Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby C-R » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:56 pm

Rob Green being linked with us, with Bogdan + cash going the other way
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:57 pm

C-R » Mon Jan 18, 2016 6:56 pm wrote:Rob Green being linked with us, with Bogdan + cash going the other way

:down:
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:26 pm

We must be skint or something, most of the players we are being linked with are barely above championship standard.
I know it's January but as someone pointed out earlier in the thread we have bought a lot of good players in January including the 3 that took us to within an ace of the title a couple of years ago (Suarez, Sturridge and Coutinho).
Don't get me wrong I wasn't expecting a spending spree or anything but given this is Jurgen's first window as Liverpool manager and given the obvious deficiencies in our squad I thought we might see one or two quality players from the Bundesliga come in or something like that.
I certainly wasn't expecting us to be linked with the likes of Caulker, Green and Long put it that way!
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby JC_81 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:28 pm

Well Yakka, if what Rodgers said on 'goals on sunday' is true, if a player isn't on the transfer committee's list then you can't sign them. He also said he didn't get the first or the last word on some signings. This is contrary to what Klopp said when he came - claimed he'd have the first and the last word on signings. But if Klopp had the likes of Caulker, Green and Long on his radar without someone at the club putting those names to him then I'm Father Christmas. Something still smells badly wrong with the recruitment side of things at this club.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Jan 18, 2016 9:59 pm

JC_81 » Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:28 pm wrote:Well Yakka, if what Rodgers said on 'goals on sunday' is true, if a player isn't on the transfer committee's list then you can't sign them. He also said he didn't get the first or the last word on some signings. This is contrary to what Klopp said when he came - claimed he'd have the first and the last word on signings. But if Klopp had the likes of Caulker, Green and Long on his radar without someone at the club putting those names to him then I'm Father Christmas. Something still smells badly wrong with the recruitment side of things at this club.

It doesn't look good mate does it.
As you say there's no chance in hell that the likes of Green, Caulker and Long were on Jurgen's radar before he arrived here so obviously someone else is calling the shots.
A manager really is only as good as the players at his disposal and if this is the best the club can come up with then Jurgen doesn't stand a chance.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Eagle » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:24 am

So a couple of crappy journalist link us to Long and Green and we use it as a stick to beat the club with? None of the reputable journalists are running with those names. It's been widely reported that we settled for Caulker as an extra CB for the rest of the season after Matip and Subotic clubs weren't willing to let them leave in this window. He's nothing more than a stop gap so I don't mind. I remember a similar situation with Paul Jones.

The vast majority of business in this window happens in the last 5 days so if we do bring anyone in it might be then.
Eagle

Postby red till i die!! » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:26 am

Have to admit I'm less than impressed with some of the dross we are being linked with  :down: Who at the club thinks that we are going to fooking win something with the likes of caulker, green and long  :angry: Signing players like that to compliment the shyte we already have is just looking to be relegated.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:34 am

Red, our own lads coming through the academy should be as good as those you mention.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 3:39 am

Eagle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:24 pm wrote:So a couple of crappy journalist link us to Long and Green and we use it as a stick to beat the club with? None of the reputable journalists are running with those names. It's been widely reported that we settled for Caulker as an extra CB for the rest of the season after Matip and Subotic clubs weren't willing to let them leave in this window. He's nothing more than a stop gap so I don't mind. I remember a similar situation with Paul Jones.

The vast majority of business in this window happens in the last 5 days so if we do bring anyone in it might be then.

As you've said I think Klopp saw Caulker as somebody we could use right now until summer. He's played in both games since he's been here so obviously Klopp thinks he brings value.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jan 19, 2016 5:12 am

ethanr » Tue Jan 19, 2016 2:39 am wrote:
Eagle » Mon Jan 18, 2016 3:24 pm wrote:So a couple of crappy journalist link us to Long and Green and we use it as a stick to beat the club with? None of the reputable journalists are running with those names. It's been widely reported that we settled for Caulker as an extra CB for the rest of the season after Matip and Subotic clubs weren't willing to let them leave in this window. He's nothing more than a stop gap so I don't mind. I remember a similar situation with Paul Jones.

As you've said I think Klopp saw Caulker as somebody we could use right now until summer. He's played in both games since he's been here so obviously Klopp thinks he brings value.

Out of desperation though, both games he was brought on as a make shift CF.
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby C-R » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:23 pm

Ajax attacker Anwar El Ghazi is wanted by Liverpool. (Daily Telegraph)

another one i have never ever heard of
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 12:24 pm

I actually think you're all panicking a bit too much. First of all I doubt we'll bring in someone in this window unless it's a loan, and the reason for that would be to ease the impact of the injuries we have, the squad looks half empty like this. The major business will be done in the summer. That raises the question why doesn't Klopp act sooner because we clearly need some new players? I think  the answer for that is that Klopp wants to take his time and rightly so. He believes this season to be his test drive so to speak (this season is a write-off anyway), he wants to see what exactly this group of players can do and wants to see exactly what area needs improving. He doesn't want to rush things and wants to give a chance to the current players, but I'm sure he'll be merciless in the summer and will get rid of everyone he believes is unworthy to wear the shirt and will bring some of his own.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Being a Liverpool supporter is like being the over-optimistic parents of the fat kid on sports day.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redshade » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:27 pm

Ahahahhahahahahaha that cracked me up.
redshade
LFC Guru Member

Postby leeroy74 » Tue Jan 19, 2016 1:37 pm

still in 3 cup competitions and you say this season is a write off? oh how times have changed.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill