Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redshade » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:12 pm

I feel Klopp should first buy a quality GK and a solid defender before we go for an attacking player. We should look at solidifying ourselves at the back first.

Looks like Alexis Sanchez to Mannure is almost done. Really didn't want him to go there. I think with him they are very strong candidates to finish 2nd.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 am

redshade » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm wrote:I feel Klopp should first buy a quality GK and a solid defender before we go for an attacking player. We should look at solidifying ourselves at the back first.

Looks like Alexis Sanchez to Mannure is almost done. Really didn't want him to go there. I think with him they are very strong candidates to finish 2nd.

Looks like a panic buy to me that though mate, it's a hell of a lot of money for a 29 year old. Even moneybags City are reticent to fork that type of money out on a player his age and money is no object to them.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:07 am

Reg » Thu Nov 30, 2017 9:20 pm wrote:Liverpool's problems aren't difficult to fix.

We need a proper keeper, pay Kasper Schmeichel for 40 million and solve the problem of having a leaderless back 4 in a stroke and we need a proper centre back: bring in Van Dick for 70 million.

Remember how Clemence bossed the back 4?   Schmeichel would perform the same role as well as being intimidating to attackers and is  a bl**dy good keeper.

Van Dyke is a major upgrade on Lovren obviously but a world class centre back + goalie would transform the back 4, together with Joe Gomez, in fact we could probably carry a feckin' useless left back until the end of the year.

Miglolet and Karius are a combined waste of space skill wise, presence wise and leadership wise so get rid. NOW.
Get me Scheichel and Van Dick and we'll win the league next season.

It's not breaking news to highlight we need a goalie and centreback to complete the rebuild.....  :rasp

With VVD in the bag and Robertson responding so well at left back we're just one player short of a full teapot.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby eds » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:44 am

All but confirmed that Sanchez is now going to Manure.

They are reportedly paying him a staggering 350,000 pounds a week, which is absolutely ridiculous and would never be sanctioned by FSG over here.

Still think he would have played better in our front four than playing with a brick wall like Lukaku under boring Maureen.

Oh well.

Lets just hope we bring in someone over Jan as I don't think we are covered for CL and League for the next few months.
"LIVERPOOL: 6 European Cups, 19 Domestic Titles, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 9 League Cups and 4 European Super Cups and 1 Club World Championship

All other English clubs pale into insignificance!"
eds

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 am

eds » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:44 am wrote:All but confirmed that Sanchez is now going to Manure.

They are reportedly paying him a staggering 350,000 pounds a week, which is absolutely ridiculous and would never be sanctioned by FSG over here.

Still think he would have played better in our front four than playing with a brick wall like Lukaku under boring Maureen.

Oh well.

Lets just hope we bring in someone over Jan as I don't think we are covered for CL and League for the next few months.

Even Man City wouldn't pay his wages and signing on fees. Obviously wanting one big final pay day.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:48 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:33 am wrote:
redshade » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:12 pm wrote:I feel Klopp should first buy a quality GK and a solid defender before we go for an attacking player. We should look at solidifying ourselves at the back first.

Looks like a panic buy to me that though mate, it's a hell of a lot of money for a 29 year old. Even moneybags City are reticent to fork that type of money out on a player his age and money is no object to them.

Yup paying that much wages is crazy but for short term he will be a massive hit over there. He will bang in the goals and imo keep them 2nd. Sanchez is a top quality player and will thrive at mannure.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:13 am

Man Utd are becoming a team of oddballs, Sanchez, Zlatan, Lukaku, Pogba.... they're not a logical selection of players. Our squad is far, far stronger, Mourinho's buying wallpaper to cover up the cracks.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:52 am

Reg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 am wrote:Man Utd are becoming a team of oddballs, Sanchez, Zlatan, Lukaku, Pogba.... they're not a logical selection of players. Our squad is far, far stronger, Mourinho's buying wallpaper to cover up the cracks.

You've got to ask what policy they've got in place beyond 'get the big names in'. I know Jose and Pep have spent a lot but one has a clear plan and the other is very scattergun.

Read the whole package (including wages) will be around £97m. That's about 300k a week  :oh:
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 10:46 am

eds » Mon Jan 15, 2018 12:44 am wrote:All but confirmed that Sanchez is now going to Manure.

Oh well.

I prefer that Klopp goes for Christian Pulisic who will cost less in the long term and has better potential than Sanchez.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:09 pm

Mikhtaryan is apparently heading to Arsenal as part of that Sanchez deal and they are also looking to sign Aubamayeng.  Being honest I think Arsenal need to make big moves like this now before they tank altogether.
I would love to see Aubamayeng sign for us as the lads scoring rate is off the charts for the last 3 seasons and he has certainly got a few years left in him. He would give an extra dimension to our attack and he is already in tune with how Klopp plays.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:30 pm

red till i die!! » Mon Jan 15, 2018 2:09 pm wrote:Mikhtaryan is apparently heading to Arsenal as part of that Sanchez deal and they are also looking to sign Aubamayeng.  Being honest I think Arsenal need to make big moves like this now before they tank altogether.
I would love to see Aubamayeng sign for us as the lads scoring rate is off the charts for the last 3 seasons and he has certainly got a few years left in him. He would give an extra dimension to our attack and he is already in tune with how Klopp plays.

Aubamayeng isn't better than Sanchez though. I think he will do well with Arsenal and if they get Mikhtaryan they would have a really really good side to try to push for 4th place. They still look vulnerable at the back.

I would say, if we do sign Pulisic in the summer,  we get Goretzka snubbing Munich for us and Lemar joining then we will have a strong side to challenge City or other teams for the title.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:19 pm

Auba has mad disciplinary issues. If they're planning on keeping Wenger I can't imagine that being a healthy cocktail
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Eagle » Mon Jan 15, 2018 5:09 pm

Bottom line is we're leaving ourselves short of genuine options in the squad for the rest of season if we don't buy. The squad is probably 2 players short.
Eagle

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:18 am

Klopptomaniac » Mon Jan 15, 2018 7:52 am wrote:
Reg » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:13 am wrote:Man Utd are becoming a team of oddballs, Sanchez, Zlatan, Lukaku, Pogba.... they're not a logical selection of players. Our squad is far, far stronger, Mourinho's buying wallpaper to cover up the cracks.

You've got to ask what policy they've got in place beyond 'get the big names in'. I know Jose and Pep have spent a lot but one has a clear plan and the other is very scattergun.

Read the whole package (including wages) will be around £97m. That's about 300k a week  :oh:

I wouldn't be so dismissive about Man Utd guys. If there is anyone that can make a team of ego's gel it is Mourinho.

Just beat Stoke 3-0.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Tue Jan 16, 2018 12:32 am

Anybody think there's any truth in the claims that we're going to try to beat both the Mancs to get Sanchez?
Just read some tabloid tripe claiming we're set to pay £35M to get him in this window.
FSG pay £35M and £300K per week for a 29 year old?
Sounds like bull$hit to me.
Opinions.....?
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill