Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby red till i die!! » Sat Jan 13, 2018 3:56 am

Drinking and posting don't mix  :no
Last edited by red till i die!! on Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:07 am

That has to be the record for most smilies in one post
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Sat Jan 13, 2018 8:15 am

:D i enjoyed reading that it felt very dramatic.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jan 13, 2018 11:26 am

Apparently Keita is going to be a liverpool player on sunday according to this guy's tweet...

https://twitter.com/Chris78Williams/sta ... 3651690497
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jan 13, 2018 1:12 pm

red till i die!! » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:56 am wrote:Woo Hoo  :buttrock  :buttrock  :buttrock Balance sheets  :buttrock  We will tw@t the lot of them with our balance sheets  :nod
Go fooking balance sheets  :nod
Had a good few pints but that just makes things clearer  :nod Fook silverware  :nod and lets just ***** them with our profits  :buttrock We might finish 4th but the real fools are trying to win the league. Those idiots are pure numptys who haven't a clue where its at  :nod 
If you aren't finishing 4th you aren't doing anything  :nod 4th is the new 1st  :nod yay!!
Thinking about Klopps comments regarding Coutinho and its fooking clear as to why he was fsg's man  :nod Rip the heart out of your team mid season because he is well used to it and doesn't give a fook :buttrock of course we couldn't do anything to keep him and aren't playing a dirty pr game. He held all the power and we wont make him a scapegoat  :no He was not just a means to an end.
But if things don't go our way we will panic buy late on because its what we do  :nod
Shame on the lot of you who think we should be winning stuff  :nod We have no right to win anything because of our history  :no After all we started supporting this club because we were the underdogs  :buttrock History is just unwanted pressure on our poor players trying to make an honest living  :nod  Don't fooking mention the fact that if we didn't have that history we wouldn't have these owners  :no That wrinkly auld fook with the trophy wife admitted as much in his poxy emails before he bought the club  :nod  He is totally here for the love of the game and the fat a$$ profits are just a downside Of course i'm not making sense because a hedge fund isn't about making money  :no  They haven't made a single penny from us and their shareholders just threw their investments into a hole because they felt the need to be charitable :nod Lets massage the accounts in spin with the biggest bollux their is in player amortisation which covers their tracks  :nod
I chose my user name because its the truth that I will be a supporter of this club till I die which hopefully isn't for a long time yet. I will still be here when those ballbags ride off into the sunset with their fortunes  :nod Until then we have to suffer the pain. Remember all those big clubs who used to be about in the 80's  :nod  Well we could be one of them should any club attract proper owners who aren't in it for the never ending payday that comes with flogging off your history. Their biggest wet dream is to emulate Arsenal  :down: That's the model they aspire this cub to be.
I'm off to bed now with about 4 paracetamol washed down with my bottle of Tibet water. When I get up I will nurse my hangover with a poxy dunkin donut whilst washing it down with the worst coffee you ever drank before I go and buy the latest training kit  :nod
My hangover just kicked in so rant over  :nod

:laugh:
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jan 13, 2018 9:21 pm

Edwards was at Leipzig v Schalke. Goretska and Keita it is :D
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Reg » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:53 am

Red til i die:   Play this all the way thru 4 times and you'll feel better:

Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:02 am

15-20 mill to get him in 4 months ? That imo is worse than the Carroll deal. No need to get desperate, if it was Messi we were bringing early it would be more understandable. If he was leaving on a Bosman and we wanted to avoid the competition it would be more understandable. If we had hopes of going and winning the title and he was the last piece to an otherwise perfect starting 11 it would be understandable.

Put that 20mill on top of whatever it is we were willing to spend on a GK or CM in the summer. Or better yet, add it to whatever package we are willing to offer Goretzka.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:20 am

I also think there is no point paying so much to get him 4 months early. It is just to placate the fans and smells of desperation. They should have held on to Coutinho and it was a bad deal to sell him in Jan so no need to follow up with a reactionary bad deal that pays what amounts to another player only as a premium. Spend the difference Getting a top notch keeper.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:45 am

kazza » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:20 am wrote:I also think there is no point paying so much to get him 4 months early. It is just to placate the fans and smells of desperation. They should have held on to Coutinho and it was a bad deal to sell him in Jan so no need to follow up with a reactionary bad deal that pays what amounts to another player only as a premium. Spend the difference Getting a top notch keeper.

If we are ready to throw this season, sure. If we are ready to accept that without anyone coming in we are about 80% sure that we will finish outside top 4, sure. Bringing in Keita early is not a desperate move like buying Carroll. Bringing in Keita  early is about saving the season. Because he will surely improve  our midfield. What you guys are saying makes alot of sense, that is if we HADN'T sold Coutinho in the middle of the season.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Welsh wizzard 13 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:06 am

I think if we can't get in target or targets that have been identified this month, we more than likely would then offer 15m to wards end of window to bring keita early. Just have a feeling somet will be done yet and targets agreed may be for next season ie Lamar etc
Welsh wizzard 13
LFC Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:42 am

I think realistically we want Lemar right now to replace Coutinho but Monaco won't sell in January. I think Klopp doesn't want to spend £50m on a player like Mahrez knowing he's going to need at least £90m for Lemar in the summer, but he also realises we are short in the middle for quality with Couts leaving. I think he's being smart bringing in Keita early especially when he was willing to pay £80m for him last summer anyways.

Also been linked with Alejandro Gomez from Atalanta whose a tricky little attacking mid.. He absolutely ripped Everton to shreds in the Europa league.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby damjan193 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:45 pm

I don't know, £20m plus for a player that's already ours is a bit too much, sounds like bad business to me. It's not like it's my money they'll be spending but as a club that's reluctant to spend, we must spend every single penny wisely. I'd much rather have us spend or add those £20m for another player entirely.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:42 pm

£20m does sound a lot but the problem the club have got is that if we don't beat Spurs to that 4th place we can forget about signing Lemar or any other big name in the summer, players of Lemar's calibre just aren't interested in playing on a Thursday night on channel 5 against teams with no vowels in their name.
If we lose today we are out of the top 4, that's how tight things are at the top, even with Coutinho all we were ever doing was keeping pace with everyone else.
Yes the squad we have now is capable of putting in a great performance without Coutinho (I wouldn't be surprised if we won today) but is it strong enough to grind out wins week in and week out?
Missing out on the CL would set us back at least 12-18 months, probably more tbh because the likes of Salah would more than likely get itchy feet.
If it secures us a top 4 place that £20m could turn out to be a bargain.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:59 pm

="ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:42 pm"
If it secures us a top 4 place that £20m could turn out to be a bargain.

:nod

Spot on Yakka.

£20 million to help us stay at footballs top table next season is peanuts.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill