Liverpool vs Everton 28/01/2014 8pm kick off

Liverpool Football Club - Games

Postby jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 3:34 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:19 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm wrote:What's the odds that this will be the game that skrtel or another one of our defenders concedes a pen due to shirt pulling?
We'll be flapping at the back with the likes of Lukaku and jagielka about so you can bet your bottom dollar than our defenders will almost have them in head locks whenever there's a corner or free kick.
Kelly should have conceded a pen last week with his frankly ridiculous pull of that Bournemouth players shirt so one can't be far away.
It's a cert to happen tomorrow.

We have got away with it so far. In fact I remember we tend to always get away with in, especially in derbies. Remember the Carragher wrestling move on Lescott??

Have WE got away with it anymore than anyone else though?  Possibly a little bit, Skrtel is particularly bad for it. 
But every team is doing it.

Its one of those things, doesn't really justify a peno but it is a foul. 

With the media focusing on Skrtel so much though I think its only a matter of time before we concede one
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby only me » Mon Jan 27, 2014 4:57 pm

Seems Everton are carrying quite a lot of injuries themselves so maybe it's not the end of the world and we could squeeze a tiny 6 goals in the net.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Mon Jan 27, 2014 5:34 pm

I just pray that our attackers will be up to it and could bail us out again. We will definitely concede and I can't see us being in control of the game. It's a very important derby though, we could get 3 points away from Spurs and 4 away from Everton so hopefully the lads will up their game.

If you guys are afraid of Lukaku, wait until you take a look at Traore the f*cking giant. Only Sakho might be able to cope with his aerial ability. Skrtel and Toure - no chance.

I'm going to be optimistic and say that we'll win it 3-2.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:26 am

Liverpool Injury List - Allen, Johnson, Lucas, Sakho, Enrique, Coates.
Everton Injury List - Distin, Oviedo, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Pienaar, Coleman, Barkley, Kone, Deulofue, Gibson.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 5:28 am

I'll wake up for this one, which will be at 4am here.
And it's my birthday tomorrow so please let's beat them :)
It doesn't have to be a trashing, just want 3 points.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby killerp » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:23 am

Not confident at all for a win here, our defense is so bad, midfield is weak, keeper out of form.... Everton will punish our lax defending just hope Suarez is in the mood to score goals.

2-2 Draw
killerp

Postby devaney » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:45 pm

jacdaniel » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:34 pm wrote:
SouthCoastShankly » Mon Jan 27, 2014 2:19 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 27, 2014 1:50 pm wrote:What's the odds that this will be the game that skrtel or another one of our defenders concedes a pen due to shirt pulling?
We'll be flapping at the back with the likes of Lukaku and jagielka about so you can bet your bottom dollar than our defenders will almost have them in head locks whenever there's a corner or free kick.
Kelly should have conceded a pen last week with his frankly ridiculous pull of that Bournemouth players shirt so one can't be far away.
It's a cert to happen tomorrow.

We have got away with it so far. In fact I remember we tend to always get away with in, especially in derbies. Remember the Carragher wrestling move on Lescott??

Have WE got away with it anymore than anyone else though?  Possibly a little bit, Skrtel is particularly bad for it. 
But every team is doing it.

Its one of those things, doesn't really justify a peno but it is a foul. 

With the media focusing on Skrtel so much though I think its only a matter of time before we concede one

Quite strange really how we see things. Is tugging on another players shirt in the penalty area Kelly style more so than Skrtel better or worse than a striker diving in the penalty area? Strikers are castigated as cheats while defenders get away with murder.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:05 pm

maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:26 am wrote:Liverpool Injury List - Allen, Johnson, Lucas, Sakho, Enrique, Coates.
Everton Injury List - Distin, Oviedo, Jagielka, Alcaraz, Pienaar, Coleman, Barkley, Kone, Deulofue, Gibson.

Out of the Everton injuries though the likes of Barkley, Jagielka, Coleman, Distin and Pienaar are 50/50 to play, they are having fitness tests or injections later to see if they can make it.
Considering this is their cup final I reckon they'll be lining up with a pretty much full strength side.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Ben Patrick » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:11 pm

Team I have just been sent is....

Mignolet
Flanagan
Skrtel
Toure
Cissokho
Gerrard
Henderson
Coutinho
Sterling
Suarez
Sturridge

I havent had the team sent since Carra retired but this is what I have been told was the team that was training together yesterday late afternoon.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby only me » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:28 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 12:05 pm wrote:
maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jan 28, 2014 4:26 am wrote:Liverpool Injury List - Allen, Johnson, Lucas, Sakho, Enrique, Coates.

Out of the Everton injuries though the likes of Barkley, Jagielka, Coleman, Distin and Pienaar are 50/50 to play, they are having fitness tests or injections later to see if they can make it.
Considering this is their cup final I reckon they'll be lining up with a pretty much full strength side.

Out of that bunch only Barkley is the one to fear ,the lad is explosive in the attacking MF area (just where we are fcked) ,the rest pretty much ordinery.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 28, 2014 1:45 pm

a win is needed to give the team a boost and us fans after the comedy show that is our transfer committee  :nod
home advantage and we have got to be fired up for it so i will have a pop at 3-1 to us.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 2:20 pm

right, operation 'stuff Everton at Anfield' is in operation.

Put Barkley on his ar$e, thats him out of the game.
Deploy SAS to raid their goal.
Score more than we concede.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:05 pm

A win is needed in order to cool down a few heads. I just hope that Brendan and the players aren't as hysterical as we are. Especially Brendan. I hope he doesn't pull off some Sh*t like against Chelsea so he can "make a statement".
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 7:49 pm

Word is Coleman and Distin aren't in the squad that's arrived at anfield but Barkley and Traore are.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jan 28, 2014 8:05 pm

Same team that played against villa  :ghostface:
Barkley starts for Everton
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - Games