Why is nothing happening?! - All quiet on the transfer front...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Well Red » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:37 pm

God dammit, the Americans said that Rafa would have a load of money to spend - so why is nothing happening. There are a lot of negative reports about rafa having been misled by the board and the new directors, and lots of BS talk. The only way to put this all to bed is to OPENLY state to the fans what is going on with the Stadium work, and show some goddamn interest in big players. Being merely "linked" through such shite mediums as the English tabloid press means nothing, and players like Forlan and Bent are not big players, let alone Liverpool FC standard. We want to win the league and it's clear what players we need.

...from a fan who's growing more worried each day by the silence from the club
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:44 pm

My guess is that they are working hard trying to get things moving ect.....Also taking into account what Hicks said the other day im sure they are busy.

I will be severley dissapointed if we dont sign anyone this week.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Well Red » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:46 pm

it's just that Hicks said a while back that there would be a Major Signing soon that'll turn heads and raise eyebrows. Surely he wasn't talking about getting Stevie and Xabi to sign new contracts.

I'm just anxious for us to sign someone big to send out a sign that we mean buisness. All the players we've been linked with (Alves/Malouda/Villa) are now all recieving interest from Chelsea. We need to get a move on because Rafa was saying himself how he wants all the signings wrapped up quickly so that they can train with the squad from the very beginning of pre-season in order to get familiar with the team and the players around them, rather than like usual when we're playing qualifying games or there's an international tournament on :angry:
Last edited by Well Red on Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:07 pm

I could probably understand why we have been inactive on the transfer front the last weeks or so, because Rafa and his staff have been tying up the signings that do matter. ( Gerrard, Carra, Xabi, Pepe Reina, Finnan, Momo )

But IF we do not see any movement by us at all this week, I personally, will have a great deal to worry about.

Time is running short.

In Malouda's case, Lyon have made it clear that if Abidal goes, Malouda stays. If Malouda goes, Abidal stays. And supposedly, there is a deadline to sign either player which is June 30. Two weeks from now.

I know two weeks is a long time, but I sincerely hope it doesnt turn out to be a long negotiation. I know Lyon has a pompy bitch for a president, and everyone knows Rafa wont be ransomed by anyone but if there was any time that I think we should fork out the cash, it should be now. Our left wing is struggling. Gonzalez is gone. Kewell's the only out and out winger.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The K0P » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:25 pm

Has Gonzalez gone ? thought a move away was possible ..
The K0P

Postby hunterz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:29 pm

Gillet had stated earlier that liverpool would not be spending like "drunken sailor"--quote from soccernet,imo they are thinking of backing out by sending us a message that they would not be spending big so that we wont be setting our hopes too high..the talks about big money,buying world class players are all bullshits to fool us during the talkover and now when the time come to realise them,they talked rationally that they have their plan and things like that,imo they just cant bear to part their money..what a loads of :censored: to buy us over..The reason why it has been so quiet in my own speculation is because there is no amicable settlements on the amount of money to buy our "world class" players.What Villa,etos,tevez..I wont be surprised if the only striker we land ourselves is darren bent in the end..what you guys think? :angry:
hunterz

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:30 pm

Well Red wrote:God dammit, the Americans said that Rafa would have a load of money to spend - so why is nothing happening. There are a lot of negative reports about rafa having been misled by the board and the new directors, and lots of BS talk. The only way to put this all to bed is to OPENLY state to the fans what is going on with the Stadium work, and show some goddamn interest in big players. Being merely "linked" through such shite mediums as the English tabloid press means nothing, and players like Forlan and Bent are not big players, let alone Liverpool FC standard. We want to win the league and it's clear what players we need.

...from a fan who's growing more worried each day by the silence from the club

I would think there is a LOT of work going on. Getting Gerrrard, Alonso, Carra and Reina tied down to long term deals takes work, as does getting the stadium plans ready, as does signing Leiva and two youngsters from Hungary. I think that's evidence enough that there is work going on.

Hicks has OPENLY talked about the stadium plans, as has Gillett.

As for transfers, I wouldn't expect any club to talk OPENLY about any of the more specific business they conduct, it would be naive to say the least.

We don't know what "interest" is being shown in "big" players.
The papers decide who we apparently show "interest" in.

I take the silence from people within the club that work is being done, and the evidence so far is that it has been.

Few clubs in Europe with the exception of manure have made significant moves in the transfer window so far.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:34 pm

Does anyone on here actually think that in the next week or two we are going to sign a player that will make us think

'Yes thats what we have been waiting for ?'

Or do you think it will be a case of

'Not really what we wanted, but im happy to go along with it'. In Rafa we trust so to speak :;):

Its a hard one because we have been linked with so many players it would be difficult for us to sign someone, and think 'Didnt see that one coming'.
I use to love the transfer period before a new season just to see who gets who and how many surprises pop up, the ones that you would never of thought possible, i hope we pull off one of those, because even though the 'Its only early brigade' will jump on this im still p.issed off at the lack of activity on our behalf !
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:37 pm

hunterz wrote:Gillet had stated earlier that liverpool would not be spending like "drunken sailor"--quote from soccernet,imo they are thinking of backing out by sending us a message that they would not be spending big so that we wont be setting our hopes too high..the talks about big money,buying world class players are all bullshits to fool us during the talkover and now when the time come to realise them,they talked rationally that they have their plan and things like that,imo they just cant bear to part their money..what a loads of :censored: to buy us over..The reason why it has been so quiet in my own speculation is because there is no amicable settlements on the amount of money to buy our "world class" players.What Villa,etos,tevez..I wont be surprised if the only striker we land ourselves is darren bent in the end..what you guys think? :angry:

I'd say the end of the world is near, Skeletor, Hicks and Gillett have been conspiring to fool us all. They don't want to spend a penny, they're not committed despite investing £450m in the club already.

Beware  :alien:
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:38 pm

destro wrote:'Its only early brigade'

It's true no?

We still have many posshibilities

:D
LFC2007

Postby destro » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:42 pm

:laugh: Yeah just like 'Its true we create many chances to win the game '
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:49 pm

In all seriousness though who else in Europe other than the Mancs have made significant moves for the so called "big" players?

Ribery?

That's all I can think of.
LFC2007

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:49 pm

Well Red wrote:it's just that Hicks said a while back that there would be a Major Signing soon that'll turn heads and raise eyebrows. Surely he wasn't talking about getting Stevie and Xabi to sign new contracts.

I'm just anxious for us to sign someone big to send out a sign that we mean buisness. All the players we've been linked with (Alves/Malouda/Villa) are now all recieving interest from Chelsea. We need to get a move on because Rafa was saying himself how he wants all the signings wrapped up quickly so that they can train with the squad from the very beginning of pre-season in order to get familiar with the team and the players around them, rather than like usual when we're playing qualifying games or there's an international tournament on :angry:

haha i was thinking of tht. maybe its just the contracts he was talking bout lol
if it is. . . then please  :help
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Emerald Red » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:01 pm

Has anyone signed any of our so called big targets that we are linked with yet? No.

Would we all still be freaking out if ManUre hadn't have spent big already? Chances are, no!

So why worry what they do? These signings are about us, not them. I don't care if it takes a month for us to sign two players, be it big names or not, I do not care. What I do care about is if these players can do the business for us. Big names don't equal big results, people. Not all the time. Patients.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby J*o*n*D*o*e » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:05 pm

lets not forget the spanish league hasnt finished yet, i think after this weekend things will move pretty quickly.
ImageImage
J*o*n*D*o*e

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill