Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Pig Catcher » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:14 pm

We signed Grujic on the back of a recommendation of Klopp's assistant Zeljko Buvac (if I remember correctly they are both Bosnian Serbs). Klopp would have known more about Matip and Karius than anyone on the TC as he used to manage Dortmund. Ben Chilwell was recommended to Klopp by David Wagner, the current manager of Huddersfield Town (where Chillwell was on loan earlier in the season). Wagner managed the Dortmund reserve side when Klopp was there. Caulker was nothing more than short term emergency cover, an insignificant loan signing.

While the TC may be working with/for Klopp, he is certainly the driver behind who is coming into the club.
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 3:18 pm

woof woof ! » Mon Jun 06, 2016 1:49 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:41 pm wrote:
That's our only hope mate that Klopp can work his magic but the TC obviously still has an imput (in fact Klopp hinted that Grujic was a TC signing and there's no way Jurgen knew who Caulker was) so I'm not confident I have to say.

Where did you see that hint from Klopp about Grujic being a TC signing Yakka ? Must admit it surprises me, given Klopps personality I wouldn't have thought he'd have allowed anyone to be brought into the club that he hadn't signed off on.

He mentioned it in a press conference back in January when we signed him, he said he didn't know much about the lad apart from what he'd seen on the analysis video's the club had showed him but he said he was looking forward to working with him etc. I must admit it surprised me at the time and we all had a big discussion on here about it. He distanced himself a bit from Caulkers loan deal as well I seem to remember.
To be fair Jurgen only arrived in November, the season was already up and running so he already had a lot on his plate, it kinda makes sense that he let the TC take the reigns in the January window.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 06, 2016 7:33 pm

We have been heavily linked with Hector Hererra. He is 26 and is the current captain of Porto. He's a box to box midfielder and is very good with both feet.

In 2014, he was included in The Guardian's list of The 100 best footballers in the world.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jun 06, 2016 8:45 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Mon Jun 06, 2016 6:33 pm wrote:We have been heavily linked with Hector Hererra. He is 26 and is the current captain of Porto. He's a box to box midfielder and is very good with both feet.

In 2014, he was included in The Guardian's list of The 100 best footballers in the world.

Yeah according to Udinese's president the Zielinski deal fell through a while back and other clubs have since moved ahead of us in the pecking order, maybe we've moved on to this fella?
He must have been 5th on our list after Xhaka, Gundogan, Dahoud and Zielinski
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:33 am

Looks like Andre Wisdom is off to Celtic for £3m.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:41 am

Just a very very quick post from me as where I am the next couple of weeks the wifi is less than awful

JK was photographed sat next to Higuain's Agent / Brother during last night's Argentina match

Ok you might think say this is nothing, but more interestingly JK decided to leave the match when Higuain was subbed off

We can only prey, but of course there is no smoke without fire

p.s. hearing rumblings about a club buyout (yet again), probably untrue, but you never know
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:43 am

Echo saying there is nothing in the Higuain link. JK is over there and probably just catching a game and that we are looking elsewhere
Doeboy

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:51 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:33 am wrote:Looks like Andre Wisdom is off to Celtic for £3m.

Hope so, he's nowhere near good enough for us. In fact, he wasn't even good enough to start for Norwich (where he was on loan) and they got relegated!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Tue Jun 07, 2016 12:47 pm

If Shanks was seen in the same situation he would've said he was there to scout the whole Argentine team. Think BIG!.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 8:44 pm

Sky reporting one of Klopp old boys Aubameyang is in talks with Man City. Looks like Pep is going to throw some serious money around this summer. Hope we can get some decent players in because got a feeling next season the bar is going to be seriously raised
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:46 pm

Doeboy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 7:44 pm wrote:Sky reporting one of Klopp old boys Aubameyang is in talks with Man City. Looks like Pep is going to throw some serious money around this summer. Hope we can get some decent players in because got a feeling next season the bar is going to be seriously raised

Not just talks mate they are saying he is in advanced talks, i.e on the verge of signing.
With Guardiola in the dugout and the likes of Gundogan, Aubemeyang, Aguero and DeBruyne out on the pitch they are going to take some stopping next season.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Doeboy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:03 pm

Agree. Don't think Man City are going to mess about this summer. Brought in Pep and think they will go all out on the transfer front. Gundogan and Aubameyang are top draw. I really do think it's a case of the likes of Man City, Chelsea and even Utd and Arsenal dining at the table first and competing for the best players and the rest picking up what's left over
Doeboy

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Jun 07, 2016 11:59 pm

Doeboy » Tue Jun 07, 2016 10:03 pm wrote:Agree. Don't think Man City are going to mess about this summer. Brought in Pep and think they will go all out on the transfer front. Gundogan and Aubameyang are top draw. I really do think it's a case of the likes of Man City, Chelsea and even Utd and Arsenal dining at the table first and competing for the best players and the rest picking up what's left over

Yeah mate, disappointing to see 3 of the players that we were linked with when Jurgen initially took over (Xhaka, Gundogan and Aubemeyang) go to our rivals but what can you do
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby redshade » Wed Jun 08, 2016 1:42 am

Its all about money mate. The big bucks talk..
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby Penguins » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:23 am

While we will have to pray that some prospect from clubs like Nurnberg and Mainz will be worldbeaters...
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill