Rafa keeping the faith in his strikers

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 21, 2004 1:58 am

Rafael Benitez remains confident Djibril Cisse and Milan Baros will form an effective front line partnership - despite both of them mis-firing against Deportivo last night. 
Baros missed a number of chances to net a vital goal for Liverpool while Cisse was replaced by Steve Finnan towards the end following a below par display.

Benitez insists his team just needed a goal last night to cap a great display, but he isn't losing faith with his strikers.

He said: "It is natural that if you aren't winning and you come off then you won't be happy, but Djibril worked very hard tonight. He was just unlucky.

"He is working very well in training and it will come for him. It was not just Djibril who missed chances though, Milan and Luis Garcia had very good opportunities too.

"I am sure Milan and Djibril can work well together in time. They did well at Fulham and for 70 minutes against Deportivo. They just didn't score, that's all."

Rafa remains confident the Reds can still finish in the top two of the group, even though he concedes last night's draw makes life more difficult for them in Group A.

He added: "It is going to be difficult to qualify for the knockout stage but if we continue to play as well as we did tonight I am sure we can win our away games and get through.

"We kept the ball very well, we pressed Deportivo all game and we had many opportunities to score. I am happy with a lot of things about this performance but we should have won.

"If we keep this level going I am sure we can win our last three games and qualify from the group."

------------------------------------------------------------

The players are now very confident about themselves afteir their performances against Fulham and Deportivo. Their performances in the past two games have lifted their spirits and prepared them for tougher challenges ahead. Perhaps they learned a very important a lesson against Fulham: "Never give up."

Even though that our players could not find the back of the net (which happens in football), they played with a lot of effort and controled the game. Deportivo had hardly any chances and next time I assure you all that our side will be ready to bang in the goals.

We the fans must continue to be patient and supportive. Yes its ok to speak out when a certain player is underperforming in a game but it is not necessary for you to write them off for the entire season.

The next four fixtures aren't difficult and the win against Fulham was important. Now we go against Chalrton with our heads held high.

When you walk through the storm
Hold your head up high
And don't be afraid of the dark
At the end of the storm
There's a golden sky
And the sweet silver song of the lark

Walk on, through the wind
Walk on, through the rain
Though your dreams be tossed and blown
Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone
You'll never walk alone

YNWA

Cheers!
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:24 am

What, are you smoking ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby Starbridge42 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:31 am

What's your problem Redrider? 
Is it just me or do half the members of this forum hate each other and slate everything one of 'them other ones' says?
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:33 am

Starbridge42 wrote:What's your problem Redrider? 
Is it just me or do half the members of this forum hate each other and slate everything one of 'them other ones' says?

Shut up starbridge you gay lord.  :D  :D

Only joking, it is pathetic he way that this area of the discussion forum descends into chaos most days.
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Thu Oct 21, 2004 10:40 am

Its just you because half of these forums members are the same person who if whinging and groaning was an olympic sport they i mean he  would be gold medal dead cert   :)
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redrider » Thu Oct 21, 2004 12:04 pm

I don't mind reading AB's point of view !
But bursting into song !! Who does he think he is - Mary Poppins ?
Redrider
LFC Super Member

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:57 pm

laza

I think yer've done yer fair share in yer time ???
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Thu Oct 21, 2004 7:59 pm

A.B

Wasn't that song originally by ...now whats his name, a bit before my time :D
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby spud » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:22 pm

To those who haven't noticed...Baros doesn't like Cisse.  Cisse and Baros don't like Garcia.
spud

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:24 pm

Redrider wrote:

I don't mind reading AB's point of view !
But bursting into song !! Who does he think he is - Mary Poppins ?

You have a problem with the song?
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby A.B. » Thu Oct 21, 2004 8:56 pm

kindaconfused wrote:A.B

Wasn't that song originally by ...now whats his name, a bit before my time :D

Gerry Marsden of "Gerry and the Peacemakers"
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby parchpea » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:06 am

I think Benitez is saying what he has to say in public concerning the strike partnership of Cisse and Baros. It clearly not working, or showing any signs it may do in the future. The fact he has changed the front line almost every game proves he is not happy with how its going. Then on Tuesday he moves Cisse onto the wing because it was bearing no fruit. I bet he is counting the days to the transfer window so he can purchase another forward.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby maximus » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:17 am

WHAT ABOUT CISSE & CISSE FFS !! When are we going to see that partnership develop  ???  :D
maximus
LFC Super Member

Postby addicted norwegian » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:21 am

maximus wrote:WHAT ABOUT CISSE & CISSE FFS !! When are we going to see that partnership develop  ???  :D

not untill Kevin Beattie arrives
addicted norwegian
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Fri Oct 22, 2004 11:47 am

Why is everone so convinced that Cisse and Baros don't get on??  Its the first time I have heard that Cisse and Baros don't like Garcia.  It really p1sses me off when people just make  S H 1 T E  up.  Prove your points with some facts or don't bother!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion