Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Kukilon » Wed May 30, 2007 8:04 pm

Hehe Football manager ratings is just b.ollox but Malouda is a great player and will suit us superbly.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby destro » Wed May 30, 2007 8:10 pm

Kukilon wrote:Hehe Football manager ratings is just b.ollox but Malouda is a great player and will suit us superbly.

Just wondered because from what people who play it say, it rates many of the same good young players that are coming through or starting to be noticed now, is there a version of this game each year ? That would go someway to explaining the spooky inside knowledge  :D

Maybe i am reading to much into this

Sorry for hijacking the Malouda thread  :sniffle
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:18 pm

He seems like a quality player, I have not seen too much of him, but from what I've seen in the Champions league he looks to have good close control, a cracking left foot and can take on defenders.

I'd expect Lyon to push for more than £8m though.
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Wed May 30, 2007 8:25 pm

He is quick, good dribbler, good passer and good crosser of the ball. He is certainly a goal threat.

IMO he will be a good signing and a very good squad player, but not better than kewell.

He is ofcourse better than zenden and gonzalez  :D

Yes very good player, technically sound.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 8:27 pm

Nasri is the next French superstar.  The next Zidane who France will build a side around.  His not going anywhere though.  Doesnt want to leave and the OM would never sell yet. This season he was great, next season he should be amazing and in the CL. 

Malouda is far better than Kewell.  Kewell was awesome a few years back.  That player is a distant dream away.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 8:29 pm

New Lyon boss Alain Perrin has made keeping Florent Malouda and Eric Abidal at the club his top priority.

Perrin was announced as Lyon's new manager on Wednesday after leaving Sochaux.

The former Portsmouth boss succeeds Gerard Houllier at Stade Gerland and he is relishing the prospect of managing the French champions.

Perrin is already turning his attentions to keeping his best players at Lyon and he plans to hold talks with sought-after duo Malouda and Abidal.

Malouda has been strongly linked with a move to Liverpool in recent days while clubs in England and Spain are thought to be tracking Abidal.

Perrin is not surprised by the interest in the pair, but is determined to keep the French international duo at the club.

Our left side is the envy of all Europe," Perrin told the club's official website.

"I will call them [Abidal and Malouda] to know how much they want to leave.

"From these discussions, we'll see if they want to stay with us."
puroresu

Postby destro » Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 pm

ive heard him mentioned as the next Zidane but the same was said about Cheyrou ??? .Like i said he looks a really good player could be worth a cheeky offer, i think Cisse plus Zenden Kewell and Hyppia should do it  :laugh:
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Wed May 30, 2007 8:30 pm

puroresu wrote:The next Zidane who France will build a side around.

Nasri does seem like a good player, I just wonder if we could hear this if he came.....

Are you Cheyrou, Are you Cheyrou..

Are you Cheyrou in disguise,

Are you Cheyrou in disguise

:D

Who knows!
LFC2007

Postby metalhead » Wed May 30, 2007 8:32 pm

puroresu wrote:Nasri is the next French superstar.  The next Zidane who France will build a side around.  His not going anywhere though.  Doesnt want to leave and the OM would never sell yet. This season he was great, next season he should be amazing and in the CL. 

Malouda is far better than Kewell.  Kewell was awesome a few years back.  That player is a distant dream away.

I disagree puroresu, Kewell is more intelligent player than Malouda will ever be.

but I agree that Malouda is very skillful and very good on the ball.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 8:37 pm

metalhead wrote:
puroresu wrote:Nasri is the next French superstar.  The next Zidane who France will build a side around.  His not going anywhere though.  Doesnt want to leave and the OM would never sell yet. This season he was great, next season he should be amazing and in the CL. 

I disagree puroresu, Kewell is more intelligent player than Malouda will ever be.

but I agree that Malouda is very skillful and very good on the ball.

Kewell doesnt play much these days.  I have given up on seeing him do what he did at Leeds.  Its been too long.
puroresu

Postby puroresu » Wed May 30, 2007 8:40 pm

destro wrote:ive heard him mentioned as the next Zidane but the same was said about Cheyrou ??? .Like i said he looks a really good player could be worth a cheeky offer, i think Cisse plus Zenden Kewell and Hyppia should do it  :laugh:

Real were supposed to be interested but Nasri said he cant leave yet as his still so young.

Its unfair when people say next Zidane.  One thing though is if u compared him and Ribery this season, Nasri was the far more consistent player.
puroresu

Postby stmichael » Wed May 30, 2007 11:22 pm

very good player. ribery is almost certain to go to arsenal so it will be interesting to see who has the bigger impact.

can't believe alan perrin has gone to lyon. he's sh#te but in all fairness i could manage lyon and win the league in france.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby GOAT » Wed May 30, 2007 11:40 pm

destro wrote:
Kukilon wrote:Hehe Football manager ratings is just b.ollox but Malouda is a great player and will suit us superbly.

Just wondered because from what people who play it say, it rates many of the same good young players that are coming through or starting to be noticed now, is there a version of this game each year ? That would go someway to explaining the spooky inside knowledge  :D

Maybe i am reading to much into this

Sorry for hijacking the Malouda thread  :sniffle

Yeah theres an update every year, an the stats are made from tons of researchers er.. research :D  so it keeps up with players well, of course its still :censored: though. Hope thats not what rafa uses!  :D
Image  Image

YNWA
GOAT

Postby puroresu » Thu May 31, 2007 1:27 pm

stmichael wrote:very good player. ribery is almost certain to go to arsenal so it will be interesting to see who has the bigger impact.

can't believe alan perrin has gone to lyon. he's sh#te but in all fairness i could manage lyon and win the league in france.

Thats harsh.

Perrin did a great job at Sochoux and did well at OM before as well.

Malouda for £8 mil, I dont think so

Lyon star Florent Malouda has revealed Liverpool are hoping to sign him.

The French international is seeking to leave Lyon for a new challenge with a top European side.

Malouda claims Liverpool are leading the hunt to sign him, but that there is also interest from several Spanish sides in his signature.

Liverpool are thought to be in the market for a new left-sided winger with Boudewijn Zenden and Mark Gonzalez set to move on and Reds boss Rafa Benitez is believed to have made Malouda his top target.

Malouda says he would be interested in a possible move to Liverpool and he is hoping to have his future resolved soon.

"There are contacts with Liverpool but they haven't made an offer to Lyon yet," Malouda told Football365.

"They are a good club and play in the English league, which is very interesting.

"I have no preference, I can also move to Spain. It depends on the club's ambition and their desire to sign me.

"I don't know if my transfer price is 25 million (£17million), it could also be 35million (£27million).

"Anyway the money won't be in my pocket so I don't care.

"I agree with my chairman when he says that all Lyon transfers have to be signed before the 30th of June.

"I am leaving, it is just a question of time."
puroresu

Postby JamCar05 » Thu May 31, 2007 1:54 pm

For 8 million i would definitely have him, though that price sounds a bit to cheap, if you ask me. Seeing the above quotes from the man himself, it could be much more. Normally Lyon aren't exactly giving their star players away either (remember Essien), and they are well aware, that we've got quite a few pounds burning in Rafa's pocket this summer, so they might very likely try to get more. If we are only to sign one left-sided winger, I would prefer David Silva - he seems some talent that boy. But he'll probably be expensive as well, so I'll just leave it up to Rafa I guess :D 

Long story short: Malouda for 8 million? Yes, please. Otherwise: let's try it out for Silva instead (I'd rather pay big money for him than Malouda). That's my two cents anyway.
JamCar05

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill