Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:08 pm

the new owners need to realise we are 4 or 5 top players away from a title challenge espeacially after the 3 signings them mancz have made.

we are going to need around 70million to get these players in my opinion
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:16 pm

Penguins wrote:As I said before, you just can't do good business with Lyon.
Aulas will always demand extortionate fees for his players and it will not chance.

We better look at any other club than Lyon.

Thats not really true.  Some clubs just expect to sign Lyon's talent on the cheap.  Barcelona last week bid £6.5 mil for Abidel. This is a 1st choice LB for France who is regarded as one of the best Left backs in Europe and Barca offer £6. 5mil.  How much did Gareth Bale go for?  Wayne Bridge?

Lyon do business, they just let it be known that just cos they are a french side it does not mean they 1. need to sell there best players for money. 2.  Be a feeder club for the rest of Europe.

I cant blame Aulas demanding these fees when u look at what players are going for elsewhere.
puroresu

Postby Redman in wales » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:33 pm

puroresu wrote:
Penguins wrote:As I said before, you just can't do good business with Lyon.
Aulas will always demand extortionate fees for his players and it will not chance.

We better look at any other club than Lyon.

Thats not really true.  Some clubs just expect to sign Lyon's talent on the cheap.  Barcelona last week bid £6.5 mil for Abidel. This is a 1st choice LB for France who is regarded as one of the best Left backs in Europe and Barca offer £6. 5mil.  How much did Gareth Bale go for?  Wayne Bridge?

Lyon do business, they just let it be known that just cos they are a french side it does not mean they 1. need to sell there best players for money. 2.  Be a feeder club for the rest of Europe.

I cant blame Aulas demanding these fees when u look at what players are going for elsewhere.

yeah but offers are one thing, deals are another:

---------
SSN:
"Lyon officials have angrily rebuffed an initial bid from Barcelona for full-back Eric Abidal.

The Spanish giants have reportedly offered €9million (£6million) for Abidal, a fee much less than Lyon are determined to receive.

Lyon value the France international defender at €20million (£13.5million) and they are unwilling to relent

"We have closed the door, it is over," said l'OL head of communications Olivier Blanc.

"We have told them that with the present circumstances no negotiation is possible."

-----------

Some clubs may well expect to sign Lyon's talent on the cheap, but penguins point was that it doesn't happen unless you pay their asking price
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 12, 2007 3:34 pm

But it a big difference only to have played in ligue 1 in France and having to stroll home the league every year than playing in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Scoring 15 goals in the PL or 20 in Ligue 1. I know which I would take.
I don't consider ligue 1 players proven top class and therefore shouldn't cost same amount.

Sure, the amount for Abidal might be low, but he is a LB and has never played in a top league and is young.
Lyon may not need to sell since they have money, but they always demand incredible fees once they sell.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:20 pm

Penguins wrote:But it a big difference only to have played in ligue 1 in France and having to stroll home the league every year than playing in one of the top leagues in Europe.

Scoring 15 goals in the PL or 20 in Ligue 1. I know which I would take.
I don't consider ligue 1 players proven top class and therefore shouldn't cost same amount.

Sure, the amount for Abidal might be low, but he is a LB and has never played in a top league and is young.
Lyon may not need to sell since they have money, but they always demand incredible fees once they sell.

Doesnt being a regular in a very good France side not short of talent count for something.  Quality performances in the CL must mean something.

Ashley Young for instance (1 season in the Prem) can not go for £10 mil while Malouda a Lyon and French regular go for £10 mil.  That just doesnt make sense.

Dirk Kuyt went for £10.75 mil and he played in a weaker league in Holland.
puroresu

Postby Penguins » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:31 pm

Well, Kuyt cost 9m if I remember correctly and strikers will always cost the most.

Ashley young goes into a special category cause he is young and english. Those players will always cost at least around 10m. Has little to do with how good they are.
Walcott, Bale, Young are prime examples and Curtis Davies, Micah Richards will be the same if they are sold.

Playing for a team that is strolling home the league every season means the players have very little pressure on them during the season and they are never close in the CL.
Getting beat by a Roma team that lost 3-8 on agg vs manure speaks volumes.

I do not see a huge difference between the dutch and french league.
PSV has gotten further than Lyon in the last 2 years in the CL!

I rank the Spainish and Italian leagues much higher.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:35 pm

Penguins wrote:I don't consider ligue 1 players proven top class and therefore shouldn't cost same amount.

No-one is proven top class in the EPL if they haven't played here before, it's about the quality of the player and the likelihood they will succeed in the EPL.

Essien was proven top quality in France, he moved to Chelsea with something to prove in England. His attributes namely his unbelievable athleticism, versatility, strength and all round ability made him more likely to succeed here.

As for Abidal, I wouldn't exactly call him young - 28 next month.
LFC2007

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:43 pm

Penguins wrote:Playing for a team that is strolling home the league every season means the players have very little pressure on them during the season and they are never close in the CL.

I seem to recall Lyon being on the verge of knocking out AC Milan in the quarters in the 05/06 season, 3 consecutive UCL quarter finals?

Never cose in the UCL?

Not bad in my book.

I consider the French Ligue stronger than the eredivisie at this moment in time, certainly in terms of depth.
LFC2007

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:49 pm

eric abidal is still one of the best players for the lb in the world, 28 is pretty young for a lb that is of his calibur, besides he is damn good because you get two types of lb in the world and that is too young and too old and the other thing that makes abidal exceptional is the fact that he replaced lizarazu in the french team and lizarazu is still playing for bayern munich at the young old age of 34!!!
flamingpoe

Postby Simari » Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:57 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:The question we need to ask ourselves is this:

"Are we prepared to spend over the odds in order to sign the players we want?"

And I think Rafa's answer to that would most often be:

"Not on your nelly."

In the consulting business, we hear this all the time.

My view is this though: you will continue to make money signing on above average people. But if you want to win something now, you have to be willing to pay over the odds.

In the era of money (this era), it is very difficult to obtain results without paying over the odds for someone who will make the difference this year. So, the question remains for us fans: Are we willing to wait for the EPL title?

In no way am I stating that Malouda will get us closer to what we want, as I am not in a position to judge his ability to get us the title.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:01 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
Penguins wrote:Playing for a team that is strolling home the league every season means the players have very little pressure on them during the season and they are never close in the CL.

I seem to recall Lyon being on the verge of knocking out AC Milan in the quarters in the 05/06 season, 3 consecutive UCL quarter finals?

Never cose in the UCL?

Not bad in my book.

I consider the French League stronger than the eredivisie at this moment in time, certainly in terms of depth.

Just ask any Real Madrid fan about Lyon and they will agree that in the CL Lyon have done not to bad at all.  This year I thought they could push onto the final but after Xmas something happened and the side was not performing in Lique 1 or the CL. 

Lique 1 is stronger than the Dutch league.  On the surface it may not look like that due to Lyon's dominace.  However when watching Lyon's games they dont win them on a canter.  Its not just of matter of turning up.

Not many people will say Ribery was over priced at £16 mil yet if one was to judge Ribery and Malouda on performances Malouda would win on consistency.
puroresu

Postby anti-hero » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:09 pm

OMG.

The suspense is killing me.

Seriously.

Malouda's for sale.

We need a better left winger.

They want money.

We have money.

I dont understand how long this issue has to drag on. Rafa has called for a speedy conclusion of anything transfer related. But why hasnt anyone even heard of a BID for either Malouda or Silva, or even any of our other targets?

It doesnt make sense.

What's going on? :(
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 12, 2007 5:19 pm

I would like to get Malouda for cheaper however if it cost £17 mil I wouldnt feel it was a waste of money.  Last year I thought the club should of signed Alves when Seville wanted £12 mil. Sometimes u have to pay the going rate or u settle for 2nd best.
puroresu

Postby The_Rock » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:27 pm

17 million for a player who turns 27 (or 28...not sure) tomorrow ........ Isn't that a sort of a stretch...?

I will be very frank here....i haven't even heard of him until he was linked with us.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby flamingpoe » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:31 pm

nah malouda is a brilliant player rock he was named french player of the year which is not a easy thing 2 do lets face it there are some brilliant players in the french ligue 1 for example off the top of my head franck ribery, pauleta, rivaldo, abidal, barthez......he is a :censored: but still good, benzema and plenty more hes a very very good player to see off that lot to be fairly honest!!!!!
flamingpoe

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill