Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby JC_81 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 3:57 pm

I don't think Alonso leaving is beyond the realms of possibility to be honest, in fact I can definitely see him going back to Spain to play for one of the big sides over there at some stage of his career, but I'd hope it's not for a few years yet.

If we go for Eto'o in the summer I can definitely see Barce bringing up Alonso's name in negotiations.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Sun Mar 18, 2007 9:41 pm

Another more worrying rumour that is refusing to go away is the constant speculation of whether RAFA could finally be tempted to take the job at the Bernabeu. All of the supposed people in the know are adamant that Capello will be kicked out of the door in the summer. At first the stories were of Maureen being the preferred choice but more and more people are starting to suggest that it is actually Rafa who the Madrid board want. It seems they are even willing to turn over near complete control of the running of team affairs including transfers to Rafa in a bid to lure him.
Guillem Balague (who is supposedly close to what goes on with Rafa) believes that although Rafa is gonna find it hard to turn down his hometown club again he WILL stay at Anfield for now.

The coming weeks and months are going to be very critical in my view and Gillet and Hicks are going to have a very big role to play. They must be upfront and open with Rafa as to what they expect of him and what he can expect of them. Are they going to give him the financial backing that he wants to bring in his first choice players and the time to mould a team that can win the title?

I fully believe that Rafa will stay for a number of reasons (New Investment, very good nucleus of squad, new multi million pound home on the Wirral and a new stadium on the way) but still there is a small possibility that we could lose the best manager we've had in many years and that scares the living ©rap outta me.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby grayghost » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:44 pm

If rafa leaves who would come in and mange liverpool. The reason i say this is i can honestly see it happing
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:26 pm

Shawn wright phillps looks a good bet to leave cheski this summer do you think liverpool would take a chance and buy him.
grayghost

Postby matrix » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:40 pm

grayghost wrote:Shawn wright phillps looks a good bet to leave cheski this summer do you think liverpool would take a chance and buy him.

is the grass green...

it's been said many times  swp is the kind of winger we would love to have at liverpool...

but as we know there is a lot to sort out come the summer...

my only worry is rafa leaving,  that's our main concern...

rafa is to meet gills, and hicks, shortly to talk on future plans...

only then will we get a picture of what will happen...   ???

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:52 pm

grayghost wrote:If rafa leaves who would come in and manage liverpool.

The bloke at Lyon is good.  Lyon are very attacking minded.  He could show Rafa a thing or two.  :oops:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tommycockles » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:53 pm

personally i think it's not a bad thing that Madrid are spreading rumours about Rafa as i think it'll put pressure on Hicks and Gillett to be open with him about what they intend to allow him to spend on players etc. If he goes then i'm afraid that it doesn't look like they're going to give him much cash- in which case he'll leave anyway. But if he stays then it's because they've promised him loads of cash and we can buy all of Welsh Wizzards transfer rumours (well the good ones anyway).

So far they've slowed down work on the new stadium so they can make it bigger and better, and are now asking the fans what they see as important. I'm quite impressed by this as if they were out to make a quick buck then they would have just built the cheaper stadium, built the team a bit and sold us. By making all these changes it does look like they're planning for the future as i can't see them making a return on their investment in their lifetime with all this expenditure- which can only be good for us fans!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:55 pm

Lets just hope thease talks go to plan it's all good having a great stadium but if Rafa is not given the funds to build a great team then  he will be off to Madrid. And who could replace him.:( :(
grayghost

Postby tommycockles » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:57 pm

stmichael wrote:

The bloke at Lyon is good.  Lyon are very attacking minded.  He could show Rafa a thing or two.  :oops:

yeah he's done really well. And with his knowledge of the French league he'll know all the best players to buy. We could soon see the next Zidane at Anfield - or even that striker at Marseille!!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby Pedro Maradona » Wed Mar 21, 2007 3:59 pm

nah rafa wont leave, he knows the politics of the Madrid club, he walked away from Valencia because he wasnt in full control of team affairs, why would he want to join the circus that is Real Madrid?
.....I hope
Pedro Maradona

Postby grayghost » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:00 pm

The next Bruno shi.tou more like
grayghost

Postby Pedro Maradona » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:01 pm

tommycockles wrote:
stmichael wrote:

yeah he's done really well. And with his knowledge of the French league he'll know all the best players to buy. We could soon see the next Zidane at Anfield - or even that striker at Marseille!!!

That french bloke at Lyon is very good at turning corners apparently...
Pedro Maradona

Postby grayghost » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:02 pm

Because deep down it's in his heart one day rafa will join madrid lets just hope we have some more troiphes before that happens.
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Wed Mar 21, 2007 4:33 pm

Do you think this team could win the legue for us
...................................Renia..................................
....FINNAN.............JC.....................agger.............RISE.......
....Alves..............gerrard............macherino..........Kewell......
...........................Tevez...............Eto.........................

Subs and reseves
Dirk kuyt
abeloa
fowler(will proberly have to leave but am keeping him anyway)
nugent         
Hypia       
voranin
gonzales
garcia
You never know we could have this team next year do you tink it's good enough to win us the prem.
              ??? ???
grayghost

Postby Paul C » Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:03 pm

grayghost wrote:Do you think this team could win the legue for us
...................................Renia..................................
....FINNAN.............JC.....................agger.............RISE.......
....Alves..............gerrard............macherino..........Kewell......
...........................Tevez...............Eto.........................

Subs and reseves
Dirk kuyt
abeloa
fowler(will proberly have to leave but am keeping him anyway)
nugent         
Hypia       
voranin
gonzales
garcia
You never know we could have this team next year do you tink it's good enough to win us the prem.
              ??? ???

Thats a cr3p starting eleven  :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill