Gerrard - Latest

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:35 pm

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez expects Steven Gerrard to be back in contention for a first-team place within a fortnight.

England international Gerrard has not featured for The Reds since fracturing a bone in his foot against Manchester United in September.

Gerrard has been training for around a week and took part in his first full session on Monday, much to the delight of Benitez.

"Steven has made very good progress and we expect him to be back in the team within two weeks," said the Spanish coach.

"He is training now and it is just a question of match fitness."

Benitez could hand Gerrard an outing in the reserves against Wolves next Monday, with a first-team return against Middlesbrough a week on Saturday a distinct possibility.

Benitez's treatment room would appear to be emptying, as Spanish star Antonio Nunez has been given the green light to resume training following knee surgery.

Nunez damaged his knee shortly after moving to Anfield from Real Madrid and has yet to feature for The Reds, but he is now back in training and champing at the bit to return.

"I hope I'll be back in action very quickly now," stated Nunez.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Nov 09, 2004 2:40 pm

I hope they both are available soon too!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:22 pm

I'll keep my fingers crossed and keep preying :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:41 pm

In a strange way we are lucky because we get two new players and a month later the window open when we will get more.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redtribe » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:43 pm

When does the transfer window open?
Has Morientes played recently for RM???
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:47 pm

Redtribe wrote:Has Morientes played recently for RM???

no. with owen scoring regularly now, morientes is well and truly fourth choice.

i heard a rumour last night that we may be interested in taking cassano of roma on loan in january with a view to a permanent move at the end of the season. he's seriosly fallen out with the new boss at roma and their financial state is an absolute catastrophe. :cool:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:48 pm

Is he any good stmick?
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:49 pm

im looking forward to seeing nunez play, from what ive heard frmo him he just sounds like a lad who wants to play football. and stevie g coming back, we all need that!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:50 pm

cassano?

he's sh#t hot. probably the hottest young player in italian football at the moment. he scored a couple of goals for italy in euro 2004 and i personally think that he would be a terrific player for us. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby stmichael » Tue Nov 09, 2004 3:51 pm

dawson99 wrote:im looking forward to seeing nunez play, from what ive heard frmo him he just sounds like a lad who wants to play football. and stevie g coming back, we all need that!

i just hope fans don't expect nunez to be some kind of world beater. at the end of the day you have to ask if he is better than what we have. if the answer's "yes" then that's good enough for me. :)
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby padzer » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:10 pm

Great stuff having stevie back but am i the only one that thinks we need more than one striker??

We cant possibly be contenders for a top 4 finish with 2 front men can we??
padzer

Postby Redtribe » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:12 pm

I think pongolle is a good enough sub to have on the bench!
Baros plus 1 to be our first choice! Maybe A.N Other on loan maybe a shrewd move as well to keep us going till the end of the season
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jim_morrison_supported_liverpool » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:24 pm

2 points:

some people are building Nunez up to be something amazing (people putting him in their starting eleven when we've never even seen him play, for example) and i think this may go against him. its obvious even now that he'll need to settle into the team and we probably wont see his worth until late in the season. let's be patient!!

I think Cassano is class but i'm a bit weary as have heard some things about his attitude which dont sound good. i just cant bear the thought ever again of anyone playing for Liverpool who's attitude stinks. i've been getting really sick of the d*ckheads we've signed who turn out to be wasters.
its not the chilli sauce on kebabs that give you ring-sting, its the actual meat. had one without chilli, and still had ring-sting. the chilli's only there to mask the nonsense they stuff inside that bread.
jim_morrison_supported_liverpool
LFC Super Member

Postby padzer » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:24 pm

Are you for real.  Last season he won us a few pens. Thats it.  Can u see him gettin 10 goals by the end of the season.  Even 5 ??? 

We need two new lads so we can deal with injuries, loss of form and have some variety.
padzer

Postby Redtribe » Tue Nov 09, 2004 4:30 pm

?
Baros plus 1
And A.N Other on Loan??
= ???

LOL
Pongolle is an ideal sub for me he will not complain about being on the bench he has bundles of pace to come on and worry people and being gradually phased in will help him grow! Remember he is still young and still learning so a role of sub and carling cup is good for LFC and him!
Redtribe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion