Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Nando » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:15 pm

I havent seen much of Malouda but from what I have seen I wouldnt want Rafa to sign him. He is predominantly left footed and would be a good outlet always on the left touchline. But the reported asking prices of £17-20 million make him overpriced to say the least. There are better wingers around than him. I would rather  we go for Silva or Vicente before we go for him. Quaresma would also be a better bet than Malouda. Our signings this summer are going to decide whether we challenge for the title or not and I think Rafa cannot take 'a chance' on a player.
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sc6po » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:32 pm

puroresu wrote:Are u a Lyon fan?  Where do u think u need to improve?  I thought u signing Baros was very strange.  His not good enough for Lyon and I feel they need a top top striker to complement the rest of the side.  I think if Malouda leaves it would allow Ben Arfa to play more.  He really needs to start playing more football!!  His got lots of ability and needs a run of games in the side.

What do u feel about Perrin getting the job?

Yep. I'm a Lyon Fan

Signing Baros was, I think, a good thing...We were kind of fed up with Carew...Too inconsistant, He always slacked it...And comited way too many fouls.
Baros is not good at dribble, and seems not to shoot enough, not to try enough, but in the game, he seems really good playing with others.

Ben Arfa is not ready...Way too raw...Yet so skilfull...He can do it all, has a very good football IQ, but does not want to use it...
He plays alone, and can be very irritating...
He should get more playing time, but he will not be the starter.

Perrin should fit great I think. Sometimes seem haughty, but has very good football IQ. Hope he fits well within the organization.

After, where we should improve...
Depending who you ask the question to, the answer could be way different...
There are many factors :
- Locker Room : this year, with A.Dirra and Houiller, and Fred, we had Locker room issues.
- Shape : against Roma, we were totally out of shape. The prepration was too hard in january. Also, we had a game 3 days before the game, and this was clearly a factor : I've never seen Abidal overrun...except in this game...He was amways overrun
- Consistency : some players are not enough concentrated during the game.
- Players :
     - when Juninho is not there, or tout of shape, we miss the floorleader...
     - Govou, our rightwinger was awful - seems were going o sign Keita, and this one is a hell of a good player...
     - Abidal is a great player...Do not know if you have ever seen a player tear down C.Ronaldo...But once a time, he forget everything...And goal...(Milan last year).
     - Fred has skills, but no football IQ, and can be a danger for the locker room. His fouls againts Roma were awful. Benzema will soon take the spot, and believe me, if you have never heard of him...This kid is the One. His only weaknesses are the lack of speed, and the health issues. Never seen such an IQ in a young forward.
sc6po

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 12:42 pm

sc6po wrote:
puroresu wrote:Are u a Lyon fan?  Where do u think u need to improve?  I thought u signing Baros was very strange.  His not good enough for Lyon and I feel they need a top top striker to complement the rest of the side.  I think if Malouda leaves it would allow Ben Arfa to play more.  He really needs to start playing more football!!  His got lots of ability and needs a run of games in the side.

What do u feel about Perrin getting the job?

Yep. I'm a Lyon Fan

Signing Baros was, I think, a good thing...We were kind of fed up with Carew...Too inconsistant, He always slacked it...And comited way too many fouls.
Baros is not good at dribble, and seems not to shoot enough, not to try enough, but in the game, he seems really good playing with others.

Ben Arfa is not ready...Way too raw...Yet so skilfull...He can do it all, has a very good football IQ, but does not want to use it...
He plays alone, and can be very irritating...
He should get more playing time, but he will not be the starter.

Perrin should fit great I think. Sometimes seem haughty, but has very good football IQ. Hope he fits well within the organization.

After, where we should improve...
Depending who you ask the question to, the answer could be way different...
There are many factors :
- Locker Room : this year, with A.Dirra and Houiller, and Fred, we had Locker room issues.
- Shape : against Roma, we were totally out of shape. The prepration was too hard in january. Also, we had a game 3 days before the game, and this was clearly a factor : I've never seen Abidal overrun...except in this game...He was amways overrun
- Consistency : some players are not enough concentrated during the game.
- Players :
     - when Juninho is not there, or tout of shape, we miss the floorleader...
     - Govou, our rightwinger was awful - seems were going o sign Keita, and this one is a hell of a good player...
     - Abidal is a great player...Do not know if you have ever seen a player tear down C.Ronaldo...But once a time, he forget everything...And goal...(Milan last year).
     - Fred has skills, but no football IQ, and can be a danger for the locker room. His fouls againts Roma were awful. Benzema will soon take the spot, and believe me, if you have never heard of him...This kid is the One. His only weaknesses are the lack of speed, and the health issues. Never seen such an IQ in a young forward.

Benzema is very good, I like him a lot.  Only 19 but a good good player.  Govou does not contribute much.  His lack of goals is shocking.

Up until the Winter break I though Lyon were superb.  There football was awesome to watch and it looked like they would go on to the latter stages of the Champions League.  Something happened after the break as u wasnt playing as well and were suddenly dropping a lot more points.  Abidel is a quality full back.  Is he leaving though to Barca?  Keita is a quality player, was awesome at Lille and should do very well at Lyon.

I dont know why Houllier signed Diarra and then didnt play him.  I was not surprised there were problems in the locker room as Houllier's man management skills are not that great and he always seems to rub players the wrong way.

I think a striker like Hunterlaar would be good for Lyon.
puroresu

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:22 pm

sc6po wrote:Amazing to see what you think of Malouda and french players...
"Very quicky", to answer about some french players :

- Cheyrou has never been described as the next Zidane.
In Lille, he was quite a good young player. But he was a brand new unknown player, performed well one year, and went to Liverpool.

- Cisse : is a good player. Still in French squad, but like Govou, we do not always know why...He can run quick and shoot strong but has no technical skill...Speciality : loose ball... Nearly no football IQ.
Could be very good once he has fully recovered from injuries...But it is a run and shoot kind of player...

- Ribery : very good technic, great speed, and overall outstandong acceleration (kidney)...But no football IQ... Got to see an interview of him...Oops...:D

- Nasry : He is the next Zidane...Outstanding...But you'll never get him before years...

- Malouda : to be honest, I'm not sure he's the best player in France...Really not sure...But he can be very very good...
His world cup was not good (except the finals where he was very good) because he had health issues.
The guy is a freaking beast.
The first part of the season was really outstanding.
He played way too much this season, just after the wolrd cup, and this is why he was not that good around january till march...
But when he is in shape, the guy can tore up any defense...(let'say nearly)...
Very athletic, very good technics, even if he's not as flashy as others, very efficient anyway.
He discovered this year he could shoot (and what a shoot...) and score goals...
His weakess would be lack of precision with centers, and sometines to slack it... and go to often in the midle...But his right foot isnot exactly his best...
He can do it all, attack and defend...
But we will not let him go under 20M€...At least...
He still has contract years, and Lyon is not exactly in great need for money...

was interested in nasir and looked up some of his you tube clips...

I'm afriad his technique doesn't seem to be as silky as zidane or ronaldo (brazilian)...it's more like he's pushing the ball here and there and because he's young and pacy he can pull it off...don't get me wrong he seems like a very skillful player but...he's still got a long way to go...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby sc6po » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:44 pm

puroresu wrote:Benzema is very good, I like him a lot.  Only 19 but a good good player.  Govou does not contribute much.  His lack of goals is shocking.

Up until the Winter break I though Lyon were superb.  There football was awesome to watch and it looked like they would go on to the latter stages of the Champions League.  Something happened after the break as u wasnt playing as well and were suddenly dropping a lot more points.  Abidel is a quality full back.  Is he leaving though to Barca?  Keita is a quality player, was awesome at Lille and should do very well at Lyon.

I dont know why Houllier signed Diarra and then didnt play him.  I was not surprised there were problems in the locker room as Houllier's man management skills are not that great and he always seems to rub players the wrong way.

I think a striker like Hunterlaar would be good for Lyon.

One thing is that we rely too much on Juninho, and during winter, he's not that good...Always a slump in winter...
Another point, is the lack of competition...The title was already won by winter...You slack it then...
OL was the Schumarer of Ligue1...Nobody was enjoying it because there was no more entertainement...The things were already settled...

With Diarra, the issue is that the other Diarra should not have left to Madrid. Lyon's Boss was adameat on that. And Houiller asked him to release him...
And then we picked up the other Diarra.
He was coming back from vacacion post wolrd cup, was out of shape, asked fiercely to play while he was not ready.
First clash...
Then he had injuries, lost the starting job (even if never earned it), asked to play more....
There were plenty of issues with him. And he was definitely after Toulalan. Anyway, Houiller should have played him more.
sc6po

Postby stmichael » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:48 pm

just listening to a french journalist, phillipe o'clare on the radio who has basically said that malouda wants to join liverpool and that there is basically a gentleman's agreement that he'll be allowed to leave, provided the price is right.

unfortunately, lyon are holding out for £15m where as we're only willing to pay £10m. it's all down to the president of lyon accepting a compromise on the price issue.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby sc6po » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:51 pm

Nasri is yet very young...nearly 20
Zidane started in french squad at 22!
Give the boy 2-3 years, ans you'll see...
Last edited by sc6po on Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc6po

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 2:10 pm

Nasri is awesome.  He isnt very quick but has such good technique he doesnt need pace.  At 19 u can already see how far he could go. 

As for Malouda i really dont see the Lyon president dropping his asking price.  He isnt known to do a such a thing isnt one to do what the buyer demands.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:17 pm

I stand corrected.  It looks like Ribery is off to Bayern.  Bayern aint playing.  They are spending some money and looking to bounce straight back from a bad season.  Luca Toni, Ribery, Hamit Altintop.

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/0406200....rn.html

Bundesliga - Franck Ribery looks set to join Bundesliga giants Bayern Munich despite the club's failure to qualify for next season's Champions League.

The French international will leave Marseille for a fee of around £16 million (25 million euros), with the German club beating Real Madrid, Arsenal and Lyon in the race for his signature.

"We are not far from a total agreement. The financial agreement has been reached with Marseille, not much is missing," said Bayern president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge.

Ribery had said that his future at Marseille would depend on the club reaching the Champions League. The south coast side achieved the goal, while Bayern missed out, finishing fourth in a disastrous campaign by their standards.

Nevertheless, a transfer seems certain and the winger told Eurosport that he would wait until after Wednesday's Euro 2008 qualifier against Lithuania before making a decision.

However, he said the absence of Champions League football "is not a problem. Bayern are a big club, so too Real Madrid."

Ribery is one of the hottest properties in European football and certainly the French Ligue 1's leading asset.

He came to global prominence at last summer's World Cup, where he was one of Les Bleus' top performers as they defied pre-tournament predictions to reach the final.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:30 pm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=470094&CPID=24&clid=144&lid=9&title=Bayern+close+in+on+Ribery&channel=&

Bayern Munich president Karl-Heinz Rummenigge says he is confident of signing France international Franck Ribery.

The Germany legend insists the Bavarian giants are close to reaching an agreement for the 24-year-old Marseille star.

Rummenigge claims Bayern have agreed a fee for Ribery, who last week rubbished rumours he was on the verge of joining Real Madrid.

"We are not far from total agreement," Rummenigge told the German press.

"We have come to a financial agreement with Marseille."

Bayern would use a slice of the €25million they earned from Manchester United for the transfer of Owen Hargreaves to fund any deal for Ribery.

However, Marseille supremo Pape Diouf remained tight-lipped over whether or not a deal had been done with the Bundesliga side.

Diouf did admit that a mystery English had expressed an interest in the talented playmaker.

"People talked about Real Madrid interest but that club didn't talk to l'OM," said Diouf.

"An English club contacted us but they have asked for their identity to remain undisclosed."

Last week Ribery's agent dismissed talk that a deal between Marseille and Madrid had been reached.

There has even been talk the winger may opt to stay at the Stade Velodrome following I'OM's qualification for the UEFA Champions League.

Ribery was remaining coy on his future saying he was concentrating on France's Euro 2008 qualifiers.

"People are talking about me moving to Bayern Munich or Real Madrid but for the moment I just play for France," Ribery told Telefoot.

"We will see after France's matches. There is no deadline for my transfer."
puroresu

Postby sc6po » Mon Jun 04, 2007 5:56 pm

puroresu wrote:He isnt known to do a such a thing isnt one to do what the buyer demands.

You kidding me? Essien was Forty-Five! He gave it for Thirty-Eight!!  :p
sc6po

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:11 pm

sc6po wrote:
puroresu wrote:He isnt known to do a such a thing isnt one to do what the buyer demands.

what a rip-off... :D
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Mon Jun 04, 2007 6:28 pm

dont think any agreement will be reached until we know what the situation with D.Silva is after the spanish leaue is over...
D.Silva i obviously the better player of the 2 and with lyon holding on for 15mill...
i thnk D.Silva would be the better buy if he costs 15-20mill and  Lyon stick to their 15mill valuation...

tbh... i think we can even go for Vicente who seems to have become 2nd choice for D.Silva... i think hes a better player than Malouda is and would probbly be alowed to leave for the same amount.... hasnt played much this seson because of injuries but still a class winger and wpuld be a great signing for us...

Juaquin is bound to stay and start for Valencia... thus Vicentes chances are limited if D.Silva stays as well.. for me.. if we miss out on D.Silva we should go for Vicente...if not then malouda would be a good signing aswell !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 04, 2007 9:47 pm

maguskwt wrote:
sc6po wrote:

what a rip-off... :D

Disagree. Essien is quality and more than proved his worth at chelsea.

What I meant by the president not dropping his deamands was he always sells his stars at more than the market value.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 04, 2007 10:36 pm

What Essien was sold for was the market value!!!!
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill