New management structure

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby killerp » Wed May 23, 2012 3:16 am

[quote="
                                        CEO
                              _______|______
                             |                       |   
                           DOF              DO Something Else (with Commolli's role split in two)
       ____________|_____________
      |                    |                      |
Manager         Academy            Scouting
1st team
reserves

[/quote]

Sounds like there will be too many generals in this army and not enough soldiers.
killerp

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 5:13 am

Van Gaal reporting to Lando Griffin would be amusing........  :laugh:  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 5:54 am

The events of the last 3 months have been illogical. If Mr Spock was here, he'd be quietly shaking his head.

Moving from A to B is a process and the better the process is planned the smoother the transition and more efficiently it's achieved.

When Woman Abramovich (Wafa and Woy's mate) bought Chelsea for a pound, the first thing he did was appoint Peter Kenyon from MUFC at great cost, but it was the right move bringing in a respected and successful football administrator. On the back of that they brought in Maurice Mourinho and various high profile players who cemented Chelseas rise up the league.

FSG need to bring in a top man to run the show. Ayres is not that man. THEN we need to appoint a top manager who has the assurance of the owners and CEO there is a clear and supported strategy to aim for the league title and CL winners.

Unfortunately we have inexperienced owners, no ceo, no director of football and no manager, it couldnt have been handled worse. We're looking for a manager but they're sceptical of the owners intent because they have no track record in footy and haven't brought in a credible CEO or club structure to convince them 'the plan' is in place to take the club to the top. In fact, quite the reverse, they've just very publically sacked Kenny, Comolli and Cotton.   

Should we be surprised then the Swansea manager turned the job down? or the others? Y'know, if you want to ask a pretty girl out you've got to look the part and have a few quid in yer back pocket. If you turn up scruffy and late then of course she walks away. So far, Liverpool live on 'everyone likes me' so of course they want to come... in reality Capello, AVB or Rafa probably called but no one was there to answer the phone.

FSG do not come out of this looking good, they've made emotional decisions that combined have left egg all over teh place. Cotton should have left in February, Comolli should have been sacked and replaced, or left in place. Kenny - the last to go, should have been supported for another 12 months until they got the CEO and new DoF in.

Its all ar.se about t!t and no wonder successive managers are politely declining us to stay with Swansea and Marseille. We're not convincing.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:05 am

fivecups » Wed May 23, 2012 2:49 am wrote:
lakes10 » Tue May 22, 2012 11:22 pm wrote:looking at that "New management structure" no way would Rafa be able to work under that, he wishes to have so much control, you have got to wonder how much power the new manager is going to have apart from picking the team on the day....that might just be what the owners wush the managers job to be, lets face it, in american sport the HC job is only about picking the plays and players for that game, all the buying and selling is down but others at the clubs.

Van Gaal seems the same sort of character though. Brilliant record but i share the same view as others, he's going to fight with everyone. Could he really work with a younger manager?

I dont know mate but going by reports this morning Louis van Gaal could be in his post by the end of the week.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boocity » Wed May 23, 2012 9:22 am

LOUIS VAN GAAL IN FRAME FOR LIVERPOOL ROLE 

Former Bayern Munich manager Louis Van Gaal
Wednesday May 23,2012
By Paul Joyce  Have your say(0)
LOUIS VAN GAAL has emerged as a leading candidate to become Liverpool’s ­sporting director as the club press ahead with plans for an extensive restructuring.

He is under consideration to take on the senior role and would then have a younger manager working under him, in keeping with Fenway Sports Group’s vision for the future.

Van Gaal, 60, has enjoyed a high-profile coaching career, winning the Champions League with Ajax in 1995 as well as title and cup success in Holland, with Barcelona in Spain and Bayern Munich in Germany.

Along with a taste for silverware, Van Gaal, who also coached the Dutch national team, has developed a reputation for being difficult to deal with throughout his time in football. In February, a Dutch appeals court ruled that former club Ajax had hired Van Gaal as chief executive unlawfully and ordered the appointment to be reversed following a complaint from club legend Johan Cruyff.

Liverpool are implementing the changes while the search for Kenny Dalglish’s successor as manager proceeds. Managing director Ian Ayre said last week that a new hierarchy would be formed and fill the void left by the dismissal of former director of football Damien Comolli in April. “It will be more than one person in and around the role, dividing up the responsibilities,” said Ayre. “We are trying to create as much resource and expertise in all the areas that serve the manager and the football team, rather than having one or two people trying to achieve everything.”

Roberto really is an outstanding manager 
James McArthur

The restructuring will continue with Billy Hogan, who works for FSG, to be appointed as Liverpool’s commercial director. Pep Segura, technical manager of the academy, is also in line for a promotion as part of the reshuffle.

The recruitment of a replacement for Dalglish is continuing and Liverpool retain a strong interest in Swansea’s Brendan Rodgers, who last week said he did not want to take part in an interview process that has had the feel of a beauty parade.

Rodgers’ impressive work with the Welsh club means Liverpool are likely to return, albeit in a more discreet manner.

SEARCH FOOTBALL for:     

Informal talks have already been held with Wigan’s Roberto Martinez, although suggestions the Spaniard will fly out to Boston tomorrow for meetings with owner John W Henry are not correct. Martinez is currently on holiday.

Wigan players are doing all they can to try to hang on to the man who played such a big part in helping them beat the drop this season. But Martinez, 38, will go with the blessing of Latics owner Dave Whelan if he lands the job.

However the players have not given up hope of Martinez being in charge when they return for pre-season training in July.

Midfielder James McArthur said: “Roberto really is an outstanding manager. There’s a chance more teams will come in for him if he doesn’t go to Liverpool, but hopefully it won’t be this year.

“A lot of people wrote us off and said we’d be going down, but our manager kept believing in us. It was down to him being so calm.”
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 9:22 am

What 'reports' ??
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 am

lol reg  one of them is above you post now.
but it was also reported on the radio, i now take it they were talking about that bit thats just be posted above you.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Wed May 23, 2012 9:41 am

Id rather have Van Gaal than Martinez tbh. Battling relegation every year to managing a team with top 4 aspirations sounds like a bit of a jump. Ok Van Gaal has never been tested in England but he is a well respected continental manager who has worked with big teams in the past.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jacdaniel » Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 am

tubby » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 am wrote:Id rather have Van Gaal than Martinez tbh. Battling relegation every year to managing a team with top 4 aspirations sounds like a bit of a jump. Ok Van Gaal has never been tested in England but he is a well respected continental manager who has worked with big teams in the past.

While all us fan's are busy trying to figure out who the next manager will be, I think we're missing the important point of this "Club structure".
FSG are trying to run Liverpool like an American Sports team.

With that in mind, it looks like someone like Van Gaal will be DOF and the manager will be somewhat of a yes man.  (IMO).
"When you walk, through a storm, hold your head up high"
jacdaniel
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 10:07 am

lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 pm wrote:lol reg  one of them is above you post now.
but it was also reported on the radio, i now take it they were talking about that bit thats just be posted above you.

Ok so based on more media tittle tattle.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am

jacdaniel » Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 am wrote:
tubby » Wed May 23, 2012 8:41 am wrote:Id rather have Van Gaal than Martinez tbh. Battling relegation every year to managing a team with top 4 aspirations sounds like a bit of a jump. Ok Van Gaal has never been tested in England but he is a well respected continental manager who has worked with big teams in the past.

While all us fan's are busy trying to figure out who the next manager will be, I think we're missing the important point of this "Club structure".

With that in mind, it looks like someone like Van Gaal will be DOF and the manager will be somewhat of a yes man.  (IMO).

its got martinez written all over it  :down:
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 10:08 am

jacdaniel » Wed May 23, 2012 4:48 pm wrote:

Which is what I said in my post, they need to get the club structure right before getting a new manager in. A top manager isn't going to walk into an empty room.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 10:09 am

red till i die!! » Wed May 23, 2012 5:08 pm wrote:
jacdaniel » Wed May 23, 2012 9:48 am wrote:

its got martinez written all over it  :down:

Working under Van Graal wouldnt be a bad thing would it?
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 10:11 am

Reg » Wed May 23, 2012 10:07 am wrote:
lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 4:39 pm wrote:lol reg  one of them is above you post now.

Ok so based on more media tittle tattle.

lol Reg i would love to know where you get your day to day news from.

one day you might turn your tap on and theres no water and you will not know why or you might pick up a strange spider that you never seen before and get a bite from it and die in a 1 min.

you must understand that the "media" can print the truth from time to time, and from time to time they print things they know to be the truth but something happens  and it changes.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Wed May 23, 2012 10:16 am

lakes10 » Wed May 23, 2012 9:39 am wrote:lol reg  one of them is above you post now.

It's not really a report though is it ? It's more guess work from the media because like us they don't know what is going on and it is killing them
Benny The Noon

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion