Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby GRIMM599 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Long story short: Malouda for 8 million? Yes, please. Otherwise: let's try it out for Silva instead (I'd rather pay big money for him than Malouda). That's my two cents anyway

As he states(malouda) if he's not signed by end of june, he aint going nowhere. If this was the case, is it not a bit of a gamble to go for Silva first? what if we dont get him? The chance of getting malouda would have been wasted also. I think were onto a good thing with malouda and should snap him up. Could always put in a bid for silva also and see where it goes

Dont wanna end up with an avarage left winger cuz we lose our chance for both......
GRIMM599

Postby Rupi » Thu May 31, 2007 2:03 pm

Of course a better option than Zenden or Gonzalez, but... I don't think he's a top class winger. He has pace, but I think it's the only  skill he has. No good technical abilities IMO (less than Kewell) and I'm curious to see if he can settle in England.

I think he's a second choice winger and I hope he won't cost more than 7-9£, because he doesn't deserve more at all. If he signs, I hope Kewell stays and we'll maybe have some options on the LW.

"In my time at Liverpool we always said we had the best two teams in Merseyside, Liverpool and Liverpool reserves." Bill Shankly
Rupi

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 31, 2007 2:20 pm

puroresu wrote:
stmichael wrote:very good player. ribery is almost certain to go to arsenal so it will be interesting to see who has the bigger impact.

can't believe alan perrin has gone to lyon. he's sh#te but in all fairness i could manage lyon and win the league in france.

Thats harsh.

Perrin did a great job at Sochoux and did well at OM before as well.

He went royally t!ts up at Pompey, I'm stunned Lyon chose him to be honest.
LFC2007

Postby puroresu » Thu May 31, 2007 2:41 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
puroresu wrote:
stmichael wrote:very good player. ribery is almost certain to go to arsenal so it will be interesting to see who has the bigger impact.

can't believe alan perrin has gone to lyon. he's sh#te but in all fairness i could manage lyon and win the league in france.

Thats harsh.

Perrin did a great job at Sochoux and did well at OM before as well.

He went royally t!ts up at Pompey, I'm stunned Lyon chose him to be honest.

I thought they was going to get Deschamp but Perrin should do well there.  The Champions League is the one Lyon must progress in.

How can someone say Malouda has no technical abilities. What he has is good technique.  His first touch is good, his control under pressure is good.  His passing is good, his crossing is good.

He may not do fancy skills to beat a player however he still has the ability to beat players and get crosses into the box. 

Thats more than enough technical ability for me.
puroresu

Postby Kopite187 » Thu May 31, 2007 3:24 pm

y cant we get ribbery, if i had to choose any footballer based on looks itl definitely be him :D :)
Kopite187

Postby kobashi » Thu May 31, 2007 3:30 pm

Ribery is good but Malouda has been way more consistent.  Ribery would still cost £15m - £20m.  Wouldn't people still complain about that price?
kobashi

Postby adamnbarrett » Thu May 31, 2007 4:39 pm

Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed the club have not yet received a bid for rumoured Liverpool target Florent Malouda.

The left winger is reported to be on Reds boss Rafael Benitez’s summer shopping list but the Spaniard has not made a formal approach, according to Aulas.

“We have not yet had any bid for Florent Malouda,” he told the club’s official website,
Image Image Image
adamnbarrett
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Thu May 31, 2007 4:49 pm

dunno wtf is happening at the moment... nuthing is moving at the club at the moment

benitez has his targets and only looking to tie them down to the club but nuthings going on , this should not be happening..he said it clearly...we must get out targets FAST!!!!!!!

still nuthing? ???!!!! ????

bloddy mancs have signed 3 class players...
Elchris

Postby destro » Thu May 31, 2007 7:03 pm

Eurosport said last week that Riberry had signed for Bayern for 16million euro and that they are on the verge of signing Robben ?( think i put it in a post somewhere )

Ive not read anything about it since, lying barstewards
destro

Postby Kukilon » Thu May 31, 2007 7:23 pm

destro wrote:
Kukilon wrote:Hehe Football manager ratings is just b.ollox but Malouda is a great player and will suit us superbly.

Just wondered because from what people who play it say, it rates many of the same good young players that are coming through or starting to be noticed now, is there a version of this game each year ? That would go someway to explaining the spooky inside knowledge  :D

Maybe i am reading to much into this

Sorry for hijacking the Malouda thread  :sniffle

The thing with football manager is that they have "voluntary" staff that scouts all domestic leagues every season so they are quite up to date with all the upcomming players before they get noticed on the bigger stage.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Penguins » Thu May 31, 2007 7:24 pm

I just can't see us signing Malouda.
Not cause he isn't a good player but for other reasons.

Like when did Lyon ever sell anyone for a reasonable price?

Essien and Diarra coast fortune and they were defensive midfielders.
Lyon will surely easily demand 15 million+ for him.

And our record buying from the french league has been worse than poor. Not one player out of more than 10 has been a success.
Paid 40 million for our french flops and recoups 15.
I'm sure extra caution will be taken buying form Ligue 1 in the future. And I'd rather we bought from any french club than Lyon cause they have no need to sell and always put ridicolus price tags on their players.

Ribery, Silva, Vicente, Simao would give more value for the cash.

No way he'll go for 7-8 if he isn't down to his last year of his contract.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:34 pm

Penguins wrote:And our record buying from the french league has been worse than poor. Not one player out of more than 10 has been a success.
Paid 40 million for our french flops and recoups 15.
I'm sure extra caution will be taken buying form Ligue 1 in the future.

I don't think that has anything to do with it, we signed flops from Ligue 1 under Houllier not under Benitez. We need quality regardless of the league.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Thu May 31, 2007 7:35 pm

Sure, but even if that is the case my other points still are strong.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby redtrader74 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:38 pm

Well one of them was Chelsea price, and the other Madrid, both clubs that usually get screwed for inflated prices.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Thu May 31, 2007 7:40 pm

With regard to Lyon, I think you're right.

I can't see them see them settling for anything under £10m.

But as for being cautious as to signing people from Ligue 1, I don't think that is the issue, nor has it anything to do with past signings from that Ligue.

If you think Ribery would be much cheaper, I disagree, I think L'OM would want silly money.

As for the other players, I see Vicente, Silva and Simao as better value for money, but even still - they could cost equally silly money.
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill