Why is nothing happening?! - All quiet on the transfer front...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby destro » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:06 pm

True, its been unusually  quiet, but surely its not going to be like the Whacky Races when the Spanish season ends with everyone clambering to sign the best they have there ?

I hope not because that means we are entering a bidding war with the best of europe, and sadly the days of a player WANTING to wear our famous red shirt have long since gone, its going to come mainly down to who offers the most/and who pays the best wages :(
destro

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:09 pm

we're gonna win the epl in 2009. trust me on this one. if not i shall wear a man scum jersey and walk into the liverpool fan club here.:p
maypaxvobiscum

Postby hunterz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:15 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
hunterz wrote:Gillet had stated earlier that liverpool would not be spending like "drunken sailor"--quote from soccernet,imo they are thinking of backing out by sending us a message that they would not be spending big so that we wont be setting our hopes too high..the talks about big money,buying world class players are all bullshits to fool us during the talkover and now when the time come to realise them,they talked rationally that they have their plan and things like that,imo they just cant bear to part their money..what a loads of :censored: to buy us over..The reason why it has been so quiet in my own speculation is because there is no amicable settlements on the amount of money to buy our "world class" players.What Villa,etos,tevez..I wont be surprised if the only striker we land ourselves is darren bent in the end..what you guys think? :angry:

I'd say the end of the world is near, Skeletor, Hicks and Gillett have been conspiring to fool us all. They don't want to spend a penny, they're not committed despite investing £450m in the club already.

Beware  :alien:

Maybe im not a too-patient person..In actual fact,Im not abit worry about the transfers done by other clubs at the moment,but its just that there were so many speculations before that and I think most of us here would be expecting good news and looking forward to the transfer windows but now is really too quiet apart from a few contracts signed..I will keep my "gun powder" and observed for a few more weeks and release them if things are the same... :sleepy:
hunterz

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:16 pm

Emerald Red wrote:Patients.

:laugh:  Exactly!

Dr. Rafa is on the case!
LFC2007

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:17 pm

i think currently we should be looking into other league's for bargain amazing players, because everyone is interested in spanish teams!! why not look in the german and the french or italian, hella there is alot of good players outside the spanish league and there are quite a few probs looking to move to england from other countries
flamingpoe

Postby hunterz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:21 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Emerald Red wrote:Patients.

:laugh:  Exactly!

Dr. Rafa is on the case!

Ya,hopefully the patient is well taken care of and will be healthily discharged soon.. :laugh:
hunterz

Postby hunterz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:23 pm

flamingpoe wrote:i think currently we should be looking into other league's for bargain amazing players, because everyone is interested in spanish teams!! why not look in the german and the french or italian, hella there is alot of good players outside the spanish league and there are quite a few probs looking to move to england from other countries

I heard that Klose is quite good and is available on a free (dont know if its true)..he should be tempted to come since his Germany teammate Ballack is in epl too.. :eyebrow
hunterz

Postby redtrader74 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:23 pm

'Why is nothing happening??'  Does anyone seriously believe that Rafa and the owners are not in the process of negotiating a signing? Do you really believe they are sitting on their hands atm?

Please someone tell me who has done any business so far? what established top class players have been bought? Have any of the supposed 15 'targets' been sold to another Club? Nothing of any real importance has been carried out yet.

You are getting frustrated because the media tells you we are after someone, then that we won't get them, then we have a massive budget, then we don't have one, G&H and Rafa have a successful meeting, next they have lied to him and Rafas not happy, We are after Eto and then no, we're after Sally Gunnell etc etc.

There's Sh!tloads of misinformation out there, some of which will ultimately be true, not because it was sourced well, but because of scatter gun journalism.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:32 pm

hunterz wrote:
flamingpoe wrote:i think currently we should be looking into other league's for bargain amazing players, because everyone is interested in spanish teams!! why not look in the german and the french or italian, hella there is alot of good players outside the spanish league and there are quite a few probs looking to move to england from other countries

I heard that Klose is quite good and is available on a free (dont know if its true)..he should be tempted to come since his Germany teammate Ballack is in epl too.. :eyebrow

Klose article
LFC2007

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 7:44 pm

in that tho if klose does go to bayern, we might be able to nick roy makaay for a bit of a cheapie.......u never know......hell we would all be happy to see klose come to liverpool, but if he doesn't makaay might be persuaded! :D
flamingpoe

Postby hunterz » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:03 pm

Bayern has been buying up some real good players..if they get klose,they would really be one big threat..We have to stop them:p
hunterz

Postby kobashi » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:21 pm

flamingpoe wrote:in that tho if klose does go to bayern, we might be able to nick roy makaay for a bit of a cheapie.......u never know......hell we would all be happy to see klose come to liverpool, but if he doesn't makaay might be persuaded! :D

makaay is past his best.  would be a silly purchase.
kobashi

Postby elefsee » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:01 pm

It's really frustrating to think that all the bs that came from Gillett and Hicks about the history and glory days, it seems to me that they are just lining their pockets, the manures are having a great laugh at our expense, c'mon, lets see those dollars role:D
elefsee

Postby The Manhattan Project » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:09 pm

It's really frustrating to think that all the bs that came from Gillett and Hicks about the history and glory days, it seems to me that they are just lining their pockets, the manures are having a great laugh at our expense, c'mon, lets see those dollars role:D

Man U have only signed two youngsters so far and Owen Harchesterunited, which was a long time coming. Be patient. I have little doubt that things are happening out of the public eye. If the Americans wanted to line their own pockets, they could have just bought into more oil companies. That's what I would do if I was a billionzilliontrillionfafillionaire.
Last edited by The Manhattan Project on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:19 pm

What makes me laugh about all these negative posts saying "WHY ARN'T WE DOING ANYTHING"

How do you know?

are you privy to the inermost sanctions of anfield. Rafa will be working hard to secure the best for our Team.

Regardless of the amount he has to spend he will ensure we are in a better state next year than we were this.

IMO we will get a nice kitty to spend and it will be done wisely.

There have been no surprise big signings for any team yet just chill over the Summer and all will be well,

Remember in rafa we trust :D :D :D
Last edited by Ian Rush's Right foot on Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill