Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Kopjon » Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:51 am

Aparently we have signed another youngster;

Liverpool are also believed to have signed Spanish central midfielder Francisco Manuel Duran Vazquez, 18, from Malaga, Spanish newspaper AS has reported.
Kopjon

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:14 pm

Liverpool are set to sign Deportivo La Coruna right-back Alvaro Arbeloa, according to the Primera Liga side.

"There is a verbal agreement between Deportivo and Liverpool for the permanent transfer of Arbeloa to Liverpool," said a Deportivo spokesman.

It is believed that Liverpool are set to pay about £2.6m for the 24-year-old.

The defender, who arrived from Real Madrid for just under £1m at the start of the season, has made 20 appearances for Deportivo.

Arbeloa was reported to have told the Spanish press: "I'm as surprised as everyone.

"It looks like a good move for me and Depor especially as they are going to get double what they paid for me."

Meanwhile, Depor coach Joaquin Caparros added: "It's a good option for the club and I'm sure they'll sell him for more than they bought him for five months ago."
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:37 pm

don't you just love transfer deadline day? :D

reports circulating on all liverpool sites of morten gamst pedersen being sited at melwood. apparently we're set to offer £8m+ bolo zenden.  :D
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 31, 2007 4:51 pm

stmichael wrote:don't you just love transfer deadline day? :D

reports circulating on all liverpool sites of morten gamst pedersen being sited at melwood. apparently we're set to offer £8m+ bolo zenden.  :D

I know it's a rumour but I wouldn't mind Morten Gamst Pedersen in a red shirt, he has always looked a good player when I've seen him play  :)
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:53 pm

He would be a great signing!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:55 pm

Where is Welsh Wizzard when we need him :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:52 pm

Paul C wrote:Where is Welsh Wizzard when we need him :D

:D

We need to know some inside stories
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby welsh wizzard » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:27 pm

metalhead wrote:

Pederson is what i have heard in the last hour.  Zendon going other way and 5m is whats lead to believe.

:bowdown
welsh wizzard
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:12 pm

If he is coming here, why is he playing against Chelski right now?

Just our luck, he would get crocked
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:17 pm

jeffiroquai wrote:If he is coming here, why is he playing against Chelski right now?

Just our luck, he would get crocked

He aint coming mate ahhh crazy season  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:57 pm

welsh wizzard wrote:
metalhead wrote:

Pederson is what i have heard in the last hour.  Zendon going other way and 5m is whats lead to believe.

:bowdown

what about villa?  :laugh:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:01 pm

Madrid say Woodgate sold to Boro 

Woodgate has been at Middlesbrough since summer 2006
Real Madrid have announced they have reached an agreement with Middlesbrough over the transfer of England defender Jonathan Woodgate.
Woodgate, 27, joined Middlesbrough on a year-long loan from Madrid in summer 2006 and Real said the two clubs have agreed to make the switch permanent.

Boro, however, are yet to confirm whether Woodgate's future is secure.

The defender has been in good form this season and Middlesbrough are understood to be keen to agree a permanent deal.

Media and communications manager Dave Allan said: "We have been absolutely delighted with the way Jonathan has played for us this season. He seems happy to be back home.

"We are certainly happy with him - very happy - and we hope the feeling is shared equally between us and Jonathan."

Woodgate was on England duty following his return to the national squad when the news broke, although he missed training as he recovered from Saturday's hard-fought 1-1 draw with Arsenal.

The player has flourished at the Riverside this season after an injury-time in Spain, where he made just nine league appearances in two years after joining from Newcastle for £13.4m in 2004.

Such has been Woodgate's success at his home-town club during the current campaign, he was on Friday recalled to the England squad for this week's friendly against Spain.

If he plays at Old Trafford on Wednesday, it will be the centre-back's first cap since facing Sweden in March 2004.
                     ---------------------------------------------------------------

I can't help feeling we missed an opportunity with Woodgate. I know he is injury prone and possibly racist? but he is also one of the best defenders in the league.
account deleted by request

Postby Igor Zidane » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:10 pm

On five live it reported earlier Saint that, it was by no means definate that he would sign for boro, so there may still be an oppotunity.
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:12 pm

We have Agger and Carragher who can form an excellent partnership for the next 5 years or so. Would it be worth spending money on an injury prone player who wouldent sit on the bench for long before wanting to leave, and would you really want Agger or Carragher on the bench.

With centre backs I think you need a clear pecking order becuase its not really a postion that should be rotated.

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:19 pm

Sounds to me Igor like the clubs have agreed to the transfer but Woodgate is still undecided.

I know what you mean CHL but with Hyypia reaching the end and Palletta looking less than impressive an experienced and FAST CB would be a great addition. Personally my only concerns would be as I stated, his injuries and his charactor.
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill