Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:53 pm

Bigger names are very hard to attract at the moment. Was speaking to a Spanish friend and he was saying how we are still generally  considered a huge club over there but the younger generation can't really relate to out past success and maybe don't consider us as big
Doeboy

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:39 pm

Klopp spoke to Chilwell and Zielinski in January. Both indicated they wanted to come and Klopp asked the club to try and bring them in then rather then wait until the summer but we couldn't make it happen. Would be very surprised if we don't bring in both this summer.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Pig Catcher » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:43 pm

Only issue with the club is that when we know a player wants to come to us we play hardball over fees and wages. For the sake of 3 million we are holding up the Zielinski deal. Players have their braking point. Ali wanted to come to us and we tried to take advantage of that and offered him an academy type wage so he went to Spurs. If we really want a player we shouldn't quibble of what are small sums of money in the grand scheme of things.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:05 pm

We are still a top club and should have no problem attracting top players if we pay the money for them  :nod  Manure and the Chavs will do it so if we want to make up that ground we need to do the same.  Enough with the kids for the future because as soon as one of them improves they are off. We are viewed as a stepping stone because we facilitate it  :nod .

All we need to sign this summer is about 4 or 5 players that will cement a place in that starting 11, What we replace will add strength to the bench and we will only be better for it. Players will want to come here and play for klopp so its down to the club to make sure they do.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:08 pm

Pig Catcher » Sun Jun 12, 2016 12:43 pm wrote:Only issue with the club is that when we know a player wants to come to us we play hardball over fees and wages. For the sake of 3 million we are holding up the Zielinski deal. Players have their braking point. Ali wanted to come to us and we tried to take advantage of that and offered him an academy type wage so he went to Spurs. If we really want a player we shouldn't quibble of what are small sums of money in the grand scheme of things.

This /\
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:22 pm

So are we going to chuck more money at Southampton for Mane?

Honestly its absolutely ridiculous, wheres the scouting, why do we syphen millions every summer into that club.

I like Mane for what its worth but we have to be better and smarter than this, our recruitment is predictable and ponderous, not to mention low ball.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:37 am

The Kante rumours this morning really excite me.. Hes not the greatest technical player but he plays with his heart on his sleeve, shows loads of passion, and does all the dirty work without any recognition. Him and Can could form a great partnership and really protect the back 4.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am

We've had some underwhelming transfer windows over the past few years but the way this one is shaping up this could be the most underwhelming of them all.
When Jurgen first arrived I think we all assumed he would be given a good few bob to mould the squad in his image and more than a few eyebrows were raised when we didn't do any major business in January. Don't forget almost from the moment he stepped through the door here we were linked with the likes of Xhaka, Aubemeyang, Gundogan, Reuss, Hummels, Subotic and Gotze so there was a lot of optimism flying about.
Fans didn't panic in January though because stories about Jurgen having 'the biggest transfer kitty in LFC history' were regularly appearing in the press so everyone just battened down the hatches and waited for the summer to arrive.
Summers here and guess what, Liverpool fans have had to sit on the sidelines and watch our rivals sign the likes of Xhaka, Gundogan, Aubemeyang, Zlatan etc while we predictably get publicaly rebuffed by Gotze and then head over to Southampton to throw more good money down the drain on a player who turns up when he feels like.
On top of that 'marquee' signing it looks like we are going to get our usual assortment of players in their early 20's who the club hope to flog in a few years time for big money.
When we signed the likes of Cole, Konchesky and Poulson I knew we were in the s[hit] so I wasn't expecting much but I went into this summer with a lot of optimism, I guess I should have known better, this is LFC we are talking about.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 13, 2016 12:03 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:37 am wrote:The Kante rumours this morning really excite me.. Hes not the greatest technical player but he plays with his heart on his sleeve, shows loads of passion, and does all the dirty work without any recognition. Him and Can could form a great partnership and really protect the back 4.

The story originates from the Daily Star who RAWK don't consider a credible source, and even the Star concedes that Man United are leading the chase and are clear favourites to sign him.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:51 pm

Kante has moneybags and CL teams after him. Think he would be fantastic under JK's system but unfortunately don't see us getting him looking at the teams we are up against
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:53 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 13, 2016 10:53 am wrote:We've had some underwhelming transfer windows over the past few years but the way this one is shaping up this could be the most underwhelming of them all.
When Jurgen first arrived I think we all assumed he would be given a good few bob to mould the squad in his image and more than a few eyebrows were raised when we didn't do any major business in January. Don't forget almost from the moment he stepped through the door here we were linked with the likes of Xhaka, Aubemeyang, Gundogan, Reuss, Hummels, Subotic and Gotze so there was a lot of optimism flying about.
Fans didn't panic in January though because stories about Jurgen having 'the biggest transfer kitty in LFC history' were regularly appearing in the press so everyone just battened down the hatches and waited for the summer to arrive.
Summers here and guess what, Liverpool fans have had to sit on the sidelines and watch our rivals sign the likes of Xhaka, Gundogan, Aubemeyang, Zlatan etc while we predictably get publicaly rebuffed by Gotze and then head over to Southampton to throw more good money down the drain on a player who turns up when he feels like.
On top of that 'marquee' signing it looks like we are going to get our usual assortment of players in their early 20's who the club hope to flog in a few years time for big money.
When we signed the likes of Cole, Konchesky and Poulson I knew we were in the s[hit] so I wasn't expecting much but I went into this summer with a lot of optimism, I guess I should have known better, this is LFC we are talking about.

Understand the frustration mate but if your a one of these marquee players and LFC come upto you and show interest in signing you, we are not the most attractive option out there as things stand today. Players won't commit early in the tranfer window because they will be hoping for better offers as the window goes on. Only if nothing materlises elsewhere, then they may consider us as a fallback option.

Someone like Gotze can generate more interest if he has a good Euros and suddenly he is in a better bargaining position. However if nothing materelises for him elsewhere in terms of a cash rich/CL club, I can actually see him coming to us.

Players have all the power and it isn't easy to sign these big players. They are happy to play the waiting game to see how things pan out before committing
Doeboy

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 8:56 pm

We aren't in Europe, we don't offer wages on the same scale as the European big boys and we haven't won the league in 26 years. We don't have a single player I'd consider a star name who other top players would want to come just to play with (like a Suarez, a Torres, a Gerrard, an Alonso). Plus every premier league side has money to burn after the new TV deal... even Leicester are offering their top players over 100k per week now. I don't like it either but I can see why this is a tricky window.

I can put up with no star names but we need a f##king left back and I don't mean a kid who's been on Leicester's bench. At least we got a keeper.

Klopp made those Dortmund players into stars. If anyone can make this sort of transfer policy work its him. Let's give him a chance.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:33 pm

Agree mate. Listen, we can still attract marquee names, just that we are further down the queue than we were a good few years ago and those kind of players will look at other clubs before they consider us. We still pay good wages but there is a tier above us who have the capability to pay considerably more than us and in this day and age, that is going to play a massive part in a players decisons whether we like it or not. CL is secondary IMO. Even when we qualified for the CL we wernt really able to bring in a real marquee kinda signing
Doeboy

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 9:48 am

Reports today that Leroy Sane we were linked with is close to signing for Man City
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 14, 2016 7:00 pm

Doeboy » Tue Jun 14, 2016 8:48 am wrote:Reports today that Leroy Sane we were linked with is close to signing for Man City

We are obviously going down the Southampton player + potential route again which is a bit disappointing given all the talk about Jurgen getting a huge transfer kitty this summer to work with.
As good as Jurgen is he is going to have to be a miracle worker to be able to compete against the likes of Guardiola, Mourinho and Wenger with one hand tied behind his back like this.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill