Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Isn't Klopp on holiday? I'm guessing all business will be done after the euros to be honest. National coaches will want the players focused without any distractions before the tournament.. I'm sure we'll just be linked to players not on international duty next week when Klopps back.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:43 am

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/06/li ... e-cologne/

Looks like the Hector deal maybe moving forward.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ethanr » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:20 am

I'd like to believe it, but not sure if you noticed the part at the bottom of the page (or if it was there when you originally posted)

"UPDATE: Just for transparency, the Echo have since reported that Liverpool have no interest in Hector. Welcome to the wonderful world of transfer rumours."
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Jun 05, 2016 10:45 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:54 pm wrote:Isn't Klopp on holiday? I'm guessing all business will be done after the euros to be honest. National coaches will want the players focused without any distractions before the tournament.. I'm sure we'll just be linked to players not on international duty next week when Klopps back.

Pre-contractual talks will take place with LFC reps and agents only. So the player(s) will be able to concentrate on their international duties.
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jun 05, 2016 6:10 pm

ethanr » Sun Jun 05, 2016 2:20 am wrote:I'd like to believe it, but not sure if you noticed the part at the bottom of the page (or if it was there when you originally posted)

"UPDATE: Just for transparency, the Echo have since reported that Liverpool have no interest in Hector. Welcome to the wonderful world of transfer rumours."

Yep, by all accounts Chilwell from Leicester is the LB we want.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:46 am

I'm starting to get abit worried at the moment.. I thought we'd be trying to get the best players in from the bundesliga for next season as Klopp knows that market very well. Then Xhaka who we were "linked" with goes to Arsenal, and even worse Arsenal are now favourites to sign Mkhitaryan. City have gone and signed Gundogan and are linked with Aubameyang. Chelsea have also been heavily linked with Mkhitarayan and Aubameyang.

We are getting linked with Mane and Shane Long and Chilwell..

Our rivals are gonna leave us even further behind if these transfers were to happen. I'm all for buying young players and developing them... but I feel it's all we've done for the last 7 years and we're still at square one.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:04 am

isnt the 6th June a bit early to start worrying over this kinda sh!te?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:45 am

Reg » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:04 am wrote:isnt the 6th June a bit early to start worrying over this kinda sh!te?

dunno, reg. if we haven't signed Goetze and Aubemayanenyange by tomorrow then we'll just have to write next season off.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:02 pm

andy_g » Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:45 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:04 am wrote:isnt the 6th June a bit early to start worrying over this kinda sh!te?

dunno, reg. if we haven't signed Goetze and Aubemayanenyange by tomorrow then we'll just have to write next season off.

It's already June 6th (about a month until the transfer window officially opens 3 months until it closes) and we haven't even signed half of the 158 players the papers have linked us with. Sack the board, Ayre, Klopp, the tea lady, etc. f*ck it tear the whole club down and start again.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:02 pm

it's easy to be glib but how many people on here have got any confidence that the club will bring in players of genuine quality? Since we got rid of Rafa our league finishes have been 7th, 6th, 8th, 7th, 2nd, 6th and 8th and let's face it that 2nd under Brendan is starting to look like an anomaly (like when Everton finished 4th), there's a reason why we are consistently finishing mid table and that's because our players aren't good enough. Even worse is that when we do find a quality player he is out the door in a flash.
The days when we could shrug off finishing 7th and 8th as just one of those below par seasons that happen every now and again are long gone, mid table finishes are now the norm and we need drastic action to arrest the slide.
We desperately need quality players, as much as I like to see good young players like Grujic come in to the club the odds of 21 year olds catapulting us up the table are very slim indeed.
Scoff all you want at the likes of Zlatan, Xhaka and Gundogan going to our rivals but there is a trend there and IMO it's a worrying one.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:06 pm

redshade » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:43 pm wrote:http://www.thisisanfield.com/2016/06/liverpool-talks-jonas-hector-agreeing-fee-cologne/

Looks like the Hector deal maybe moving forward.

Klopp asked the club to bring in Ben Chilwell in January but they weren't able to. He was also the top target for left back going into the summer and we were confident he wanted to come. Unless we have hit a brick wall with him or Leicester I doubt there is any truth in us making a bid for Hector, unless we plan to sell Moreno and bring in two left backs - which I doubt.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:10 pm

i take your point, yakka. it would be great if we had the current status, the money, and the lure of CL football to attract these big names and established stars. we have a too long history of signing prospects, hopefuls, and overrated domestics. but the one thing that gives me a little more confidence this time round is that the signings aren't being made by dalglish, or hodgson, or rodgers, but by someone who genuinely knows what he is doing. we might not be able to pull in the top players but at least we have a top manager with the opportunity to finally get to work on his project. let's see what he can do.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:41 pm

andy_g » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:10 am wrote:i take your point, yakka. it would be great if we had the current status, the money, and the lure of CL football to attract these big names and established stars. we have a too long history of signing prospects, hopefuls, and overrated domestics. but the one thing that gives me a little more confidence this time round is that the signings aren't being made by dalglish, or hodgson, or rodgers, but by someone who genuinely knows what he is doing. we might not be able to pull in the top players but at least we have a top manager with the opportunity to finally get to work on his project. let's see what he can do.

That's our only hope mate that Klopp can work his magic but the TC obviously still has an imput (in fact Klopp hinted that Grujic was a TC signing and there's no way Jurgen knew who Caulker was) so I'm not confident I have to say.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:22 pm

KLOPP OUT  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Mon Jun 06, 2016 2:49 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:41 pm wrote:
That's our only hope mate that Klopp can work his magic but the TC obviously still has an imput (in fact Klopp hinted that Grujic was a TC signing and there's no way Jurgen knew who Caulker was) so I'm not confident I have to say.

Where did you see that hint from Klopp about Grujic being a TC signing Yakka ? Must admit it surprises me, given Klopps personality I wouldn't have thought he'd have allowed anyone to be brought into the club that he hadn't signed off on.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill