Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:27 am

£18m? I'd snap their hands off! Just think of all the Shane Long's, Steven Caulkers and Rob Greens we could buy with that type of money. In fact with dough like that burning a hole in our pocket the TC could go the whole hog and bring in someone like Huddlestone from Hull.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Pig Catcher » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:34 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:27 am wrote:£18m? I'd snap their hands off! Just think of all the Shane Long's, Steven Caulkers and Rob Greens we could buy with that type of money. In fact with dough like that burning a hole in our pocket the TC could go the whole hog and bring in someone like Huddlestone from Hull.

Or Jonas Olsson  :eyebrow
Pig Catcher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:54 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 10:27 am wrote:£18m? I'd snap their hands off! Just think of all the Shane Long's, Steven Caulkers and Rob Greens we could buy with that type of money. In fact with dough like that burning a hole in our pocket the TC could go the whole hog and bring in someone like Huddlestone from Hull.

I hope you're being sarcastic mate. I know you're being sarcastic about buying Shane Long's and Steven Caulkers but I hope you're being sarcastic about snapping their hands off too. Daniel Sturridge is the most lethal english striker bar none. He pisses on Wayne "Shrek" Rooney when he's fit. He scored 25 goals in 25 games between 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons or something like that. I would keep him, but not as a main striker, we would need to find a more consistent striker in the transfer market. But keep him and nurse him until he becomes fit again. Until then he can come off the bench and be a super-sub. Anyway, we got time on our side, his contract is until 2019. The only negative aspect are his wages. Isn't he on 150k per week or some crazy Sh*t like that? But he is definitely not Harry Kewell Mk II. Harry Kewell even when fit could not compare against Sturridge. We sell him to West Ham for 18 million and he becomes fit at West Ham, he's gonna come back to bite us and we'll be kicking ourselves. Hasn't Andy Carroll done that a couple of times to us? And Sturridge is not Andy Carroll.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Wed Jan 20, 2016 3:36 pm

Liverpool have rebuffed an enquiry from Swansea City for midfielder Joe Allen (Liverpool Echo) however James Pearce saying they will listen to offers in the summer

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... e-10762834
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Jan 20, 2016 4:41 pm

maguskwt » Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:54 pm wrote:

I hope you're being sarcastic mate. I know you're being sarcastic about buying Shane Long's and Steven Caulkers but I hope you're being sarcastic about snapping their hands off too. Daniel Sturridge is the most lethal english striker bar none. He pisses on Wayne "Shrek" Rooney when he's fit. He scored 25 goals in 25 games between 2012-13 and 2013-14 seasons or something like that. I would keep him, but not as a main striker, we would need to find a more consistent striker in the transfer market. But keep him and nurse him until he becomes fit again. Until then he can come off the bench and be a super-sub. Anyway, we got time on our side, his contract is until 2019. The only negative aspect are his wages. Isn't he on 150k per week or some crazy Sh*t like that? But he is definitely not Harry Kewell Mk II. Harry Kewell even when fit could not compare against Sturridge. We sell him to West Ham for 18 million and he becomes fit at West Ham, he's gonna come back to bite us and we'll be kicking ourselves. Hasn't Andy Carroll done that a couple of times to us? And Sturridge is not Andy Carroll.

Yeah I am being sarcastic mate but I must admit I am a bit torn over Sturridge, it's rare that a player with his injury record suddenly turns into Lazarus but I'd be loathe to sell one of the few players of genuine quality we have left.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:02 am

Correct me if I'm wrong but LFC have two marquee striker, Sturridge and Benteke. Why having spent so much money on these two lemons and paying them a combined massive weekly wage should we have any of the mentioned 'patience' ? Sturridge is a skiver and Beneteke is the butt of jokes that even the boys team that faced Exeter home and away ignored him on the field.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 6:31 am

Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:02 am wrote:Correct me if I'm wrong but LFC have two marquee striker, Sturridge and Benteke. Why having spent so much money on these two lemons and paying them a combined massive weekly wage should we have any of the mentioned 'patience' ? Sturridge is a skiver and Beneteke is the butt of jokes that even the boys team that faced Exeter home and away ignored him on the field.

I guess it's partly because we never seem to buy adequate replacement not to mention an upgrade now do we? When Suarez left, we brought in Balotelli and Ricki Lambert. When Sterling left, we brought in Benteke, Daniel Ings.
If we are buying the likes of Benzema to replace Sturridge, I guess no one will be complaining. Therefore, since good strikers seem so hard to come by, we should keep the one quality striker we have.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:39 am

Correct answer except you don't address that their wages reflect 2x key strikers playing week in, week out, scoring 20+ goals a season, the backbone of the side.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:46 am

Ben Smith (BBC) is saying... Liverpool definitely in for Alex Teixeira, A £24.5m offer has gone in but Shakhtar Donetsk looking for £30m +

EDIT: Liverpool Echo now also reporting this http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... a-10766895

Ian Ayre supposedly in Florida to get the deal done, similar to how he got Firmino

Alex Teixeira has scored 26 goals in 25 games this season of which 22 goals in 15 league games
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:25 am

Putting my neck on the line here but being told we have actually agreed on a £24.5m fee rising to £29m with Shakhtar Donetsk for Alex Teixeira, however, there could be complications with a work permit but we are confident of him getting him one on appeal
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:56 am

C-R » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:25 am wrote:Putting my neck on the line here but being told we have actually agreed on a £24.5m fee rising to £29m with Shakhtar Donetsk for Alex Teixeira, however, there could be complications with a work permit but we are confident of him getting him one on appeal

Is it for an immediate transfer or for summer?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:00 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:56 am wrote:
C-R » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:25 am wrote:Putting my neck on the line here but being told we have actually agreed on a £24.5m fee rising to £29m with Shakhtar Donetsk for Alex Teixeira, however, there could be complications with a work permit but we are confident of him getting him one on appeal

I have not heard, but considering our lack of striking options at the moment i cannot see us spending that kind of money to loan him back, i am pretty sure (subject to a successful visa appeal) he will be joining in this window

James Pearce of the Liverpool Echo has said that Ian Ayre would not have flown to Florida to conclude the deal if he was not confident of completing the deal
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Klopptomaniac » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:23 pm

maguskwt » Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:56 am wrote:

Not sure how true this is but goal record is nothing to scoff at

Hopefully we pull this off
Klopptomaniac
LFC Advanced Member

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:24 pm

That's word for word what a very reputable Twitter ITK posted earlier this morning!
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby the return of HAS » Thu Jan 21, 2016 12:28 pm

This does sound like it's 90% done with all the reputable journalists and Twitter ITKs reporting it and Ian Ayre flying out to the Shakhtar camp to dot the i's and cross the t's. Might take a few weeks and an appeal to get his work permit though.
"We’ve got a lot of Cockneys in the team, but really, it doesn’t matter where they’re from – we’re all playing for Liverpool.” Robbie Fowler
the return of HAS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill