Why is nothing happening?! - All quiet on the transfer front...

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 5:29 pm

Sabre wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:HAHAHAHA. gosh. allright....so from what im getting...torres doesnt have a great strike rate and he doesnt track back.

i dnt think benitez like this types of players does he...he seems to like to attack and defend as a unit.

But has Rafa said  he is a target?

Maybe coming to Liverpool is the thing he needs, and under Pako and Rafa he'll learn a lot, and maybe he can become a success. But  if I have to be honest, I don't think he would, his goal tally every year always have 4 or 5 goals made by penalty shot. If I rated a player only when he has the ball, I'd say bring him, because despite he doesn't finnish he creates danger. But off the ball, he is very unimpressive, imho.

tough call. anything is possible. if he comes he will definately be a better player. ive been very impressed by the work pako puts in.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby hunterz » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:48 pm

club_Levis wrote:
Sabre wrote:It's happening something!! There was a massive fight in the Valencia camp. The Yomus Valencia ultras faced the local players, and Albelda said literally "All the good players are going to leave, and you'll have what you deserve, a shítty team".

Poor Albelda. He's a grade A cúnt, but when he opens the mouth you always learn something. Now we must get Silva and Villa from them. Their club need the money, Carboni sport director and Sanchez Flores the coach do not have work relationship, we must go there and plunder.

Good news.  David Villa is a must for Liverpool.

Bad news.David Villas said that he intends to stay at Valencia and is not going anywhere..Eto said the same thing too..2 down..Im half awoken from my fantesy dream already :help
hunterz

Postby Sabre » Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:58 pm

Yes he has said that, but if the club want to sell...

Those are Villa's quotes, translated

"My intent is to stay, not only next year, but many more as I have a contract and I wish I could extend it"

"However, we'll have to wait for summer and see what happens".

The classic "I'm fine here" but "Everything can happen in football" statement. It's obvious though the lad isn't willing to leave the club at all costs.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KOPMATT » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:04 am

IMO I think that we'll have to wait until La Liga is finalised before we see much action!
KOPMATT

Postby Thingy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 12:47 am

Does Anyone else think Rafa is wating to find out our fixtures before making a move in the transfer market?

:D
Thingy

Postby Ydde » Thu Jun 14, 2007 3:41 am

To start off some discussion without rumors, i'd ask this question.

What really goes on when you want to buy a player?

Rafa tells the board, the board contacts the player's club, then starts the ball rolling?

When does the player come into play? Agents?

Anyone who is mates with an agent(there seems to be many) can help us find out?
Ydde

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:18 am

my striker wish list in terms of priority to sign: (I know some choices are just fantasizing)

1. Tevez
2. Eto'o
3. Berbatov
4. Villa
5. Incredible Sulk
6. Owen
7. Forlan
8. Darren Bent
9. Torres

whaddaya think?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:47 am

maguskwt wrote:my striker wish list in terms of priority to sign: (I know some choices are just fantasizing)

1. Tevez
2. Eto'o
3. Berbatov
4. Villa
5. Incredible Sulk
6. Owen
7. Forlan
8. Darren Bent
9. Torres

whaddaya think?

Tevez, Eto'o, Berbatov, Villa   :nod

Incredible Sulk, Owen, Forlan   ???

Darren Bent,  Torres    :no
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:26 am

maguskwt wrote:my striker wish list in terms of priority to sign: (I know some choices are just fantasizing)

1. Tevez
2. Eto'o
3. Berbatov
4. Villa
5. Incredible Sulk
6. Owen
7. Forlan
8. Darren Bent
9. Torres

whaddaya think?

realistically we stand a chance to get owen, anelka, torres and forlan.
berbatov is my fave choice though. or maybe last season was just a flash one for him. maybe next season he wont score as many? just a maybe. but spurs have got pretty good attack tbh.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:08 am

If the new owners keep slacking on the transfer market, i can see some kind of protest developing at Anfield. The majority of the supporters are getting frustrated at the lack of feedback from the new owners, its about time they spilled the beans on what their intentions really are. The new stadium is in the pipeline, but we need to have a shot at the title before that materalises, even some form of a statement would come close to easing the fears of the majority of the fans. Ex red Jason McAteer has also voiced his concerns this morning on the subject, so it aint just the fans who are anxious, it's about time they come clean. :(
elefsee

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:16 am

First premiership fixture 07/08 season, away to Aston Villa.
elefsee

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:37 am

elefsee wrote:If the new owners keep slacking on the transfer market, i can see some kind of protest developing at Anfield. The majority of the supporters are getting frustrated at the lack of feedback from the new owners, its about time they spilled the beans on what their intentions really are. The new stadium is in the pipeline, but we need to have a shot at the title before that materalises, even some form of a statement would come close to easing the fears of the majority of the fans. Ex red Jason McAteer has also voiced his concerns this morning on the subject, so it aint just the fans who are anxious, it's about time they come clean. :(

What do you expect them to come out and say that they haven't already said?

They're going to keep quiet in the interests of their transfer dealings.
LFC2007

Postby Ian Rush's Right foot » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:42 am

elefsee wrote:If the new owners keep slacking on the transfer market, i can see some kind of protest developing at Anfield. The majority of the supporters are getting frustrated at the lack of feedback from the new owners, its about time they spilled the beans on what their intentions really are. The new stadium is in the pipeline, but we need to have a shot at the title before that materalises, even some form of a statement would come close to easing the fears of the majority of the fans. Ex red Jason McAteer has also voiced his concerns this morning on the subject, so it aint just the fans who are anxious, it's about time they come clean. :(

Chillax Man,

Why would the board want to let everyone know thier willing to spend 50mill-100mill?

Clubs would see the pound signs and charge more for players!!

This is just shrewd business, and as i said earlier

CHILLAX it'll all be gravy

:)

....I'm the bee's knee, his legs and his arms.....
Ian Rush's Right foot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:47 am

Wasnt a statement made only last week, stating that there was no problem with Rafa etc  ???

I am looking forward to this protest, especially if McAteer is going to be there, now he has been released by Tranmere he must have loads of time on his hands.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby elefsee » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:47 am

If we sign someone big before the season kicks off, i'll eat my new away shirt when i get it, thats how confident i am that nothing is going to happen. I really wish i had the confidence in the board, but im afraid i don't sorry!!! ???
elefsee

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill