. It is very unfair for him to test our patience like this and keep insulting our intelligence by dishing out lame excuses and still try to hang on to his job when it has become very clear that he does not have what it takes to manage Liverpool back to glory.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GERRYOBD » Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:02 pm

Totally agree - we have played badly all season and we are no where near being a championship winning team.
GERRYOBD

Postby jonnymac1979 » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:05 am

I listened to the match on the radio in work today.  I switched off at 0 - 2.  I'm not watching The Premiership tonight, tomorrow morning or on Monday evening.  Not even to watch Wolves beat The sh##e.

I'm fed up with this team; Charlton are 5 points clear of us tonight, f##king Charlton Athletic!!!!!!
jonnymac1979

Postby steppenwolf » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:36 am

oh well, what can you say about 2:1 except:  ???
THIS IS ANFIELD
steppenwolf

Postby supersub » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:43 am

It was pathetic,can't wait for the reasons..our best players are on African duty..after hearing the Wolves score this afternoon the players thought it best to save a bit for Wednesday....
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby haps » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:46 am

Same old sh##e.  Couple of wins and a draw or so and then CRASH to some piece of s##t like Spurs or Charlton or god help us, Portsmouth.  I never buy it, this "turning the corner" sh##e.  Do you know how many corners we've turned in the last 10 years?  How many times we've been "rejuvenated"?  How much f##king "progress" we've made.  I couldn't even laugh at mancscum  today because I'm not that confidant we'll get a result out of Wolves - are you?  Saw the game today and it hurt.  I love my team and I always will, even if we're propping up the Conference.  I love em no matter if Mons Houl. is destroying what should be great.  I reckon he's a great bloke, Gerard Houller, but just no good to us.  No f##king good.  Lets get this sorted out soon.
haps

Postby HOMELEIGHKOP » Sun Jan 18, 2004 12:50 am

that was just cr#p no attacking footy gh has taken us as far as he can:angry:
"RED IS THE COLOUR"
HOMELEIGHKOP

Postby steppenwolf » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:17 am

haps wrote:Same old sh##e.  Couple of wins and a draw or so and then CRASH to some piece of s##t like Spurs or Charlton or god help us, Portsmouth.  I never buy it, this "turning the corner" sh##e.  Do you know how many corners we've turned in the last 10 years?  How many times we've been "rejuvenated"?  How much f##king "progress" we've made.  I couldn't even laugh at mancscum  today because I'm not that confidant we'll get a result out of Wolves - are you?  Saw the game today and it hurt.  I love my team and I always will, even if we're propping up the Conference.  I love em no matter if Mons Houl. is destroying what should be great.  I reckon he's a great bloke, Gerard Houller, but just no good to us.  No f##king good.  Lets get this sorted out soon.

Who do you think could sort us out ?
THIS IS ANFIELD
steppenwolf

Postby Ade » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:33 am

steppenwolf wrote:
haps wrote:Same old sh##e.  Couple of wins and a draw or so and then CRASH to some piece of s##t like Spurs or Charlton or god help us, Portsmouth.  I never buy it, this "turning the corner" sh##e.  Do you know how many corners we've turned in the last 10 years?  How many times we've been "rejuvenated"?  How much f##king "progress" we've made.  I couldn't even laugh at mancscum  today because I'm not that confidant we'll get a result out of Wolves - are you?  Saw the game today and it hurt.  I love my team and I always will, even if we're propping up the Conference.  I love em no matter if Mons Houl. is destroying what should be great.  I reckon he's a great bloke, Gerard Houller, but just no good to us.  No f##king good.  Lets get this sorted out soon.

Who do you think could sort us out ?

i'd go for Ronald Koeman.

He's a manager with good football principles, he's managed a team with class, he's managed players with a bit of class and ego, he's won the highest honours, he was a brilliant defender who could bring the ball out of defence (could teach our defenders a bit) and he won't take any s##t from anyone.

he's also Dutch, and they tend to adapt better than any other foreigners in our league, and he speaks good English. Yeah, Ajax are a big team, but we;re still big enough to be a draw.  He might also be able to bring Chivu, Van de vaert and Litmanen with him.
Ade
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby steppenwolf » Sun Jan 18, 2004 1:12 pm

Yeah, maybe you are right. On the one hand, Houlier has done ok, we won the treble, thats an achievement, but maybe its time for him to move on  :(
THIS IS ANFIELD
steppenwolf

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion