Rafa still positive

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:21 am

Rafael Benitez has refused to blame goalkeeper Jerzy Dudek for Portsmouth's late equaliser at Anfield. 
Liverpool appeared to be heading towards three points thanks to Steven Gerrard's second half free kick, but as the game entered stoppage time Dudek palmed away a left wing cross and Pompey striker Lomana Lua Lua was on hand to save a point for the visitors.

The Reds' boss was understandably disappointed with the manner of the late goal, but he was equally frustrated with the amount of chances his side missed over the 90 minutes.

Benitez said: "I think their player tried to cross the ball but in the end it was a shot. The goalkeeper did his best to get it away and was unlucky. I haven't seen it on the video but I want to watch it again.

"The important thing tonight was that we didn't take the chances. We had enough to win the game convincingly but we only scored one. In football you can never feel safe when you have only scored one.

"Of course it is a disappointing result and people will say we have lost two points. But the table will say we have gained one, so it could have been worse." 

Considering that we've played an extreme amount of games in a short period of time, yes it could had been worse. Despite the fact that we looked like we were going to win, one point is always better than none. We climb to sixth place and face an inconsistant Newcastle next week who have similar problems as we do.

They looked like they were going to beat Portsmouth this weekend as well but Pompey equalized late in the game like they did today. We need to go on a good run of results in order to climb further up the table. There is still a long way to go and everything that could go bad has happened to us now we must pick our selves up and walk on.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:38 am

Why is that when there is positivity on this forum, hardly anyone responds  but when there is a load of pessamism it goes on to be seven pages long.

I got to give Rafa credit because even though he's in a tough spot he's staying 'cool'. He knew the task that he had to take when he signed and he hasn't given execuses and false promises.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby bigmick » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:46 am

Generally I don't get involved straight after games 'cos everyone just goes loopy for a couple of hours. Rafa exudes that calmness that you need in a tight situation. No point whatsoever in him flipping his lid at the moment. What's that, one defeat two draws and all the others won at home this season including CL group stage, (and yes I know they got beat in the cl qualifier but I'm choosing not to count that :D), all in all not bad for an average team which is what we currently are.
The sooner people get used to the fact that we are not the best team in the world at the moment the better. As long as we improve steadily this season thats about all you can hope for. BTW, is it still too early on Nunez? Just thought I'd ask.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:55 am

:( I must admit that goal going in at the death.. deflated my positivity... but I concurr with the views already expressed.. we have to be steadfast .. there have been excellent moments.. real highs... like CL etc and there will be lows like this and Sat ... but we know the Boss is committed and has the pedigree to turn it around.. I have have faith in him..

It's natural to feel angry, disheartened etc... but imagine what it must be like for the Boss.. pacing and gesturing for the whole of the 90+ minutes... how frustrating... so chins-up and lets see how we go.. January coming-up ... :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jymbojetset » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:56 am

Its disappointing in that we should be winning these games.

But credit where its due, we're in 6th with only one (no disrespect to Neil Mellor) recognised striker who himself is injured.

Keep heads up, and when we get a new striker in January - lets watch the goals roll in.

Nunez ???? Hope he's not another enigma like Kewell. But apparently John Toshack has been saying some very positive things about him - and for now, thats good enough for me.
jymbojetset
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 12:58 am

i would have been more happy if he had come out and said "sorry i got it wrong we should have played our own way for the last 2 games insted of trying to match the other teams like for like, and yes i did f**** with the sub in the last 2 mins of tonights game"
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:06 am

I have faith in Rafa and he know what he doing and still right man for the job. We will bounce back next month when we will bring new signings soon. We will get there.

YNWA!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:08 am

Stan Laurel wrote:I have faith in Rafa and he know what he doing and still right man for the job. We will bounce back next month when we will bring new signings soon. We will get there.

YNWA!!!

well that depends on have good money to buy good players, and on who we let go , i still think we might let stevie go in jan
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:11 am

arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr f#ck it, lakes give the fella a chance will ya, hes only been here 5 minutes.
i can reasure you if he is a failure he wont be with our club for 5 years like Houllier was i can guarentee that.
He wont be given 120mill to spend on players hes been given a deadline and if he doesnt succeed in that deadline to bring us back to be challenging with the prem he will be gone.
And TBH if these players dont buck there ideas up they will be gone too. you cant just blame the boss come on ffs, LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL TEAM team meaning team work not just one or 2 players standing out.
If we had chelseas finances I bet my bottom dollar we would be up there with them :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:14 am

I'm still positive but when you conceed a head in the 6 yard box by a 2 foot tall striker you have to ask questions!! :(
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:30 am

Paul C wrote:I'm still positive but when you conceed a head in the 6 yard box by a 2 foot tall striker you have to ask questions!! :(

paul why do you do this smiley every time you post mate :( ?
why
just use the other ones now and again otherwise makes you look really doom and gloom :kungfu:  :p  :laugh:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:31 am

see :upside:  :O  :D  :down:  :devil:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby who the hell is diarra » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:35 am

:D
    :blues:  :ghostface:  :unclesam:
:D
Last edited by who the hell is diarra on Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Always Look on the bright side of life
der der ........der der der der der

Drummerphil You'll never walk alone
who the hell is diarra
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 15, 2004 1:45 am

:laugh:  :ghostface:  :kungfu:  :alien:  see what I mean even A.B. is in the smileys:unclesam:

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:17 am

cisses_gona_get_ya wrote:arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr f#ck it, lakes give the fella a chance will ya, hes only been here 5 minutes.
i can reasure you if he is a failure he wont be with our club for 5 years like Houllier was i can guarentee that.
He wont be given 120mill to spend on players hes been given a deadline and if he doesnt succeed in that deadline to bring us back to be challenging with the prem he will be gone.
And TBH if these players dont buck there ideas up they will be gone too. you cant just blame the boss come on ffs, LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL TEAM team meaning team work not just one or 2 players standing out.
If we had chelseas finances I bet my bottom dollar we would be up there with them :glare:

yes you are right it is a team and it is also the team to blame for some of the things that have happend.
but i think you shold also look at the players that Benitez's signied so far and see what they have done (Josemi) lets hope he pickes better players to buy next time.
Garcia i think will be a good player if he can stay fit
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion