Serious question - Why not Martin O'Neill?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby Homebooby » Tue May 22, 2012 12:37 pm

Roger Red Hat » Tue May 22, 2012 11:30 am wrote:
neil » Tue May 22, 2012 10:22 am wrote:Lee evans IS funny

as funny as dog sh!t mate. just my opinion though, i don't like him but i'm old enough to remember it all the first time round, Norman Wisdom

Have to agree here. I love comedy, but have never ever understand what people see in that guy.
Homebooby

Postby Homebooby » Tue May 22, 2012 2:36 pm

Homebooby » Tue May 22, 2012 11:13 am wrote:Just going through the list of last seasons premiership managers and saw a right bunch of miserable basrads :D

It does seem to be going the way of youth, rather than experience and whilst I understand the logic...I question the logic. Assuming that it is an open playing field for all ages, I find it surprising that Dutch managers such as Jol and Hiddink are not in the frame. It could be because I live over here that I relate to them more than other might, but they have wry and dry senses of humour that I appreciate. I realise Hiddink in particular is quite loyal to the contracts he has signed and is only 4 months into an 18 month contract, but given his track record, I am surprised he is not popping up more in discussion.

I genuinely don't think AVB is strong enough to deal with the situation he will face at Liverpool. He didn't handle the media any better than Kenny and i think he needs to toughen up elsewhere.

Am a big Rafa fan as I have said many times I think he actually 'got it' and I credit him for keeping the spirit alive when times were really rough. I have my doubts about going backwards again though.

Of all the others, as much as most people on here will flame me for it, I have always liked Mourinho and I think had he not gone to Chelsea initially we would have had a different view of him. I think he is good and proven and would relish the opportunity of taking on both Man U and City. I would have confidence in him and I think he would win the club over personally.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18163343 - too late
Homebooby

Postby fivecups » Tue May 22, 2012 3:11 pm

Homebooby » Tue May 22, 2012 1:36 pm wrote:
Homebooby » Tue May 22, 2012 11:13 am wrote:Just going through the list of last seasons premiership managers and saw a right bunch of miserable basrads :D

It does seem to be going the way of youth, rather than experience and whilst I understand the logic...I question the logic. Assuming that it is an open playing field for all ages, I find it surprising that Dutch managers such as Jol and Hiddink are not in the frame. It could be because I live over here that I relate to them more than other might, but they have wry and dry senses of humour that I appreciate. I realise Hiddink in particular is quite loyal to the contracts he has signed and is only 4 months into an 18 month contract, but given his track record, I am surprised he is not popping up more in discussion.

I genuinely don't think AVB is strong enough to deal with the situation he will face at Liverpool. He didn't handle the media any better than Kenny and i think he needs to toughen up elsewhere.

Am a big Rafa fan as I have said many times I think he actually 'got it' and I credit him for keeping the spirit alive when times were really rough. I have my doubts about going backwards again though.

Of all the others, as much as most people on here will flame me for it, I have always liked Mourinho and I think had he not gone to Chelsea initially we would have had a different view of him. I think he is good and proven and would relish the opportunity of taking on both Man U and City. I would have confidence in him and I think he would win the club over personally.

Mourinho signs 4 year deal with Real. I don't think he was ever going to leave at this stage mate, especially after winning La Liga. 100 points, that is crazy.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/18163343 - too late
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Oct 21, 2012 12:31 pm

Stick with B-Rod
:nod
Thommo's perm

Postby devaney » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:28 am

Martin O'Neill !! I'd rather we brought back fkg Hodgson -joke  :laugh: I like BR and will certainly give him a couple of seasons to sort out the massive mess he inherited.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:14 am

one of the biggest myths in football is why this bloke is so highly rated. his "football" is turgid.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Mon Oct 22, 2012 11:41 am

Its an insult to even be discussing a new manager. Rogers is doing a fine job and will continue to get my full support for at least 2 seasons.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kenny Kan » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:11 pm

Which fecking numpty bumped this sh.it thread?  :laugh:
Champions of England 2020.

YNWA
Kenny Kan
LFC Super Member

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion