Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jan 23, 2007 3:59 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Apparently the gossip is Southampton have agreed to sell Bale to Spurs for 10 M.

Spurs have also just signed some Benfica defender Rochas or something, where are they getting all of there money from  ???

Every transfer window the last few seasons they are in the top 2-3 spenders.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:10 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:Apparently the gossip is Southampton have agreed to sell Bale to Spurs for 10 M.

Spurs have also just signed some Benfica defender Rochas or something, where are they getting all of there money from  ???

Joe Lewis, who runs Enic with Levy is worth a couple of billion. That may have something to do with it.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:15 pm

stmichael wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Joe Lewis, who runs Enic with Levy is worth a couple of billion. That may have something to do with it.

I havent got a clue mate, but i dont seem to remember any major news about Spurs having a billionaire backer.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bartzy » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:42 pm

they do, they get quite a lot of money from manion (their kit sponsors)
COME ON YOU REDS
bartzy

Postby Ace Ventura » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:09 am

bartzy wrote:they do, they get quite a lot of money from manion (their kit sponsors)

I am not disputing they get quite alot, they obviously do.
What i mean is that they spend heavily every transfer window and nobody bats an eyelid, i dont remember any big thing in the papers about spurs getting taken over by someone that was going to give them so much money, like at Chelsea, Portsmouth West Ham and possibly ourselves.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 66-1112520797 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 11:45 am

Didnt Levy take over from Alan Sugar ?

With that Arnsson bloke or whoever as technical director ?

Well ever since that Levy fella has come, they've been throwing money around like confetti. I seem to remember they had one of the biggest squads with about 10 decent midfielders in it. But as Ace said nobody has really batted an eyelid. Strange ???
66-1112520797

Postby ivor_the_injun » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:50 pm

Has anyone heard something about us showing an interest in Luke Young?

I've heard whispers a few times in the last week from different sources. One for summer perhaps, assuming Charlton are dead and buried?
ivor_the_injun

Postby 112-1077774096 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 2:52 pm

Bamaga man wrote:Didnt Levy take over from Alan Sugar ?

With that Arnsson bloke or whoever as technical director ?

Well ever since that Levy fella has come, they've been throwing money around like confetti. I seem to remember they had one of the biggest squads with about 10 decent midfielders in it. But as Ace said nobody has really batted an eyelid. Strange ???

arnessen was then poached by chelsea, and chelsea had to pay a large sum to spurs as a result, some say its arnessen who is causing the squabbles at chelsea
112-1077774096

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:05 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
bartzy wrote:they do, they get quite a lot of money from manion (their kit sponsors)

What i mean is that they spend heavily every transfer window and nobody bats an eyelid, i dont remember any big thing in the papers about spurs getting taken over by someone that was going to give them so much money, like at Chelsea, Portsmouth West Ham and possibly ourselves.

Probably 'cos they're still shite!!  :D

They've got to wait 'til 2011 for their next realistic chance of a trophy haven't they??? Can't they only win things when they year ends in 1  :p . :D
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Wed Jan 24, 2007 3:08 pm

RUSHIE#9 wrote:
Ace Ventura wrote:

Probably 'cos they're still shite!!  :D

They've got to wait 'til 2011 for their next realistic chance of a trophy haven't they??? Can't they only win things when they year ends in 1  :p . :D

Ignore the above i quoted the wrong fookin post i mean't to quote this one :D :
Bamaga Man

Well ever since that Levy fella has come, they've been throwing money around like confetti. I seem to remember they had one of the biggest squads with about 10 decent midfielders in it. But as Ace said nobody has really batted an eyelid. Strange
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Thu Jan 25, 2007 1:08 am

Talking about transfers and everything, during this transfer window...we did signed a few youngsters (For the future). Just curious... are we going to sign anybody soon? I mean players for the first team... transfer window deadline is just around the corner and we still didn't sign any player for the first team . A new RB for instance? ???
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Jan 25, 2007 8:13 am

red_guy wrote:A new RB for instance? ???

no new Rafael Benitez please

:D

I'm convinced we will be buying some more players for the first team
the new youngsters were prepared to build a strong youth team i believe. it's been a strengthening issue since particularly we were beaten by arsenal with their young squads
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:27 am

I'm getting nervous here....we still got to grab the 2nd spot and lots of games to play. errrrr.....got to sign a back up for finnan and what's new on mascherano?
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby weringo » Sun Jan 28, 2007 12:00 am

We should seriously buy Aaron Lennon, I dont care how much he would cost or where we got the money from but in 5 years time hes going to be one of the best players in the world. 20 million... 25 million... 30 million... he would be worth it.
weringo
LFC Super Member

Postby skipper » Sun Jan 28, 2007 2:11 am

weringo wrote:We should seriously buy Aaron Lennon, I dont care how much he would cost or where we got the money from but in 5 years time hes going to be one of the best players in the world. 20 million... 25 million... 30 million... he would be worth it.

As much as I would like for Lennon to come to Anfield, I don't think Rafa would break the bank for him.  He just signed a new deal with the Spurs and we all know they will not let him go unless we insanely overpay and I don't think Rafa will do that.
You'll Never Walk Alone

RIP Phil
skipper
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill