Jan Window. Names

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:42 pm

We've done brilliantly to be in the position we are in at this stage of the season. That said, theres still a lot of work to be done in the second half of the season if we are to get a CL spot. The squad is very thin at the moment and a few injuries in certain positions can leave us exposed.

So, ill get things started. I'll just name a few players who could come in and imo improve the side right away.

Cabaye
Pastore
Berbatov
Abate
Any of Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Lallana (doubt Southampton would put a realistic valuation on any)
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:52 pm

love to see mata here, he would cost a whack but that is exactly the type of player we need, not more 7mil gambles.
reus is another, isla, gaitan or capel. these are players ready to step up to a better league and are what we need.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:10 pm

We need a fullback, a central midfielder and a winger.
I said in another thread that I would like Coleman and Barkley but that's impossible so I'll give more realistic names.
Hugo Mallo, Koke/Munian/Mata and Cristian Tello.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 pm

aCe' » Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:42 pm wrote:We've done brilliantly to be in the position we are in at this stage of the season. That said, theres still a lot of work to be done in the second half of the season if we are to get a CL spot. The squad is very thin at the moment and a few injuries in certain positions can leave us exposed.

So, ill get things started. I'll just name a few players who could come in and imo improve the side right away.

Cabaye
Pastore
Berbatov
Abate
Any of Lovren, Shaw, Wanyama, Schneiderlin, Lallana (doubt Southampton would put a realistic valuation on any)

Berbatov?  ???

No room for lazy sh!ts here mate
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:39 pm

Berbatov can f**k right off. Let him go to Arsenal..they'll probably bid £2,000,001  :laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:48 pm

For me Schneiderlin, Lallana & Montoya would definitely improve our first team.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:49 pm

knowing that Mata is available I think we should go all out and try to sign him, Chelsea will do business with us if Mourinho doesn't want him
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:55 pm

metalhead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:knowing that Mata is available I think we should go all out and try to sign him, Chelsea will do business with us if Mourinho doesn't want him

They won't with PSG sniffing around. A number of rumours saying they'll bid 30 million and that'll be him gone.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:58 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 pm wrote:
metalhead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:49 pm wrote:knowing that Mata is available I think we should go all out and try to sign him, Chelsea will do business with us if Mourinho doesn't want him

They won't with PSG sniffing around. A number of rumours saying they'll bid 30 million and that'll be him gone.

we should bid the same amount and try to convince him that his future still lies in England.

Start with a $600 single malt whiskey, then a romantic dinner somewhere in the beautiful English country side  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:00 pm

metalhead » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:58 pm wrote:
7_Kewell » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:55 pm wrote:

we should bid the same amount and try to convince him that his future still lies in England.

Start with a $600 single malt whiskey, then a romantic dinner somewhere in the beautiful English country side  :D

I'll don a wig and dress if that's what it takes  :D

But alas, I can't see it happening. Would love to be proven wrong though
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:11 pm

mata would cost a fortune and even if chelsea let it be known that they were willing to sell him to another prem club (which i seriously doubt) it would end up in the type of auction that we wouldnt win.
people are living in la la land if they think we would be the only club interested, only last summer spurs tried to buy him with the bale money (but chelsea refused to sell him to another prem club) and he was mentioned in a possible swap deal with rooney. we`d be in a dutch auction with the likes of united, arsenal, spurs and probably city.
i personally think chelsea will sell him to either psg or loan him out to athletico madrid or something. it`s far too tight at the top of the prem for chelsea to be selling quality players to their direct domestic rivals.
so lets be realistic here, our signings are going to be more `left field` than marquee.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Jan 03, 2014 12:59 am

Been linked with that Xherdan Shaqiri for a couple of years now and with Bayern Munich strengthening he does look like a Liverpool
type signing all the way now he's been nudged further down the pecking order.

The Swiss Couthino perhaps.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:51 am

Oh...Granit Xhaka is also pretty decent.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 03, 2014 6:28 pm

whoever we sign should be made to watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8-UjwAu5kQ

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 04, 2014 12:44 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:28 pm wrote:whoever we sign should be made to watch this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_8-UjwAu5kQ

:bowdown  :bowdown  :bowdown

:buttrock
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion