Anyone else still depressed as ******?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby taff » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:56 pm

I understand and agree with you, but at some point for the sanity of the forum we have to move on.

And this includes all of those who think things are rosy now and still have little digs at Rafa
taff
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Where have I not been honest?

Honestly  ???
You genuinely wish me to answer that     ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:01 pm

Like I've said many times recently, it's not only all about opinions but it's all about respecting other peoples right to have theirs too. I've got no bother with people saying Roy is a sh!t manager before he's had a chance yet. I've got no bother with people insulting the Liverpool manager and taking the p!ss out of the way he speaks, that's entirely up to them. They can think he's a yes man, tactically inept, and they can not like his chosen choice of holiday destination. Fantastic, and good luck to em.

Equally, I've got no issue with people thinking the end is nigh, we are about to implode, disaster is around the corner and all that stuff. Once again they may well be right for all I know, I don't think they are but we are all just guessers at the end of the day.

My only problem is when some people get all worked up with those who don't buy into the mantra of the manic depressive. That's when it gets on my t!ts. By all means get yourself all down in the dumps about what's going on, dismiss all possible signings as "Purslow picks", denounce all sales as "Christy clear-outs", but just because some of us don't buy into it it doesn't mean we are "deluded", or "ignorant" or "idiots who are out in force" it just means we disagree with you that's all.

You're allowed to be depressed, but equally some of us are allowed to be positive. I'm positive that at the end of Roys first season, we will have improved upon the position when he took over. He will be an improvement on his predecessor, I am positive of it. If I'm wrong fair enough and I'm sure many will remind me of it, but I'm not mental for thinking it, it's just my opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:08 pm

taff wrote:I understand and agree with you, but at some point for the sanity of the forum we have to move on.

And this includes all of those who think things are rosy now and still have little digs at Rafa

I agree mate time to move on ......I stated last week that the new man was starting to grow on me and he seemed articulate and well versed in the running of a football club ... and I was applauded for my honesty by a poster ... then that same poster pens in another thread how humorous he found the posters who had suddenly felt it necessary to support the manager ,when earlier (before he was manager )they had been mocking him ... some people have a real difficulty grasping this concept of honesty mate .... and its this in truth that grates  ???
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 2:42 pm

bigmick wrote:Like I've said many times recently, it's not only all about opinions but it's all about respecting other peoples right to have theirs too. I've got no bother with people saying Roy is a sh!t manager before he's had a chance yet. I've got no bother with people insulting the Liverpool manager and taking the p!ss out of the way he speaks, that's entirely up to them. They can think he's a yes man, tactically inept, and they can not like his chosen choice of holiday destination. Fantastic, and good luck to em.

Equally, I've got no issue with people thinking the end is nigh, we are about to implode, disaster is around the corner and all that stuff. Once again they may well be right for all I know, I don't think they are but we are all just guessers at the end of the day.

My only problem is when some people get all worked up with those who don't buy into the mantra of the manic depressive. That's when it gets on my t!ts. By all means get yourself all down in the dumps about what's going on, dismiss all possible signings as "Purslow picks", denounce all sales as "Christy clear-outs", but just because some of us don't buy into it it doesn't mean we are "deluded", or "ignorant" or "idiots who are out in force" it just means we disagree with you that's all.

You're allowed to be depressed, but equally some of us are allowed to be positive. I'm positive that at the end of Roys first season, we will have improved upon the position when he took over. He will be an improvement on his predecessor, I am positive of it. If I'm wrong fair enough and I'm sure many will remind me of it, but I'm not mental for thinking it, it's just my opinion.

Does that mean people who don't follow your path shouldn't be labelled wrist slashers etc ?! Your having a go at people for doing the same thing your very guilty of doing on a daily basis
Benny The Noon

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:03 pm

Not at all Ben, but you raise a fair point. Describing someone as a "wrist slasher" (which in deference to your good self I've stopped doing as it seems to really get to you for some reason) is only a figure of speech, just like being labelled a "doom and gloomer", a "dreamer" or a "Rafa basher" or a "Rafa hater". It's a light hearted way of grouping people together who are all of the same opinions, just like saying "Kuyt lovers" is a way of describing the people who rate him, as opposed to saying "those that are appreciative of the hard work that Dirk puts in and the goals he scores/creates".

There's a big differnce between that though and ripping into people with insults and abuse simply because they disagree with you. That's all I'm saying here, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:21 pm

And which insults and abuse have I ever dished out ? Yet we have one person threatening to leave the forum because I have reservations about manager and his post has abuse and insults in it - the abuse is flowing both ways
Benny The Noon

Postby Big Niall » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:02 pm

It's a new start.

New manager so anything is possible - let's start the season with hope.

I'm looking forward to see how he lines us up, how stable he keeps the team, the attitude of the team etc.

:buttrock
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:37 pm

can all the bitching please STOP. It,s getting me down. We support the best  club on EARTH. So get behind the manager the players and for fooksake support the club! I wonder if some posters want us to fail. GET A FOOKING GRIP OR GO AND SUPPORT MAN CITYKNOBHEADS
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:41 pm

Exhibit A submitted above
Benny The Noon

Postby dundreamin » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:01 pm

I,ve supported this club since the day i was born, my dad made sure of that. RIP DAD he died suddenly at 42 in 1982. But he taught me the LIVERPOOL WAY. If he could read some of the s.*i*e posted here by people who claim to be lfc fans he would be turning in his grave.but actually he would,nt because his ashes were strewn on the old kop terraces. Those who profess to support this fantastic institution and slag any part of the club except the board,should hang there heads in shameRIP DAD
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:18 pm

Welcome to the fickle life of a forum - if you think it's bad now then i suggest your not around when the season begins .
Benny The Noon

Postby NANNY RED » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:27 pm

dundreamin wrote:can all the bitching please STOP. It,s getting me down. We support the best  club on EARTH. So get behind the manager the players and for fooksake support the club! I wonder if some posters want us to fail. GET A FOOKING GRIP OR GO AND SUPPORT MAN CITYKNOBHEADS

We are behind the manager and the players ,always have been always will be, its just that some of us are more concerned with what is going on off the playing field at the moment ,  to hopefully make sure that we can carry on supporting our manager and our players . So no i dont think ill be off anywhere soon supporting Man City. i think ill carry on fighting to rid.and  discredit  any obsticles what are trying to harm my club, thank you very much
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Sun Jul 18, 2010 6:31 pm

dundreamin wrote:I,ve supported this club since the day i was born, my dad made sure of that. RIP DAD he died suddenly at 42 in 1982. But he taught me the LIVERPOOL WAY. If he could read some of the s.*i*e posted here by people who claim to be lfc fans he would be turning in his grave.but actually he would,nt because his ashes were strewn on the old kop terraces. Those who profess to support this fantastic institution and slag any part of the club except the board,should hang there heads in shameRIP DAD

My sincere condolences mate ,to lose a father at such a young age  is a bitter pill to swallow especially one who was such an excellent  mentor who kept you well versed in The Liverpool Way
Y.N.W.A
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:06 pm

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Where have I not been honest?

Honestly  ???
You genuinely wish me to answer that     ???

Please do
Im all ears
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion