Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 31, 2006 3:53 pm

Ciggy wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:A mate just phoned me said that on Jimmy Hills tv footy show that they were talking about Liverpool being interested in Beckham !

Anybody heard anything or is it just more journalistic sh'ite ?

It was in the People Woof, along Reina to Valencia with Villa coming the other way plus David James  :laugh:

Cheers Cig , didn't realise the Welsh Wizard was working for The People .  :D

If there any truth to what you've posted TBH I wouldn't mind Reina moving on . He was great last season but this season he looks to be teetering on the verge of a "calamity" in almost every game .(Did you see the ball he dropped against Spurs ? ) . For me David James' form this season has been far superior to Reina's .

Not saying I want Pepe to go, but won't be sorry if he does as right now I'm not sure if the keeper we saw last season was a "one season wonder" and what we're seeing now is his normal form  . :(

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby jkop » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:11 pm

All these transfer rumours, but ther are a couple of juicy ones there. :D
Were not Brazil were Norn Iron.
          Faugh a Ballagh.
                YNWA
        Healy......Healy !!!!!
jkop
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Sun Dec 31, 2006 4:17 pm

Ciggy wrote:REINA KEY TO £25M SWOOP
FOOTBALL ARABS STIR UP ANFIELD SENSATION
By Alan Nixon

LIVERPOOL keeper Jose Reina is at the centre of a huge transfer headache for boss Rafa Benitez - and the key to a £40million-plus merry-go-round.

Valencia will only let star striker David Villa go to Anfield if they get Spaniard Reina as part of the deal.

Reina has been Liverpool's number one since he signed I for £6m in July 2005 and, although he has made some costly blunders, the boss wants to keep him if he can.

However Valencia will not play ball with £25m-rated Villa unless Reina is in the package, and that is driving Benitez to distraction.

He wants the deal now rather than next summer and is desperate to sign Villa and then sell Peter Crouch to Newcastle - the massive double deal first revealed in People Sport last Sunday.

Crouch would love a £7m switch to St James' Park, but that can only happen if Benitez ties up the deal for Villa.

Liverpool are considering what to do about Reina in the equation.

They have let Chris Kirkland go to Wigan and have loaned out Scott Carson to Charlton with a view to selling him. Benitez's spies have been asked to draw up a hit-list of goalkeeper targets.

Shock names under consideration include old boy David James, who's at Portsmouth.

James had a colourful career at Liverpool and made some famous :censored:-ups, but Benitez rates him the best English keeper around :D and would have no fears about going in for him.

Ive been fooled into believing such sh#t in the past and it's always rubbish.

Valencia would not sell Villa mid season when they are contesting the champions league and need him to get them into the champions league places for next season.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Sun Dec 31, 2006 8:50 pm

If it is the key to getting Villa then I would let Reina go. David James as a stop gap until we get Carson back from the loan spell? or......maybe try and entice Robinson from Spurs? or........Craig Gordon from Hearts? He is a class keeper and would relish the chance to play in the Premier League and get away from the farce that is Hearts!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby redmikey » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:07 pm

we should only sign keepers for one season as we always get a good first season followed by down hill all the way

craig gordon is a good shout,

david villa , will arrive on a flying pig with henry as our new strike parnership

crouch for 12 mill is good buisness as i can't remember the last time we made money on a player
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby A.B. » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:39 pm

Why would Valencia sell David Villa in the middle of the season? The fact that some of you believe that this deal will actually happen [especially for 25 million] is laughable.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby azriahmad » Tue Jan 02, 2007 4:59 am

Absolutely no logic as to why Valencia would want to sell David Villa now, after the end of the season is a possibility if the price is right.

I think Carson is a good 'keeper, certainly better then the injury prone Kirkland. If Reina goes, Carson should be reinstated as the first choice and give him a good run, he should be able to dislodge Robinson as the England number 1. David james is basically a sound 'keeper but so prone to horrible howlers, perhaps he has improved on this since he was with us, but I think not good enough.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Tue Jan 02, 2007 1:59 pm

The Villa rumour is rubbish, Rafa has already said that Crouch will not be leaving in Jan and he will not be moving for Villa!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue Jan 02, 2007 2:54 pm

Villa arriving this month?

BOLLOX

There is just no logic in this rumour whatsoever. Valencia are still in the champions league. They are also having an up and down time in La liga and will need all of their best players to gain qualification into the champions league for next season. As for us spending £25 million pounds now just won't happen as the take over hasn't gone through and according to the ECHO it'll be early February at least. I can't see the current board sanctioning this kind of spending with money we don't yet have.

I'd have to say I'd be loathed to let Pepe go. He has had a bit of a shakey time this season but I still think that there are few Keepers around that are better. People have mentioned trying to get Robinson from 'spurs but he's not looking too brilliant at the moment and throughout europe if you watch goalies closely they are all prone to mistakes when their defences don't protect them.

If amazingly something did happen with this rumour and Reina was allowed to leave then as a stop gap I'd maybe try and get Valencia to chuck in Canizares as part of the deal. He is getting to the end of his career but for half a season or so I think he'd be able to do a decent job.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dia- mond » Tue Jan 02, 2007 5:54 pm

bellamy askin for a transfair
dia- mond

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:28 pm

dia- mond wrote:bellamy askin for a transfair

Dia-mond talking out of his :censored:.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:05 am

heres one....Jagielka £9 million at the end of the season, should Sheff utd go down.- The Mirror.

F**k off!!  :no

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/180794130?-11194
Last edited by red37 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby w.lfc.07 » Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:14 pm

[quote="red37"][/quote]
Anyone know anything about this guy? I just saw this:

AFONSO ALVES

Apparantly we've been watchin him.
w.lfc.07

Postby irf » Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:24 pm

Rumour is you can watch all Liverpool games live at:

http://www.gullystation.com/forum/register.php?referrerid=6

Even tonight's quarter-final game against Arsenal will be on.
irf

Postby destro » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:27 pm

From Wikipedia

It is currently rumoured that premiership champions Chelsea F.C. are interested in purchasing Villa from Valencia CF, though officially there has been no contact from, or offer by Chelsea FC, and Valencia has warned any interested clubs that THEY WILL ONLY LET VILLA GO IF HIS £100 MILLION BUYOUT CLAUSE IS MET. Valencia president, Juan Soler, however, has told the press they have no intention of selling Villa, but if any club were interested they could sit down and negotiate his buy out clause. There was reportedly a failed £15 million transfer bid by Chelsea in the summer of the 2005-06 season. If Chelsea were to sign Villa for the current asking price it would make it the most expensive transfer fee in the world.

Let that be the end of this fairytale !!!!

And can i just say whoever edited the piece ( look it up to see what i mean ), it was very funny  :D
destro

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill