Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby El Gordo » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:19 pm

Skysports.com understands that a host of English clubs have made enquiries about John Carew.

His agent confirmed earlier this month that Carew was in demand, and skysports.com has now learnt that up to five Premiership clubs could be ready to make the Norwegian an offer.

The 27-year-old has long been linked with a move to England and although happy with life at Lyon - the rotation policy under Gerard Houllier is not believed to be to his liking.

It is believed that Liverpool, Newcastle, West Ham, Aston Villa and Middlesbrough have all enquired about Carew at some level.

Some of the clubs are further on in their discussions but it is understood Carew would consider all offers before determining his future.

England remains his top priority, as he has already tried his luck in Spain, Italy and Turkey - although clubs from La Liga, Serie A and the Bundesliga are also readying offers.

Meanwhile, Bordeaux have confirmed they would readily throw their hat into the ring for Carew - although they dismissed talk of a possible swap for Moroccan ace Marouane Chamakh.

"If we have expressed an intention to sign john Carew, we have never thought or talked about an exchange with Marouane Chamakh," Bordeaux supremo Jean-Louis Triaud told AFP.
El Gordo

Postby woof woof ! » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:26 pm

El Gordo wrote:The 27-year-old has long been linked with a move to England and although happy with life at Lyon - the rotation policy under Gerard Houllier is not believed to be to his liking.

:laugh:  Just the kind of player Rafa is looking for    :talktothehand

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:29 pm

I hate transfer rumours as a rule so apologies if he's been mentioned elsewhere in any of these threads that I haven't read but...any rumours linking as to Ljungberg?  He seems to be on his way out at Arsenal, is a quality player with lots of experience and isn't yet past it.  I figure we could do a lot worse.  More wishful thinking than rumour, this, but nonetheless...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Elchris » Fri Jan 12, 2007 2:21 am

Carew :(  he's fat crouch.....we have this kinda player ady

and ljungberg is another sicknote....we have kewell for that :p
Elchris

Postby Paul C » Fri Jan 12, 2007 8:17 pm

I'm sure Riise won't want this to happen after the had a fight while training with Norway! :;):
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:56 am

AS are reporting Rafa is about to bring Raul to Anfield for 3 years hope not.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 13, 2007 11:59 am

Heard that this morning Lynds, Don't know what to think i suppose if that was the case surely we would just play Fowler week in week out ???
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:02 pm

mistyred wrote:Heard that this morning Lynds, Don't know what to think i suppose if that was the case surely we would just play Fowler week in week out ???

Hope it doesnt happen Morientes was enough 30 year old has been, But if Mourhino is on his way to Real then Raul will be shipped out for sure  :glare:
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sat Jan 13, 2007 12:57 pm

Ciggy wrote:
mistyred wrote:Heard that this morning Lynds, Don't know what to think i suppose if that was the case surely we would just play Fowler week in week out ???

Hope it doesnt happen Morientes was enough 30 year old has been, But if Mourhino is on his way to Real then Raul will be shipped out for sure  :glare:

With Garcia out for the season I would not be surprised if we went for Raul. Ok, they are not identical type players but Raul has that little bit of class and vision to unlock a defence. At least he used too have it!!!!  ???
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:01 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
Ciggy wrote:

With Garcia out for the season I would not be surprised if we went for Raul. Ok, they are not identical type players but Raul has that little bit of class and vision to unlock a defence. At least he used too have it!!!!  ???

I could be wrong but i think this league would be to fast for Raul, old horses new tricks kind of thing, But then again you don't always need pace if the mind is fast enough and you can be in the right place at the right time and maybe he needs a new challenge who knows, How old is he know anyway?.
Last edited by mistyred on Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Elchris » Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:32 pm

Raul...? ??? Wow i dun mind at all in think the lad needs a fresh new challange and he would be a great buy...something tells me he'll be a hit here....he's a GREAT PLAYER...ppl might be worried afta wat happened to morientes...but i think taking risk on this guy could be worth...

but for seriously i'd like to see hunterlaar o ryan babel of ajax.... lethal strikers with proven quality and that something "extra"
Elchris

Postby stmichael » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:17 pm

a west ham mate of mine is claiming pennant has turned down a move to west ham after we agreed a fee of £7m. dunno if it's bollox or not.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 18, 2007 2:22 pm

Its in the Express and on teamtalk so its probably bollox :D
account deleted by request

Postby ste123lfc » Thu Jan 18, 2007 8:32 pm

If liverpools take-over is successful, the new owners want to bring in Ronaldo, it is understood that the sheik is very fond of the goofy b astard.

Ronaldo
From Shankly to Brendan we follow our team, Rome to Istanbul we've all lived the dream. Our journey is long, our goal stays the same, to keep for our children the famous red name.
ste123lfc
LFC Super Member

Postby Paul C » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:28 pm

If Ronaldo would stop being a lazy b@stard I think he could have a few more decent footballing years but I'm unsure, I think he might be a new player if he had a fresh challenge ???
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill