Why is nothing happening?! - All quiet on the transfer front...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:45 pm

flamingpoe wrote:then why did pablo aimar make the jump??

zaragoza have a very stong argentinian presence in thier team, both now & historically
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:48 pm

ok so i may be wrong but even then anyday of the week u wuld rather joaquin and vicente over silva
flamingpoe

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:51 pm

people are raving abour alfonso alves. considering his strike rate...i find it kind of tempting to buy him if im manager.
comments?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:55 pm

flamingpoe wrote:ok so i may be wrong but even then anyday of the week u wuld rather joaquin and vicente over silva

Joaquin is a right winger. Maybe one of the best dribblers in the world. He'd be the best dribbler of the premiership probably.

He has spent some time in the bench in Valencia. Competing in a big club has been an interesting challenge for him after having a safe spot always in Betis. He'd returned to the spanish squad this month. He said it all "I learnt something with Luis, if you don't run, you don't play", and that's all about my doubts about him, he's been a lazy player all his life, and here he'd have to work a lot. Quality? lots Certainty that he'd be a success? not sure. But I'm sure bigmick would have marvelous english narrative posts about his ability to drible in a space like this <--->

Silva, instead, is not as good dribller as Joaquin, but he has quality too and he's a tough worker. He played for Eibar in segunda division, with all the roughness and physical presence that division requires (Alonso played and succeeded also in Eibar) so I have no doubts about his toughness. The Segunda Division is not a division with quality -- despite being better than many european leagues, but if you suceed there it means you're not weak as a player.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:56 pm

alfonso alves has been great this season but i think it is a gamble.  in previous seasons he hasnt scored many goals.  maybe it was a flash season.  I say let him stay where he is for 12 months and see how he does before taking a gamble on him.

I would rather sign Huntalaar.
kobashi

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 4:56 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=920aMpWX9nc alfonso alves, he does look something special and celta vigo ain't exactly the worst team of the century!
flamingpoe

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:02 pm

yeah huntelaar is pretty good too. fact is tht there are dozens of possiblities but will they fit into they style of play rafa wants? he seems to like worker type of players so silva might come in handy.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:03 pm

kobashi wrote:alfonso alves has been great this season but i think it is a gamble.  in previous seasons he hasnt scored many goals.  maybe it was a flash season.  I say let him stay where he is for 12 months and see how he does before taking a gamble on him.

I would rather sign Huntalaar.

alves has banged in plenty goals especially considering the team he plays for, that coupled with him just breaking into the brazil team. i would be happy for him to join us.

here is his record:

2002-2004 - orgyte - 39(apps) 23(goals)
2004 - 2006 - Malmo - 55/29
2006 - now - heerenven - 31/34

If we can get him relativly cheap he'd be great to bolstor our team

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:06 pm

silva is a quality player but he just doesn't have so much of a name as joaquin or vicente and yes joaquin is a right midfielder thats right footed but u stick him on the left, and because it will push in field, which is wat joaquin is all about, hes a wf by trade so instead of getting him come in on his weaker foot why not get him coming in with that oh so magical right foot of his :D
flamingpoe

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:07 pm

i dont mind taking a gamble for alfonso alves if the price is right...how much though?
5million? 8?
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:14 pm

flamingpoe wrote:silva is a quality player but he just doesn't have so much of a name as joaquin or vicente and yes joaquin is a right midfielder thats right footed but u stick him on the left, and because it will push in field, which is wat joaquin is all about, hes a wf by trade so instead of getting him come in on his weaker foot why not get him coming in with that oh so magical right foot of his :D

Spot on!!!

Spot on!!

I mean, your first line says it all and it explains aswell why you like Torres so much!! Torres has a lot of name!! He's made good in the FIFA and Proevolution games!! His hairdresses are well 3D digitalised and he has specific freckles in the computer game!! the lads do all the kind of tricks with the gamepad with him!! and he appears in the front of the game box!!

But then you see him during 6 years in a stadium, you see him what he does when the team is 2-0 down, you see him not tracking back, you see him making the wrong movement when he and a team mate is making a 2 against 2 counterattack, and you realise he's not that good.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:18 pm

HAHAHAHA. gosh. allright....so from what im getting...torres doesnt have a great strike rate and he doesnt track back.

i dnt think benitez like this types of players does he...he seems to like to attack and defend as a unit.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redtrader74 » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:19 pm

flamingpoe wrote:silva is a quality player but he just doesn't have so much of a name as joaquin or vicente and yes joaquin is a right midfielder thats right footed but u stick him on the left, and because it will push in field, which is wat joaquin is all about, hes a wf by trade so instead of getting him come in on his weaker foot why not get him coming in with that oh so magical right foot of his :D

Surely it is more important that the player is quality and would fit into our team and present ethos, rather than whether or not the player is a big name, or someone you have heard of.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:23 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:HAHAHAHA. gosh. allright....so from what im getting...torres doesnt have a great strike rate and he doesnt track back.

i dnt think benitez like this types of players does he...he seems to like to attack and defend as a unit.

But has Rafa said  he is a target?

Maybe coming to Liverpool is the thing he needs, and under Pako and Rafa he'll learn a lot, and maybe he can become a success. But  if I have to be honest, I don't think he would, his goal tally every year always have 4 or 5 goals made by penalty shot. If I rated a player only when he has the ball, I'd say bring him, because despite he doesn't finnish he creates danger. But off the ball, he is very unimpressive, imho.
Last edited by Sabre on Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SOS member #1499

Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:23 pm

redtrader74 wrote:

Surely it is more important that the player is quality and would fit into our team and present ethos, rather than whether or not the player is a big name, or someone you have heard of.

This is something I've been stating for a while now.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill