Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Doeboy » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:14 pm

7_Kewell » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:56 am wrote:We robbed City in the Sterling deal. In fact, if we offered their money back now, they'd snap out hand off  :laugh:

..and we were duly robbed by Villa for Benteke :(
Doeboy

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:28 pm

johnbarnes » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:14 am wrote:
maguskwt » Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:16 am wrote:gundogan would have improved us tremendously. I'm sorry to say but Liverpool right now cannot compete with alot of clubs in the transfer market. we have to go for either 2nd tier players or hope that the yoing promising players become stars. That's one of our biggest failures right now. I miss the  days where Rafa jumped at opportunities to buy the likes of Alonso, Masherano, Torres etc. They werent really the cream of the crop in the transfer market back then but their talent was clear to see. We were the early birds back then but now we can't even pull off the early bird routine...

The guys injured (knee by all accounts) so he may never reach his skill set again...
JK will have a team that competes even if it's not full of house hold names.

You wouldn't think that Man City would have assessed his fitness and felt that it was manageable?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:01 pm

Not Liverpool news, but gives us an understanding of the market place we are buying in..... Arsenal have reportedly triggered the release clause in Jamie Vardy's contract

Oh how perfect he would be for our team, but zero chance of getting him
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:39 pm

C-R » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:01 pm wrote:Not Liverpool news, but gives us an understanding of the market place we are buying in..... Arsenal have reportedly triggered the release clause in Jamie Vardy's contract

Vardy will be 30 next season mate and I honestly don't think we need another striker.
Sturridge, Origi and Ings will be enough especially given that we only play with one up front and we'll probably only have 40 odd games to play next season.
We desperately need quality CM's though and it's galling to see our rivals sign the likes of Gundogan and Xhaka, 2 players we were heavily linked with a while back.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby C-R » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:00 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Jun 03, 2016 7:39 pm wrote:
C-R » Fri Jun 03, 2016 6:01 pm wrote:Not Liverpool news, but gives us an understanding of the market place we are buying in..... Arsenal have reportedly triggered the release clause in Jamie Vardy's contract

Vardy will be 30 next season mate and I honestly don't think we need another striker.
Sturridge, Origi and Ings will be enough especially given that we only play with one up front and we'll probably only have 40 odd games to play next season.
We desperately need quality CM's though and it's galling to see our rivals sign the likes of Gundogan and Xhaka, 2 players we were heavily linked with a while back.

Interesting because the Mirror are reporting this...

BREAKING: Liverpool offered Jamie Vardy £140,000 per wk but can't meet his release clause as they're not in the Champions League.
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:31 pm

£20m for Vardy?   :laugh:

Arsenal can have him.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:32 pm

We dont need to go out and sign 3 superstars (not that it wont help). We need a solid LB (Hector would be fantastic if rumors are true), a top4 CMer, and one game changer in the final third (Gotze, Mane, etc. Would mostlikely need to be a gamble since we cant sign the top guys). Assuming the GK we signed is Mignolet's replacement that is.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:00 pm

7_Kewell » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:23 pm wrote:Pretty sure Beckham went on loan to Preston. Dunno about the rest...

So he did, Had to google it though and he played 5 games for them and gave himself recognition when he scored from that corner.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:03 pm

Vardy's release clause includes the CL  :Oo: 
I wouldn't have minded seeing him here tbh but not for crazy money.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby redshade » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:23 pm

aCe' » Fri Jun 03, 2016 10:32 pm wrote:We dont need to go out and sign 3 superstars (not that it wont help). We need a solid LB (Hector would be fantastic if rumors are true), a top4 CMer, and one game changer in the final third (Gotze, Mane, etc. Would mostlikely need to be a gamble since we cant sign the top guys). Assuming the GK we signed is Mignolet's replacement that is.

I agree. We need to fix our problem areas first. Up front were fairly covered with Studge, Origi and Ings.
Vardy had an awesome season but he was anonymous prior to that. Splashing out big bucks for a 29yr who may not reproduce his form is questionable.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:12 am

I don't want Vardy here. He's a good player, but it remains to be seem if he can produce the goods when the pressure builds - as it would with a big money move.

Back to LFC though, I'm optimistic that Klopp has most of his deals already lined up. With a bit of luck we'll see Jonas Hector and Dahoud movement when Klopp returns from his holiday next week.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:14 pm

Although saying that, Twitter is alight with rumours that we're discussing personal terms with Hector after agreeing a £12 million fee with  Cologne
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby parchpea » Sat Jun 04, 2016 2:54 pm

Been told Vardy will sign for Arsenal by Monday hopefully. We also wanted him but off there by looks.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:31 pm

i can't shake this horrible feeling that this summer is going to be a huge let down. A few months ago all the talk was about Jurgen getting the biggest war chest in LFC history and the likes of Reuss, Xhaka, Gundogan, Hummels, Gotze, Subotic etc coming in.
Now summers here it's all gone eerily quiet, we aren't even getting any of those phoney links that keep us all entertained throughout the off season. Maybe the press have given up on us too.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Klopptomaniac » Sat Jun 04, 2016 8:39 pm

Vardy to Arsenal is a strange one. Don't think he'll quite fit there but he would have been perfect for Klopps 'gegenpressing'

Hopefully we have some activity to report next week
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill