Is traore going ? - Any1 know ?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Thor Viking » Wed Jan 14, 2004 1:59 pm

Been reading in the paper that Djimi Traore is of interest to other clubs, both in England (read Bolton ) and in Europe.

Is he going ?
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ROBtheRED » Wed Jan 14, 2004 9:24 pm

FINGERS CROSSED! ! :D :D
"The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the kop make you feel great. . .yet humble."   Mr B.Shankly
ROBtheRED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jonnymac1979 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:43 am

Haven't heard anything myself, but it is January.  Lots of speculation!!!  Personally, (don't laugh, i'm not drunk or anything!!!) I wouldn't sell him.

I think, given a couple of more years, a bit more nurturing, stability and motivation, he could turn into an excellent all round defender. 

Don't get me wrong, he is still after all this time very rough around the edges, but the talent is clearly there.  I think he has excellent tackling and heading skills, he just needs to work on distribution.  Give him time.  Also, he always plays left back, when he is clearly a centre back.
jonnymac1979

Postby 115-1073096938 » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:14 am

But a good player is a good player no matter where he plays.

Traore is a squad player at present and one i also wouldn't sell unless the price was good. I think he can improve to a good level, maybe to Murphy's and Baros standard but obviously as a defender. I don't think he'll ever be top class but i definately think he's worth keeping as backup.
115-1073096938

Postby Thor Viking » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:25 am

stu_the_red wrote:But a good player is a good player no matter where he plays.

Traore is a squad player at present and one i also wouldn't sell unless the price was good. I think he can improve to a good level, maybe to Murphy's and Baros standard but obviously as a defender. I don't think he'll ever be top class but i definately think he's worth keeping as backup.

Heskey and Owen are excellent up front ! Are you saying they can play good defence ? I mean, a good player is a good player.............. :D
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Thu Jan 15, 2004 9:27 am

ROBtheRED wrote:FINGERS CROSSED! ! :D :D

Meaning ?
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 15, 2004 11:28 am

Good point Thor! ???
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Thor Viking » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:26 pm

John Barnes' Granny wrote:Good point Thor! ???

What is ?
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby columbia » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:46 pm

Thor Viking wrote:
stu_the_red wrote:But a good player is a good player no matter where he plays.

Heskey and Owen are excellent up front ! Are you saying they can play good defence ? I mean, a good player is a good player.............. :D

traoure's best position is centre back, but playing left back shouldnt be too much of a difference for him after all he is left footed and its still in defence. You only have to look at gerrard or kewell. IMO gerrard could play anywhere in defence and anywhere im midfield and still do a good job, kewell constantly swithches wings with diouf in our games can play up front or behind the striker. There's not too big a deifference between playing left back and centre back at the end of the day and traoure should be able to slot in at left back and do a good job, which he can at times.
columbia

Postby RedSi » Thu Jan 15, 2004 12:55 pm

Thor, you're in danger of disappearing where the sun don't shine on this one........ :p
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Thu Jan 15, 2004 1:53 pm

Counter arguement about defenders & switching position: Phil Babb. Liked to play in a back 4, absolutely hated being the left sided defender in a back three with wing halves.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby Coley » Thu Jan 15, 2004 2:22 pm

wing halves? ooh it's like being in 1943 again.  Singalong now - They'll be bluebirds over...

:p
Coley

Postby Owzat » Thu Jan 15, 2004 3:07 pm

columbia wrote:traoure's best position is centre back, but playing left back shouldnt be too much of a difference for him after all he is left footed and its still in defence. You only have to look at gerrard or kewell. IMO gerrard could play anywhere in defence and anywhere im midfield and still do a good job, kewell constantly swithches wings with diouf in our games can play up front or behind the striker. There's not too big a deifference between playing left back and centre back at the end of the day and traoure should be able to slot in at left back and do a good job, which he can at times.

I'd like to see us hang on to Traore, he could be a handy centre back and I doubt we'd get much for him anyway. I have to disagree that being a left-footed defender means you can play anywhere on the left side of defence. It's nice in theory and possible if your playing PES3 on the Playstation but it is a little different on the pitch.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thor Viking » Fri Jan 16, 2004 9:08 am

RedSi wrote:Thor, you're in danger of disappearing where the sun don't shine on this one........ :p

Why is that, RedSi ? And where is the sun shining nowadays ?

Is Traore competing with JARiise about the left side ? Or is JAR just to good to be in the competition ?
:cool:
Thor Viking
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedSi » Fri Jan 16, 2004 10:18 am

Nothing to do with your footballing opinions Thor mate, just your immediate querying of any ambiguous posts..... :D
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion