Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby sc6po » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:37 pm

Penguins wrote:What are you on?

PSV reached the semis 2 years ago and the quarters this past season.

Lyon has never ever got past the quarterfinal stage in the CL, and that is not close to winning.

You can blame circumstances all you want but fact is fact!

Malouda a forward?
1st time I heard he was a forward.

So they beat Bremen. They still loose when the games matter the most and they get into the knockout rounds!

Lille only do well because of the 0-0 approach they take to every game.  Manure won 1-0, 1-0 which is no surprise since Lille can't score.

My bad...It was an average of 5-0 (0-1)(0-4)
I'm not saying we are hell good...Just not as bas as you think we are...
In most ways, french ligue suck (very few goals, very defensive minded teams...) and sometimes, it is very difficult to win...
If you consider Christiano Ronaldo to be a forward, you have to consider Malouda to be one...(no other comparison...)
sc6po

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:37 pm

£24m for a centre mid from Ligue 1  ???

Makes no sense to me either
LFC2007

Postby sc6po » Tue Jun 12, 2007 8:43 pm

Penguins wrote:Ok, it may have more depth, but the top teams are just as good in Holland and 17 million for a left midfielder from ligue 1 ???

That just makes no sense to me...

17 million is too much...it is over the "market value"
But if not Malouda, who else can you sign?
Simao is quite expensive and request much more pay...
Every offensive minded midfielder is expensive today...
Quaresma would be nice...But what is the price?
sc6po

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 12, 2007 10:55 pm

LFC2007 wrote:£24m for a centre mid from Ligue 1  ???

Makes no sense to me either

Plz, LFC2007.

NONE of Chelski's transfers makes sense. They overpay for everything.

And if LW from ligue 1 will cost £17m then I'm really worried.

I, unlike others don't believe we have that much money and I dare not think what a striker, of at least the same standard as malouda is at LW, would cost.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 11:06 pm

They may overpay, but they've certainly made a few good signings.

Essien is one of their best signings.

It proves my point that the league shouldn't necessarily determine a player's value. You may not rate Essien but he has lived up to his transfer fee in my book, what more could he have done.

He is evidence that players from Lyon and players from Ligue 1 can succeed.

I'm not saying I rate Malouda at £17m, nor am I saying I think we will pay that. But I wouldn't expect Lyon to be a push over in the transfer window - if no-one wants to pay the fee then they will either have to keep him or sell him at a lower price.

If you ask me, I think Malouda would be a very good signing.

Unlike you I don't see a striker costing us silly money, I don't think Rafa is the type of manager to go out and spend £30m on one player. If he picks up Owen for £9m I wouldn't be so dissappointed. If we picked up Tevez on a loan deal similar to Mascherano's then I would see that as good business.
LFC2007

Postby The_Rock » Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:39 am

flamingpoe wrote:nah malouda is a brilliant player rock he was named french player of the year which is not a easy thing 2 do lets face it there are some brilliant players in the french ligue 1 for example off the top of my head franck ribery, pauleta, rivaldo, abidal, barthez......he is a :censored: but still good, benzema and plenty more hes a very very good player to see off that lot to be fairly honest!!!!!

tks for the info.....yeah i know he has won the french player of the season and all.... but 17 million is way too much
... We are better off signing simao who could play on both flanks IMO (and this is coming from someone who doesn't rate simao).

Like i mentioned in another thread....at this stage of our squad development..we need to be signing world class players
who would improve the team.

Thats just my take.....we either sign world class players.....or we wait until they become available.

But if we do sign malouda....and he turns up to be great...then great... :)
Last edited by The_Rock on Wed Jun 13, 2007 2:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Simari » Wed Jun 13, 2007 3:56 am

LFC2007 wrote:Essien is one of their best signings.

It proves my point that the league shouldn't necessarily determine a player's value. You may not rate Essien but he has lived up to his transfer fee in my book, what more could he have done.

Spot on.

He has played out of position almost all season long without a hint of dissent, as has done pretty well. I was quite surprised with his positional sense when playing central defense. He has a knack for making the important challenges, very much like our Carra.

Of the few world-class quality players in the EPL, Gerrard and Essien as perhaps the most versatile with similar strengths.

Drogba is another example of a total team player - although he is occasionally prone to random comments and dives. He still gives his all every match, on both ends of the field.

Essien and Drogba came from the French League. I don't know what Malouda's work-rate is like, but if he is skillful, hard-working  and tireless like Essien/Drogba, I can imagine he would adjust to the premiership very well and justify a large transfer fee.

Whether or not, LFC would pay £17m(?) is a different question.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby sc6po » Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:02 am

When dealing with transfer fee, you have to take into account also the salary...Simao is known to request a lot of money, and this is why he did not move from Benfica last season...

I think personnaly thatMalouda is not worth that much money...Anyway, he would go for 13-14M£.
I also think that Simao is very overrated, Quaresma also.
Tuncay Sanli could be awesome...But maybe not in PL...

Otherwise, Malouda is actually a hard working player. He gives it all...And he's very very athletic...
He's also very versatile since he played last year as a center forward, and few years ago, he spent quite some time in LB...
Not as technically skilled as Simao and Quaresma, but he uses a lot his atheltic to overcome others. And he has a huge strike.
sc6po

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:15 am

LFC2007 wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:kuyt is good...but he works too hard for the team. he needs to be like fowler or rush. sellfish and only have one thing in mind when on the pitch.

That's his style, he is a hard working striker. I'm sure he'll score more next season, but he's not an elegant finisher, he's a hard working link player who fits well within the team. For me he can never work too hard, maybe he needs to work on his movement more, but oneof his main assets is his workrate.

yup i agree but we dont need that anymore. we need someone more clinical and sellfish.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:20 am

LFC2007 wrote:They may overpay, but they've certainly made a few good signings.

once again i totally agree with lfc2007. its not the price. it the quality u get back on the pitch. its much more worth it cause it gets you the results.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby kobashi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:33 pm

according to "le parisien", lyon have received a £10m bid for malouda from liverpool and a £13.4m bid from chelsea.
kobashi

Postby LFC2007 » Thu Jun 14, 2007 9:37 pm

According to france football magazine Henry has agreed a three year deal with Barca. Now they're being sued.
LFC2007

Postby Penguins » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:35 pm

Only reason I see Chelski bidding for him is not cause they'll need him. Only to prevent us from getting him, or at least make us pay over the odds. :veryangry
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby kobashi » Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:50 pm

Penguins wrote:Only reason I see Chelski bidding for him is not cause they'll need him. Only to prevent us from getting him, or at least make us pay over the odds. :veryangry

Not sure i believe that to be honest.  Chelsea are not offering anything silly like they did with SWP.  £13.5m is a good offer which we should be matching.

oh and Lyon signed Keita (brilliant player) and Bodmer today both from Lille. Malouda will be leaving but unless we raise the offer it wont be too us. :(
kobashi

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:14 am

Well, since that day Aulas went out and said 17m is what we want, the story has gone a bit cold.

And he can go **** himself if that's what he wants.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill