Why is nothing happening?! - All quiet on the transfer front...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Rockthekop » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:04 am

I think its a bit premature to panic cuz we havent signed any big players over the past few weeks.  What makes me more concerned is the possibility that we won't get ANY of our first choice targets.  I can't bear the thought of us signing more of those second/third choice 'half decent' players that don't improve the team. We need real quality to move to the next level, we have been crying out for better players for too long now.  It breaks my heart to watch Man Utd, Chelsea & Arsenal lift the holy grail that is the Premiership crown.  We have to do everything in our power to win the title.  We may have had great success in the past but we need to dominate domestically before we can call ourselves a great side again. Rafa is the right man, the board must support him big time! Show us the money boys
Rockthekop

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:20 am

I think there's a lot of indications from trustworthy people that things are, shall we say, troubled behind the scenes, and that the evidence to the contrary largely boils down to Gillett and Hicks' PR.

The facts are that we signed a £5 million player on the club's existing overdraft a couple of weeks ago, and that otherwise, despite Rafa repeatedly talking both openly and "through" Bascombe about the need to sign our main targets quickly, we, er, haven't.

I just find it very strange that any number of reliable non-bullsh#tters can describe the situation at the club as murky at best, and people rush to call them "moaners" and "doom and gloom merchants" - but many of the same people wet themselves with excitement at some tribalfootball report that we're "in" for Torres.

Personally, I'm just getting a little tired of being lectured about "the facts" by people who (and this doesn't mean you, btw) were until recently smugly telling people the transfer window didn't open until July the 1st anyway.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby puroresu » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:37 am

stmichael wrote:I think there's a lot of indications from trustworthy people that things are, shall we say, troubled behind the scenes, and that the evidence to the contrary largely boils down to Gillett and Hicks' PR.

The facts are that we signed a £5 million player on the club's existing overdraft a couple of weeks ago, and that otherwise, despite Rafa repeatedly talking both openly and "through" Bascombe about the need to sign our main targets quickly, we, er, haven't.

I just find it very strange that any number of reliable non-bullsh#tters can describe the situation at the club as murky at best, and people rush to call them "moaners" and "doom and gloom merchants" - but many of the same people wet themselves with excitement at some tribalfootball report that we're "in" for Torres.

Personally, I'm just getting a little tired of being lectured about "the facts" by people who (and this doesn't mean you, btw) were until recently smugly telling people the transfer window didn't open until July the 1st anyway.

If Bascombe was saying there was a £70 mil budget and top names were being targeted people wouldnt be saying "Bascombe talks rubbish etc". Just because he may write some not so postive articles it does not mean his lying.  All clubs, companies, institutions etc have sources the media can talk to.  Its a fact of life.
puroresu

Postby LiverpoolMadman » Wed Jun 13, 2007 11:57 am

RedWolf35 wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Maybe we need to cancel to build the new stadium, then we may have more cash.

great idea..........

cancel the chance of having 70,000 + fans a week instead of 44,000 +

your not an accountant obviously

:no

What is important ? Having 70000 sit or having a better team than last season ( with some new World Class players )?

I would rather have a better team and having a new staduim because we can build that stadium in near future.
LiverpoolMadman

Postby account deleted by request » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:36 pm

The idea of having a larger capacity stadium is to generate the funds so that we can buy better players on a sustainable basis.
account deleted by request

Postby stmichael » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:04 pm

I still don't see much activity with other clubs either at the moment if I'm honest. Infact I'd rather support us than Arsenal for instance at the moment as they have been linked with nobody and their best player and one of their best managers are on the brink of leaving.

Chelsea have signed Steve Sidwell.
West Ham are linked with everyone.
Man City, thank f#ck we didn't let that bloke buy us.
Etc....

I know we should'nt judge ourselves by how other people are doing,but I think the only reasons we seem to be panicking are the fact Man U have spent 50 million on Hargreaves and two youngster who won't even be first team regulars next term.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby heimdall » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:27 pm

LiverpoolMadman wrote:
RedWolf35 wrote:
LiverpoolMadman wrote:Maybe we need to cancel to build the new stadium, then we may have more cash.

great idea..........

cancel the chance of having 70,000 + fans a week instead of 44,000 +

your not an accountant obviously

:no

What is important ? Having 70000 sit or having a better team than last season ( with some new World Class players )?

I would rather have a better team and having a new staduim because we can build that stadium in near future.

Yes here we see a classic example of short term thinking. Please tell me you don't work in finance, if you do tell me where so that I can avoid it   :p

The most important thing is the new stadium but if we can combine that with one or two top class signings, which I expect we will then everything will be great.  :buttrock  :buttrock
heimdall

Postby RedBlood » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:36 pm

J*o*n*D*o*e wrote:lets not forget the spanish league hasnt finished yet, i think after this weekend things will move pretty quickly.

i agree i believe we will sign one or two players from the spanish league possibly more who knows, so i expect a few things to happen after the league has finnished
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:46 pm

stmichael wrote:I still don't see much activity with other clubs either at the moment if I'm honest. Infact I'd rather support us than Arsenal for instance at the moment as they have been linked with nobody and their best player and one of their best managers are on the brink of leaving.

Chelsea have signed Steve Sidwell.
West Ham are linked with everyone.
Man City, thank f#ck we didn't let that bloke buy us.
Etc....

I know we should'nt judge ourselves by how other people are doing,but I think the only reasons we seem to be panicking are the fact Man U have spent 50 million on Hargreaves and two youngster who won't even be first team regulars next term.

I agree that Arsenal fans must be worrying slightly.  However lets not forget Wenger months ago said he will not be spending big this summer.  Wenger has belief in his young players.  Chelsea havent done much but chelsea dont need to spend much.  They already have a very strong squad and I dont expect chelsea to being in that many players.

We finished way behind the top 2 and need to bring in quality.  Last season the aim was to get everyone in before the WC but it didnt happen.
puroresu

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 1:55 pm

It's happening something!! There was a massive fight in the Valencia camp. The Yomus Valencia ultras faced the local players, and Albelda said literally "All the good players are going to leave, and you'll have what you deserve, a shítty team".

Poor Albelda. He's a grade A cúnt, but when he opens the mouth you always learn something. Now we must get Silva and Villa from them. Their club need the money, Carboni sport director and Sanchez Flores the coach do not have work relationship, we must go there and plunder.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:01 pm

i wish we would plunder em for joaquin or vicente we need a new left midfielder, and i think one of those 2 would be cheaper than bloody malouda!!!!!
flamingpoe

Postby puroresu » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:01 pm

Sabre wrote:It's happening something!! There was a massive fight in the Valencia camp. The Yomus Valencia ultras faced the local players, and Albelda said literally "All the good players are going to leave, and you'll have what you deserve, a shítty team".

Poor Albelda. He's a grade A cúnt, but when he opens the mouth you always learn something. Now we must get Silva and Villa from them. Their club need the money, Carboni sport director and Sanchez Flores the coach do not have work relationship, we must go there and plunder.

Sanchez Flores will lose out in all this.  He will be let go.
puroresu

Postby club_Levis » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:12 pm

Sabre wrote:It's happening something!! There was a massive fight in the Valencia camp. The Yomus Valencia ultras faced the local players, and Albelda said literally "All the good players are going to leave, and you'll have what you deserve, a shítty team".

Good news.  David Villa is a must for Liverpool.
club_Levis

Postby grayghost » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:20 pm

Lets just wait till the la liga is finished at least a week then we will see some movement.
grayghost

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:21 pm

All the fight is due to Valencia playing awfully against the Valencia lesser team, Levante.

Fernando Morientes was told "Morientes!! Valencia is a nice place to live eh?" which is a Spanish way to say you're a lazy bástard. Morientes faced them and had to be separated by a security guard.

Joaquin was told "Tell me a joke, Joaquin!"", which is also quite offending, as you're telling him a buffon, and Villa was also insulted. This can be good yes, a big name or two are propably going to be out the club. So it seems.

Nothing to do with LFC, but it's a rumour feeding material, which is what we're talking about now there's no football! :laugh:
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill