Malouda eh.......what you reckon?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby happychappy » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:48 am

Sorry, I'm too slow!! :p
"First is First and Second is Nowhere" The Legend Bill Shankley
happychappy

Postby Anfield rapper » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:12 pm

sc6po wrote:
Anfield rapper wrote:I watched the highlights of all the Euro games from the weekend last night. Malouda looked ok, Ribery looked quality, Nani looked f*cking amazing. I know they were only playing Belgium but he was superb. It depressed the f*ck out of me. :(

Yeah, but only with highlights, you do not see much...
Before a scored the first goal, he was awful...50 possession, and lost the ball 25 times...Oops...
And he does not defend...

I don't know about that mate. I was watching the highlights before he scored and i saw him absolutley tear the defence to sheards on a number of ocassions. I was watching the game while listening to some music on my head phones and didn't realise who he was. When he scored i realised and thought f*ck.
Anfield rapper
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:37 pm

SambaPrince wrote:ive seen this lad a couple of time hes not very exciting to watch looks like well have another pennant or gonsalez

There's just no pleasing some people is there? ???

Some people like you dont like him because he doesnt do stepovers and the like all the time, lets at least be honest. Forget how effective he is some would prefer to be entertained by stepovers on the halfway line.

French player of the year. 13 goals a and quite a few assists as far as I'm aware this season. Rafas number one target for LW. What is there to complain about?
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dantheman29 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:46 pm

great player!

By the way if you like great t-shirts with good designs at cheap prices check out: http://threadless.com/?from=dantheman29
:buttrock
dantheman29

Postby RedBlood » Tue Jun 05, 2007 1:51 pm

hes a very good player there are lots of good players out there thats why there can be no excuse if we dont make atleast 3 top class signings this summer
RedBlood
LFC Super Member

Postby Red @ Heart » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:13 pm

If we have been strongly linked to Malouda why dont rafa just sign him before chelsea gets a good sniff,  just buy the damn players.
"GERAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARD what a goal"
Red @ Heart
LFC Super Member

Postby kobashi » Tue Jun 05, 2007 3:41 pm

maybe rafa does not want too pay the £15m fee.
kobashi

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:34 pm

kobashi wrote:maybe rafa does not want too pay the £15m fee.

honestly..as good as i think he is... i dont think hes worth 15mill ! think of all the other brilliant prospects we could get for a similar fee...
-Ribery moved to Bayern for a reported 17mill.. hes the better player of the two although Malouda has been the more consistent this season....
-David Silva would cost in the region of 15-20mill and hes a better winger than Malouda is..
-Vicente of Valencia is also a brilliant class winger who would make a better signing for a similar fee imo !
-Reyes is leaving arsenal and i know he said he wants to play in Spain but still a way better player than Malouda is and point is he would move for a similar fee..
so point is...15mill is alot of money and i think the only reason we are holding off is because we need to consider our options...if we are to pay such an amount for a left winger...we might aswell bring in the best out there for a few extra mill.s !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:40 pm

and by the way... market demand or market price is not dtermined by a single demand... so say if chelsea re willing to pay 50mill for a player that other clubs are willing to pay say 10 mill for... Chelsea's willingness to pay is 50mill ...chelsea's demand curve is 50mill for the player... the market demand is the addition of all demand curves and then diide that by the number of clubs and u get the average a club are willing to pay for the player... that determines his market value... or how much the market as a unit is willing to pay to get the player... what chelsea do is that they inflate that price by contributing with a very high demand thus increasing hs market value...but not setting it !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:06 pm

aCe' wrote:
kobashi wrote:maybe rafa does not want too pay the £15m fee.

honestly..as good as i think he is... i dont think hes worth 15mill ! think of all the other brilliant prospects we could get for a similar fee...
-Ribery moved to Bayern for a reported 17mill.. hes the better player of the two although Malouda has been the more consistent this season....
-David Silva would cost in the region of 15-20mill and hes a better winger than Malouda is..
-Vicente of Valencia is also a brilliant class winger who would make a better signing for a similar fee imo !
-Reyes is leaving arsenal and i know he said he wants to play in Spain but still a way better player than Malouda is and point is he would move for a similar fee..
so point is...15mill is alot of money and i think the only reason we are holding off is because we need to consider our options...if we are to pay such an amount for a left winger...we might aswell bring in the best out there for a few extra mill.s !

1) We don't know how much Malouda could cost, he could cost 10m he could cost 15m - we don't know.

2) As far as I'm aware Ribery is still at Marseille, that would mean Bayern have not paid 17m for him.

3) We don't know that Silva would cost £15-20m, Sabre seems to be of the opinion (I trust his opinion on Spanish matters more than anyone) that Valencia could sell him for a lot less than £20m.

4) Reyes a 'way better' player than Malouda? Even when Reyes was a flop at Arsenal, I disagree entirely, I'd take Malouda any day over him, I'd rather risk Malouda who has attributes that make him more likely to succeed in England. Saying Reyes would be better for us is championship manager talk IMO.

As for your last post, I despair:

""Market price is an economic concept with commonplace familiarity; it is the price that a good or service is offered at, or will fetch, in the marketplace"

A player is worth (IN MONETARY TERMS, YOU KNOW - POUND NOTES AND THAT) whatever a club is wiling to pay for their services.
LFC2007

Postby maguskwt » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:16 pm

LFC2007 wrote:What Essien was sold for was the market value!!!!

yes it was the market price...cause chelsea was bidding!...

consider chelsea was not interested in essien...will his value be so much??
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:24 pm

It's unlikely sure, but can you not grasp the concept of Market Price and Market Value?

Chelsea are part of the market, FFS it is such a basic concept.

A player is worth as much as clubs are willing to pay for them, Feckin helllllll!!!!!!!

Just for you Ill post this again:

""Market price is an economic concept with commonplace familiarity; it is the price that a good or service is offered at, or will fetch, in the marketplace"
LFC2007

Postby sc6po » Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:54 pm

Hi, just went to transfermarkt in order to see "market values" for a panel of guys...
I was quite surprised by Pennant...

Florent Malouda   Mittelfeld 26 15.000.000 
David Silva      Mittelfeld    21    3.000.
Franck Ribéry    Mittelfeld 24 11.000.000
Mark González   Mittelfeld    22 3.500.000 
Jermaine Pennant Mittelfeld   24      10.300.000 
Boudewijn Zenden Mittelfeld  30      3.800.000 
Harry Kewel           Mittelfeld  28     4.600.000
Last edited by sc6po on Tue Jun 05, 2007 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sc6po

Postby aCe' » Tue Jun 05, 2007 10:41 pm

LFC2007 wrote:It's unlikely sure, but can you not grasp the concept of Market Price and Market Value?

A player is worth as much as clubs are willing to pay for them, Feckin helllllll!!!!!!!

okay... dont know how to explain this in a simple so even you woud uderstand but..ill try..u mis1st... ur quote is correct but  u misinterpret it because obviously u know so little about economics !
market demand is a function of market price...u dentote the demand by D(p) with p being the price based on which the demand in the market applies...
market price depends on 2 things...supply and demand... in our case supply is the quantity 1 which is th player put for sale.. assume no price is set by supplier !
individual demand is the demand of a club interested in the service...so the supply demand curve is not but a single point in the plane ..THAT is the offer made by the club to get the player....a single demand/supply curve with a single equilibrium point....
market demand is the aggregation of indivudual demands to total..which is simply the addition of the demand curves (in our case points) by adding horizontally...market supply is 1 which is the single player put in the market by the club....
AGAIN....price depends on supply and demand...for every price u have a quantinty of interested buys..in our case.. we only have different prices... so to get the market price... the only way we can get an assumption of the willingness to pay (the demand) is to get the average of the prices in the curve...

what u pointed out works if you had a changing supply and demand curve...but for our case the supply is costant so you cant assume that a single demand is the market demand..and thus the market price is a function of that single demand...

about your other post...

1) its all speculation and assumptions when it comes to transfer rumours...if people werent to give their opinions based on what they hear in the media or whatever... no one would have posted sht in this thread...

2) its a matter of time... Bayern's chairman came out and said that an agreement is not far...and to me...thats assurance that hes moving to bayern...17mill is the reported bid and again...speculation ...

3) again...media...rumours suggest he'll only be allowed to leave if the offer is good enough... from what iv heard.. that amount could be 15-20 million... if less then good for us....

4) thats my opinion ... urs is different but saying that malouda has attributes that will make him a success in the prem ? what about reyes ? iv seen both play and from what iv seen reyes is a far more talented player than malouda will ever be... thing is... malouda is consistent... but he plays in the french league so u never know if he'll be as good in england.... to me... a talent is a talent wherever it may be... reyes has what it takes to be a success in the prem....and i dont think he was a flop at arsenal either.... but again... my opinion...urs is different..we'll agree to disagree on that !

u keep bringing championship manager up... obviously ur obsessed with it... havnt played it in years and dont think ill be playing it anytime soon either... grow up and try to come up with decent arguments instead of your witty remarks !
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:14 pm

aCe' wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:It's unlikely sure, but can you not grasp the concept of Market Price and Market Value?

okay... dont know how to explain this in a simple so even you woud uderstand but..ill try..u mis1st... ur quote is correct but  u misinterpret it because obviously u know so little about economics !
market demand is a function of market price...u dentote the demand by D(p) with p being the price based on which the demand in the market applies...
market price depends on 2 things...supply and demand... in our case supply is the quantity 1 which is th player put for sale.. assume no price is set by supplier !
individual demand is the demand of a club interested in the service...so the supply demand curve is not but a single point in the plane ..THAT is the offer made by the club to get the player....a single demand/supply curve with a single equilibrium point....
market demand is the aggregation of indivudual demands to total..which is simply the addition of the demand curves (in our case points) by adding horizontally...market supply is 1 which is the single player put in the market by the club....
AGAIN....price depends on supply and demand...for every price u have a quantinty of interested buys..in our case.. we only have different prices... so to get the market price... the only way we can get an assumption of the willingness to pay (the demand) is to get the average of the prices in the curve...

what u pointed out works if you had a changing supply and demand curve...but for our case the supply is costant so you cant assume that a single demand is the market demand..and thus the market price is a function of that single demand...

about your other post...

1) its all speculation and assumptions when it comes to transfer rumours...if people werent to give their opinions based on what they hear in the media or whatever... no one would have posted sht in this thread...

2) its a matter of time... Bayern's chairman came out and said that an agreement is not far...and to me...thats assurance that hes moving to bayern...17mill is the reported bid and again...speculation ...

3) again...media...rumours suggest he'll only be allowed to leave if the offer is good enough... from what iv heard.. that amount could be 15-20 million... if less then good for us....

4) thats my opinion ... urs is different but saying that malouda has attributes that will make him a success in the prem ? what about reyes ? iv seen both play and from what iv seen reyes is a far more talented player than malouda will ever be... thing is... malouda is consistent... but he plays in the french league so u never know if he'll be as good in england.... to me... a talent is a talent wherever it may be... reyes has what it takes to be a success in the prem....and i dont think he was a flop at arsenal either.... but again... my opinion...urs is different..we'll agree to disagree on that !

u keep bringing championship manager up... obviously ur obsessed with it... havnt played it in years and dont think ill be playing it anytime soon either... grow up and try to come up with decent arguments instead of your witty remarks !

Please pull yourself from your own ar.se I'm having trouble hearing you.

I know little about economics, really! I studied economics, politics and Law at College you trumpet basher.

You can't even articulate your point about Essien without ranting on about economic theory, even then it is the most incoherent description of market demand possible. Nor is it applied correctly to the case in question, it is straight out of a text book.

Here's where your point falls down like a sack of sh!t:

"and thus the market price is a function of that single demand"

Single demand?

So nobody BUT Chelsea were interested in Essien?

Even when it was strongly reported that Man Utd were interested, as were plenty of other big clubs. The demand was there, Chelsea had the money to usurp these other clubs and that is why the Market Price of Essien was so high.

This is the reality of the situation:

The de facto value of any player is whatever a club is willing to pay for his services, by definition - that is their market value.

The subjective opinion of anyone as to whether that value is a true reflection of that player's ability is an entirely different issue.

A player is worth (IN MONETARY TERMS) whatever a club is willing to pay for their services.

You are the ARCH-speculator on this forum, who knows that Ribery has signed for Bayern even though he is still contracted to Marseille and no deal has been announced. And you also know that he went for 17m.

You know that X player will cost X amount - you're sure of it -that Silva would cost X million, and Malouda isn't worth it because he would surely cost more than X million.

You consider Reyes a "better player" to Malouda, Schevchenko could be deemed to be a better player than Kuyt but Kuyt's had a bigger impact in England. That is your perspective on things, a "better player" = suited to the role?.

Was Reyes suited to the Premiership?

Did he show all that flair he was rumoured to have in an Arsenal side that is one of the most fluid and attacking teams in Europe?

Do you think Wenger would have let him go to Madrid had he been so successful at Arsenal, did you even go to games in England and see Reyes play?

Have you ever even been to Anfield and seen the team play or do you sit at home by your TV with a fat cigar and pontificate about who we should sign?

Tell me aCe

:O
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill