Bit Frustrated with FSG

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 2:06 am

Kharhaz » Sat May 19, 2012 12:22 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 1:09 am wrote:Tony Scott ‏@Tony_Scott11
Liverpools Ian Ayre at Aintree races tonight and is getting some uncomfortable questions from #LFC fans about Martinez

Nowhere to run ....

So naturally its assumed the few represent the many?

I don't know ,but I'm guessing if you asked Ian Ayre he might enlighten you  :laugh:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 2:12 am

Anyway I'm off to bed still well peeved with the incompetence and downright cowardice of FSG ... I'm surmising I will wake up in a similar state
of mind tomorrow .  :down:
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Sat May 19, 2012 2:32 am

Kharhaz » Sat May 19, 2012 6:55 am wrote:
Lando_Griffin » Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:I know that Kenny is a legend and the club owe him a lot but the sheer fact of the matter is he did not deliver in the league. I distinctly recall people muttering that Rafa should leave in 2005 as we finished 5th, despite the CL win. Legend does not mean infallible and Kenny, like all managers, is subject to scrutiny over his performances. Over £100m spent on a large amount of rubbish was his downfall. Out of all of his signings Suarez and Enrique have been the only real successes.

It's not good enough, and that's the reason he's been sacked. We need to move on from his backwards mentality that his weaknesses should be overlooked because of who he is. Forgiven - yes. Blindly ignored - no.

Kenny is too old fashioned in his thinking and if Rafa doesn't come back where he belongs I think Martinez is an awesome candidate and definitely my 2nd choice behind Benitez.

Just noticed this, welcome back Lando ! Pretty much agree with everything you have put.

The return of old Silvertongue !! Welcome back Lando son.    :buttrock

5-1 30 days,
7-1 45 days,
100-1 138 days.   

Roll  up, Roll up !  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Sat May 19, 2012 2:58 am

Reg » Sat May 19, 2012 2:32 am wrote:
Kharhaz » Sat May 19, 2012 6:55 am wrote:
Lando_Griffin » Fri May 18, 2012 5:53 pm wrote:I know that Kenny is a legend and the club owe him a lot but the sheer fact of the matter is he did not deliver in the league. I distinctly recall people muttering that Rafa should leave in 2005 as we finished 5th, despite the CL win. Legend does not mean infallible and Kenny, like all managers, is subject to scrutiny over his performances. Over £100m spent on a large amount of rubbish was his downfall. Out of all of his signings Suarez and Enrique have been the only real successes.

It's not good enough, and that's the reason he's been sacked. We need to move on from his backwards mentality that his weaknesses should be overlooked because of who he is. Forgiven - yes. Blindly ignored - no.

Kenny is too old fashioned in his thinking and if Rafa doesn't come back where he belongs I think Martinez is an awesome candidate and definitely my 2nd choice behind Benitez.

Just noticed this, welcome back Lando ! Pretty much agree with everything you have put.

The return of old Silvertongue !! Welcome back Lando son.    :buttrock

5-1 30 days,
7-1 45 days,
100-1 138 days.   

Roll  up, Roll up !  :laugh:

:laugh:

I saw Lando and thought it was a wind up, after all, none of the post was censored  :D

Welcome back Lando!!
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby D___C » Sat May 19, 2012 3:09 am

jacdaniel » Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 am wrote:“Winning the FA Cup wouldn’t have made any difference – it was never about an individual result. It was always about taking a review of the season in full.

“The Carling Cup and The FA Cup don’t generate the revenue" 

Well Ian Ayre has just said this.  Qualifying for Europa League and even winning two cups won't be considered a success anymore.
Its all about finishing in the top 4 for the money.

With that in mind,  should the new manager just play the kids in the cups?  The likes of Suso, Sterling, Flanno, Coady etc.
Why bother trying to win them anyways?  It won't make a difference to the company.. right?

Also, what kind of message are we sending to any potential new manager?  I find it appalling that we've gone on record and said that a cup double wouldn't save a manager from the axe.

Unfortunately we got owners from the west whose aim is to make money, not the east who tend to hand it out.

A good owner in this sport is a benevolent one, an owner who literally hands out money without expecting a financial return. Its for this reason i wasn't overjoyed when we the current owners took over. The China one on the otherhand got me very excited... "China buys Liverpool" exclaimed Tony "i know f**k all" Evans in the backpage on The Times.

There are only three clubs competing at the top.. Man City (filthy rich arabs), Chelsea (filfthy rich ruskies).. and the one non moneybags owner Man U (and they are up there because of the work of Edwards and co. from the early 1990s in realising the full potential of the club.. increasing stadium capacity to meet demand, bringing in business minds such as Kenyon to maximise income from sponsorship/marketing).

Now we dont have what Man City or Chelsea have, but we should have what Man U have but thats where David "silver spoon" Moores was out of his depth as he ran us like a cornershop. He loved the club, but unfortunately he had zero business acumen and so we are where we are today.
D___C

Postby devaney » Sat May 19, 2012 7:54 am

jacdaniel » Fri May 18, 2012 10:37 am wrote:“Winning the FA Cup wouldn’t have made any difference – it was never about an individual result. It was always about taking a review of the season in full.

“The Carling Cup and The FA Cup don’t generate the revenue" 

Well Ian Ayre has just said this.  Qualifying for Europa League and even winning two cups won't be considered a success anymore.
Its all about finishing in the top 4 for the money.

With that in mind,  should the new manager just play the kids in the cups?  The likes of Suso, Sterling, Flanno, Coady etc.
Why bother trying to win them anyways?  It won't make a difference to the company.. right?

Also, what kind of message are we sending to any potential new manager?  I find it appalling that we've gone on record and said that a cup double wouldn't save a manager from the axe.

Would you have been happier if Ayre's had said "our league performance has been a downright utter disgrace and Liverpool's home matches have been so dire that the team has been booed off the pitch on many occasions. Dalglish has to accept a high level of responsibility for this situation which we simply cannot allow to continue. The players that Dalgish indicated that he wanted have nearly all been totally useless for the majority of the season and we would have expected the manager to get a lot more out of a £100m plus investment. Dalglish's handling of the media has also been poor and on occasions extremely unprofessional and it is time for change". Ayre's could easily have said something along those lines with a degree of justification. You are being very naive if you can't see that Ayre's is also in an extremely vulnerable position and the statement was designed to protect his own position within the club. After the way he handled and distanced himself from the Suarez affair I'm not sure that he is the right man for the job.

As for FSG I'm delighted that they are demonstrating that they have ambition and commitment. Let's face it this decision is going to cost them a considerable amount of money. It would have been very easy to give Kenny another season.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby supersub » Sat May 19, 2012 8:08 am

[quote="[url=http://www.liverpoolfc-newkit.co.uk/viewtopic.php?p=1171782#p1171782]Kharhaz » Fri May 18, 2012 11:54 pm[/url
The message is clear from the owners, they want success, [/quote]

No the owners have not declared they want success...they said they want the revenue....4th 3rd & 2nd gives them the revenue....they certainly have not declared "We want the Premier League, We want to win the Champions League" and quite frankly as long as the cash roles in they will be happy as Larry...

trophies are not part of the remit , it's all about the money :unclesam:
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby devaney » Sat May 19, 2012 8:20 am

RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 1:12 am wrote:Anyway I'm off to bed still well peeved with the incompetence and downright cowardice of FSG ... I'm surmising I will wake up in a similar state

You desperately wanted Kenny back and whilst not as ecstatic as you it was good to see him back after the H & G years and the Hodgson debacle. We have got to accept however that it simply has not been a success. A Carling cup trophy that we tried desperately to throw away and a very embarrassing first 62 minutes against Chelsea in the FA Cup final will live in the memory for the wrong reasons. Our league performances on many occasions have been awful.The handling of the media has been embarrassing.

Your abuse towards FSG is totally unacceptable and ridiculous. After Liverpool's season if they hadn't taken any action they would have been accused by many supporters of incompetence and cowardice. If it was your business would you have been happy paying a manager in excess of £3m for such a lack lustre performance. If the season had ended on a high note it may have been different but that was not the case. Based on our league performance from the beginning of January to the end of the season we would have been relegated and that cannot be argued with. For some bizarre reason you seem happy to allow Kenny to continue? Why when his performance in the second half of the season was just as bad as what Hodgson achieved? I fully accept the frustrations of all this but abusing the owners is not the answer. FSG got us out of a mess and for that we should be grateful. If it was all about money they could have simply sold Torres and replaced him with a very cheap altenative. Instead they spend £57m on Carroll and Suarez plus a further £50m in the summer and you have the audacity to accuse them of incompetence and cowardice. Sorry lad but your talking rubbish.
Net Spend Over The Last 5 Years (10 years
are in brackets)
LFC £255m (£467m)
Everton £38m (£287m)
Arsenal £645m6 (£925m)
Spurs £510m (£541m)
Chelsea £788m (£1007m)
Man City £307m (£1012m)
Man United £702m (£1249m)
devaney
LFC Super Member

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 10:49 am

devaney » Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 am wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 1:12 am wrote:Anyway I'm off to bed still well peeved with the incompetence and downright cowardice of FSG ... I'm surmising I will wake up in a similar state

You desperately wanted Kenny back and whilst not as ecstatic as you it was good to see him back after the H & G years and the Hodgson debacle. We have got to accept however that it simply has not been a success. A Carling cup trophy that we tried desperately to throw away and a very embarrassing first 62 minutes against Chelsea in the FA Cup final will live in the memory for the wrong reasons. Our league performances on many occasions have been awful.The handling of the media has been embarrassing.

Your abuse towards FSG is totally unacceptable and ridiculous. After Liverpool's season if they hadn't taken any action they would have been accused by many supporters of incompetence and cowardice. If it was your business would you have been happy paying a manager in excess of £3m for such a lack lustre performance. If the season had ended on a high note it may have been different but that was not the case. Based on our league performance from the beginning of January to the end of the season we would have been relegated and that cannot be argued with. For some bizarre reason you seem happy to allow Kenny to continue? Why when his performance in the second half of the season was just as bad as what Hodgson achieved? I fully accept the frustrations of all this but abusing the owners is not the answer. FSG got us out of a mess and for that we should be grateful. If it was all about money they could have simply sold Torres and replaced him with a very cheap altenative. Instead they spend £57m on Carroll and Suarez plus a further £50m in the summer and you have the audacity to accuse them of incompetence and cowardice. Sorry lad but your talking rubbish.

I haven't even begun to vent my feeling of disappointment towards the owners ...trust me on that one , plus Im so glad you decided not to scold
me last night ,because I just wouldn't have slept knowing a poster I hold with such high regard doesn't concur with my views . :laugh:  :laugh:
Polar opposites me and you fella ,and it makes me proud to be so .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sat May 19, 2012 11:05 am

Some of the myopic views in this thread pertaining to our supposedly glorious owners are bordering on "brainwashed. I honestly cant fathom how
after declaring in a very audible and public sense that the FA cup and its beautiful lineage is now basically a "WHITE ELEPHANT ",is in some way
acceptable  ???

I'm sorry but after spending most of my waking life following the team I love and experiencing countless finals at Wembley and Cardiff .
Watching in awe as the captain of our team raises the cup and beams a smile that is picked up in outer Mongolia ,being part of a crowd
that becomes almost like a force of nature LOUD and PROUD and completely unique in football history .....

Then listening in utter disbelief when an official of our club announces I will no longer be subject to such illustrious occasions.,because the owners
have deemed it so .

WELL EXCUSE ME IF IM A TAD FUCKING RATTLED BY THE IMPLICATIONS OF THAT ... :no
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 19, 2012 11:22 am

devaney » Sat May 19, 2012 7:20 am wrote:

spot on.  :nod
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat May 19, 2012 11:25 am

It's great how people continue to keep sticking the knife in to ensure everyone knows they wanted Kenny gone.

We all know - you have all been saying it for the last 6 months

Enjoy the glow of satisfaction
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 19, 2012 11:30 am

Benny The Noon » Sat May 19, 2012 10:25 am wrote:It's great how people continue to keep sticking the knife in to ensure everyone knows they wanted Kenny gone.

We all know - you have all been saying it for the last 6 months

Enjoy the glow of satisfaction

It’s not about sticking the knife into Kenny; it's about backing the owners.
The fact some moronic posters are now labelling them as “cowards” is laughable.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat May 19, 2012 11:32 am

The owners still have a long way to go to prove themselves to a lot of fans.
Benny The Noon

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat May 19, 2012 11:33 am

Benny The Noon » Sat May 19, 2012 10:32 am wrote:The owners still have a long way to go to prove themselves to a lot of fans.

I agree, they have got a long way to go. But i've not seen anything from them that justifies the abuse some on here are directing at them.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion