Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:56 am

Yakka I'll disagree on one thing and that's Newcastle fans expectations. I lived there for years and in my opinion, although passionate, they are the most impatient and unrealistic bunch of fans in the country.

Pardew was a good manager for them and they hounded him out of there. They were on MacClaren's back early on too.

A mid table club with the odd good cup run is their level but they expect to be challenging at the top of the table and signing superstars.

I hope Rafa does well for them. As unrealistic as those fans are I'd like to see them finally win a trophy, it's been a long time. Unfortunately for them though I can see them getting relegated and Rafa will be off in the summer. That bunch of players don't have the heart for a relegation scrap and Rafa is no motivational expert. He needs time to build a club up and get his own players in.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:33 pm

JC_81 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 9:56 am wrote:Yakka I'll disagree on one thing and that's Newcastle fans expectations. I lived there for years and in my opinion, although passionate, they are the most impatient and unrealistic bunch of fans in the country.

Pardew was a good manager for them and they hounded him out of there. They were on MacClaren's back early on too.

A mid table club with the odd good cup run is their level but they expect to be challenging at the top of the table and signing superstars.

I hope Rafa does well for them. As unrealistic as those fans are I'd like to see them finally win a trophy, it's been a long time. Unfortunately for them though I can see them getting relegated and Rafa will be off in the summer. That bunch of players don't have the heart for a relegation scrap and Rafa is no motivational expert. He needs time to build a club up and get his own players in.

I defer to your superior local knowledge mate, if you've lived up that way you obviously know more than me.
I reckon Rafa just might keep them up though, they have 2 games in hand on a lot of the clubs around them and they also have a handful of decent players like Wijnaldum, Shelvey and Townsend that I think Rafa can build a team around.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 11:39 pm

I like those 3 players too. The team has goals in it. It's the defence I'd worry about. Leadership is a problem too, even moreso than it is for us.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 13, 2016 12:12 am

JC_81 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:39 pm wrote:I like those 3 players too. The team has goals in it. It's the defence I'd worry about. Leadership is a problem too, even moreso than it is for us.

One thing Rafa is really good at is making teams hard to beat so I think he'll sort the defence out, granted he may lack talented defenders but I think he'll offset that somewhat with good organisational skills and getting everyone to put their shoulder to the wheel.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:35 am

One of their remaining games is against Liverpool so lets not get too sentimental, they also play Leicester, Sunderland and the Spuds .... Rafa can't produce miracles.

15 Mar Leicester City
20 Mar Sunderland
2 Apr Norwich City
9 Apr Southampton
16 Apr Swansea City
23 Apr Liverpool
30 Apr Crystal Palace
7 May Aston Villa
15 May Tottenham
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:37 am

2 thing's to think about

A newspaper which we do not mention on this site ever is this morning linking Spurs with a 25 million pounds bid for Henderson, other papers were linking him with PSG last week.... 25 million pounds, should we snap their hands off if true ?

Second thing, quite a few papers during the week have confirmed that West Ham want Benteke (although he is their 2nd choice striker), if we could get anything over 20 million pounds for him would you take it ???

Potentially close to 50 million pounds for 2 players who are not exactly on top form seems a decent amount of money, plus if the Chinese came in with 15 million for Ballotelli in the summer we would be laughing
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:16 am

25 million pounds bid for Henderson, other papers were linking him with PSG last week.... 25 million pounds, should we snap their hands off if true ?

I'm not convinced it is true, BUT if it was deffo snap their hands off before they change their mind.

quite a few papers during the week have confirmed that West Ham want Benteke (although he is their 2nd choice striker), if we could get anything over 20 million pounds for him would you take it

Again a definite YES !, hasn't worked out for him at LFC, don't think it ever will. I would hope we could get at least £25 mill for him, I think he'd be worth that in a team that plays to his strengths.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Reg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 2:13 pm

I'd say Benteke is perfect for West Ham, a far more traditional kind of football team, he'd do well.

Sell Hendo only if we already have a plan to bring in a real replacement.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Mar 13, 2016 4:32 pm

Reg » Sun Mar 13, 2016 1:13 pm wrote:
Sell Hendo only if we already have a plan to bring in a real replacement.

Marko Grujić     :eyebrow    already signed sealed and delivered for the start of next season

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby johnbarnes » Sun Mar 13, 2016 7:17 pm

C-R » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:37 am wrote:2 thing's to think about

A newspaper which we do not mention on this site ever is this morning linking Spurs with a 25 million pounds bid for Henderson, other papers were linking him with PSG last week.... 25 million pounds, should we snap their hands off if true ?

Second thing, quite a few papers during the week have confirmed that West Ham want Benteke (although he is their 2nd choice striker), if we could get anything over 20 million pounds for him would you take it ???

Potentially close to 50 million pounds for 2 players who are not exactly on top form seems a decent amount of money, plus if the Chinese came in with 15 million for Ballotelli in the summer we would be laughing

IMO, Hendo should not be allowed to leave for less the 30M. Is he worth that? Probably not, but it would reflect the current market.
We paid 20M and he is twice the player we bought, not only as a player but also as a leader. Also he is our Cappo which should also bring a premium.
One thing I'd like to see in the summer is LFC playing hard ball in the transfer market, as all clubs now have the money to pay the asking price. All our targeted players will not be allowed to join us for less than what their clubs think they are worth. WE SHOULD DO THE SAME!
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby parchpea » Sun Mar 13, 2016 8:37 pm

I would definately move Henderson on for £25m+

Not really trained on with us and been here a while

Fact hes captain means nothing really, hardly a colossal leader of men
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:34 pm

Lot of rumours today linking us with a double swoop for Xhaka and Gotze for £66million. If that is true that will be the midfield sorted.. I'm guessing we're likely to see Lallana and Allen leave and maybe even Hendo. I think Klopp can see potential in Can so I think he'll be a keeper.
UvS xR4GEx
LFC Guru Member

Postby andy_g » Sun Mar 13, 2016 11:42 pm

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 10:34 pm wrote:I think Klopp can see potential in Can so I think he'll be a keeper.

nope, he's deffo not the solution to that particular problem

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Mar 14, 2016 12:45 am

UvS xR4GEx » Sun Mar 13, 2016 9:34 pm wrote:Lot of rumours today linking us with a double swoop for Xhaka and Gotze for £66million. If that is true that will be the midfield sorted.. I'm guessing we're likely to see Lallana and Allen leave and maybe even Hendo. I think Klopp can see potential in Can so I think he'll be a keeper.

Mingolet

Clyne.                  Sakho (c)               Lovren.                Moreno

XHAKA.                  Can

GOTZE                 Firmino.           Coutinho

Sturridge

Must admit that looks a pretty impressive line up to me
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Mon Mar 14, 2016 1:42 am

Xhaka Can?

Used to boogie to that music down the disco but don't think it's the answer for our midfield...    :ghostface:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill