Why is nothing happening?! - All quiet on the transfer front...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:49 am

elefsee wrote:If we sign someone big before the season kicks off, i'll eat my new away shirt when i get it, thats how confident i am that nothing is going to happen. I really wish i had the confidence in the board, but im afraid i don't sorry!!! ???

You are a pleb, will you film the eating of the new away shirt ?....i will look forward to viewing it you see.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:13 pm

The last two months have been the most uninspiring and negative months we've had in a while. The only positives are:
1. Benitez staying at the club
2. Reina,Alonso,Gerrard and Carragher signing new deals

For us to win the league this upcoming season or any season in the near future, a lot of things have to change. Not just personal alone but the mindset of the players, mostly away from home.

The first three games of the last season told me everything I needed to know. We're average at best away from home and we're good at Anfield. It's not like Anfield is buzzing every single Premiership game, our players feel more comfortable when playing at home then away. Our mindset changes as soon as we're on the road.

For one, we're predictable and limited on the road. We're negative in our approach for the most part. If we go behind, we don't win games. It's a simple fact. Whether it be a goal or two, we can not come back from behind and win a game consistently in the league. I think we've done that maybe three or four times in the last four years which is quite pathetic.

If we don't score first, we don't win a game. That has to change.

Our players, whether they be back up or starters, have to be on the top of their game for the entire season. Steven Gerrard was absolutely dreadful this past year considering that he's a world class player and a Liverpool captain. I'm not asking for 30 yard screamers every game, but he needs to get into the form he was in 05/06. He scored in only five or six games in the league this year. He was practically invisible for much of the season in the league.

Off the pitch, our negotiations and approach with money and transfers isn't any better. We drag on too long to sign players. Everything is difficult for us.

I also think that people jumped to the conclusion that we would spend money ala Roman Abramovich. I didn't, because G/H made that clear when they took over. What we can do that we haven't done in the past, is spend money without having to sell five or six players to have the funds to buy that player.

With that being said, it's still not enough to draw someone like Eto'o to the club. I said from day one that we wouldn't sign players of such caliber. Not just because we don't have the money like Chelsea but because Rick Parry is still at the club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:09 pm

its happening! we are signing Benayoun! :D
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Thingy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:15 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:its happening! we are signing Benayoun! :D

For real? Id rather chop off my own head.
Thingy

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jun 14, 2007 2:17 pm

Thingy wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:its happening! we are signing Benayoun! :D

For real? Id rather chop off my own head.

its on soccernet
maypaxvobiscum

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:40 pm

Benayoun is a good player but this is not enough, there is clearly a rift escalating within the walls of anfield, these Americans haven't a clue about the importance of what LFC aspire to. It will most definitely boil over in the coming weeks if this dire situation dosen't get sorted out, im so p****d off with these American money grabbers:angry:
elefsee

Postby puroresu » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:45 pm

Im worried that Benayoun was not an original target but due to financial restraints the club has to look at someone like him.  Sick of not seeing 1st choice targets and the club having to get 2nd best.  pennant was signed as Alves couldnt be bought.  We cant get Malouda, doubt we will pay £12 mil for Simao as well.
puroresu

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:51 pm

The title has eluded us for too long now, and these Yanks are not going down too well with the majority of fans, yes the new stadium is important to the financial infrastructure for the future, and yes we are getting better under Rafa, but if he can't get the funds then we are just going to go into a backward spiral, as the other teams who where behind us in the league will surely overtake us, part of the big four may no longer exist if these people don't get their hands out of their pockets.
elefsee

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:52 pm

Mmm....i have a feeling these yanks...are all w@nks!....i wouldn,t blame rafa if he did walk away?...it looks like we will be shoping in the bargain basement again....while the clubs with real ambition will be shopping at M+S. Its looking like another season of false promises...i wish that parry would fukk off!...then we might get someone with more passion and ambition who might be able to direct these yanks in the proper direction. :down:
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:52 pm

elefsee wrote:Benayoun is a good player but this is not enough, there is clearly a rift escalating within the walls of anfield, these Americans haven't a clue about the importance of what LFC aspire to. It will most definitely boil over in the coming weeks if this dire situation dosen't get sorted out, im so p****d off with these American money grabbers:angry:

What money grabbing are you on about?  the millions they have spent buying the club? the millions they have dedicated to the new stadium or the millions they said would be there to back Raaafa?
It is only at the end of the transfer window that things will come out in the wash, it is then that we will know what funds were commited to new players.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:58 pm

redtrader74 wrote:
elefsee wrote:Benayoun is a good player but this is not enough, there is clearly a rift escalating within the walls of anfield, these Americans haven't a clue about the importance of what LFC aspire to. It will most definitely boil over in the coming weeks if this dire situation dosen't get sorted out, im so p****d off with these American money grabbers:angry:

What money grabbing are you on about?  the millions they have spent buying the club? the millions they have dedicated to the new stadium or the millions they said would be there to back Raaafa?
It is only at the end of the transfer window that things will come out in the wash, it is then that we will know what funds were commited to new players.

what i meant is that in the long term these Yanks are just looking to line their pockets, isn't it obvious with all the rhetoric they spitted out when they first took over about how much they love the history etc etc, well if they love it so much they have to support Rafa and it clearly shows that they are not supporting him, giving him pocket money to spend sends out the wrong message to players who might want to play for us, it's telling them that we lack ambition.
elefsee

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:01 pm

We have had promises....now we need action they need to put their money were their mouths are so far they have talked a good talk, now they have to deliver.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:02 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:We have had promises....now we need action they need to put their money were their mouths are so far they have talked a good talk, now they have to deliver.

Totally agree, well said.
elefsee

Postby redtrader74 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:04 pm

elefsee wrote:
redtrader74 wrote:

what i meant is that in the long term these Yanks are just looking to line their pockets, isn't it obvious with all the rhetoric they spitted out when they first took over about how much they love the history etc etc, well if they love it so much they have to support Rafa and it clearly shows that they are not supporting him, giving him pocket money to spend sends out the wrong message to players who might want to play for us, it's telling them that we lack ambition.

We still do not know what the transfer fund is. Of course they came in to make a profit, but they won't make any if they team is rubbish and unsuccessful.
They know this more than anyone, and if only for selfish reasons they have to give Rafa money, even the hated Galzers have worked that out. The investment so far and that set aside, is evidence that they are here to be successful.
Lets see what happens over the course of the summer before we hang 'em.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 5:08 pm

I hope your right, I really do for the sake of the club, in Rafa we trust.
:D
elefsee

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill