Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Rafa D » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:18 pm

Juventus plan bid for Liverpool's Xabi
tribalfooball.com - December 14, 2006

Juventus are ready to test Liverpool's resolve for midfielder Xabi Alonso.

Juve coach Didier Deschamps declared last night they intended to make "three super signings" in the summer with promotion back to Serie A all but guaranteed.

Gazzetta dello Sport says among the names being considered is Liverpool schemer Xabi, while it also emerged this week that Juve directors have discarded their plans to move for the Spaniard's teammate, Momo Sissoko.

A JOKE!
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby joko » Mon Dec 18, 2006 6:10 am

Malmö FF's are after Sami Hyppiä, 33, who has a contract with Liverpool until 2008.If reports in Sweden are to believed.

Jari Litmanen and Jonatan Johansson are believed to have asked Hyypia to come and play in Sweden.

Even if a transfer can't be registrated before 1 st january when the transfer window opens, a deal could be done.
Sami Hyppiä has international experience and is considered as a top notch centre back parterner to Dixon.

Hyppiä has played in the finnish national team together with current MFF-stars Jari Litmanen and Jonatan Johansson.
These two have recommanded their friend to Malmö.
The contacts with the centre back star is therefore extremly good, and MFF work active to complete the deal with Hyppiä.
Sami Hyppiä has contract with Liverpool until 2008, but has been in the club since 1999 and it was speculation about that he might get sold already before this season.

MFF, the richest club in Sweden, has the millions to buy him from Liverpool.
MFF has in the two last years sold Markus Rosenberg and Afonso Alves for around 45 million each (around £3m each), and also earned millions when Zlatan Ibrahimovic was sold further (from Juventus to Inter).
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby bunglemark2 » Mon Dec 18, 2006 12:15 pm

I'd let Hyypia go. He's been tremendous in his time with LFC, but as sentimental as I am, he doesn't have the pace anymore. We've got a load of young lads coming thru, and with a bumper transfer kitty on the way, we can buy one or two experienced class defenders to bolster the defence. One or two more players - one on the LH midfield, another on the right, and we'll be hunkydory
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 20, 2006 9:57 pm

I would only let Hyypia go if we found a suitable experienced replacement, otherwise it would be suicidal.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby matrix » Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:57 pm

Pick up one of several Sunday newspapers today and you'll read that Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez is plotting to bring striker David Villa to Anfield from Valencia.

Do you believe them? Well you should. Maybe not everything the reports suggest but yes, Villa is a target.

Valencia officials insist they won't sell for anything less than £100million which is the player's buyout fee as inserted into his contract. Chelsea had a £15million bid rejected last season and they've been tipped to make a fresh bid at the end of this season.

Most of us know that Reds boss Rafa Benitez is an admirer of the player. The boss has previously tried to bring him to Anfield but simply put the money wasn't there. Technically speaking the money still isn't there at the moment but even if D.I.C. cough up, you won't see Rafa throwing £100million at Valencia.

A bid of around £20m > £25m should be enough to persuade Valencia to part with their star man. January's window may have come too soon but don't rule out a move for him before next season.

This is the sort of high-quality players you are going to see us linked with in 2007. We wouldn't be surprised if Daniel Alves isn't linked with us again either because he's in outstanding form at the moment.

Meanwhile some of the Premier League's top clubs are closing in on Gareth Bale and Giles Barnes but nobody is paying much attention to Micah Richards which could prove beneficial to us. If we want to challenge Chelsea and Manchester United in the Premier League, we must also challenge them in the transfer market. We must try and sign the best youngsters that are already familiar with the English game, inflated prices or not. If the rest want them, then so should we.

So 2006 is coming to an end. It's been a great year for the Reds but hopefully 2007 will be even better.

as much as i like david villa,  i cant see it happening...  utter sh.ite once again from koptalk...
               who the hell runs that site...    :laugh:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:33 pm

matrix wrote:nobody is paying much attention to Micah Richards which could prove beneficial to us.

Allegedly......Chelsea have mooted a deal involving the return of SWP to City, in return for Richards.

as for Villa, firstly i think its a bit of seasonal 'journalistic jiggery-pokery'  tbh. Though, secondly....i wish it would happen!

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Wed Dec 27, 2006 1:53 pm

A well known pundit on Sky Sports mentioned the David Villa rumour yesterday apparently. I didn't see it myself but a friend did.

It would be ideal if we did get him but I can't see it happening in January. Maybe if the buy-out goes through we might look again in the summer but's a big maybe!!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby jeffiroquai » Wed Dec 27, 2006 4:04 pm

Don't they need a keeper? ???  Send Valencia one of the keepers in our stable, and toss in Crouch and 25 million..........

We should be in business!!!

Viva Villa
'Obviously Rafa is notorious for chopping and changing but he is chopping and changing with cream and caviar.'-Steve Coppell
jeffiroquai
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:17 pm

Kop Talk will be shut down soon.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby red37 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 4:02 am

Nastic target Paletta

28 Dec 2006 SKY SPORTS

Gimnastic de Tarragona are hoping to sign Liverpool defender Gabriel Paletta on loan.

Reports have claimed the Liga strugglers want to bring in Paletta to boost their survival hopes and ease a defensive crisis.

Recently-appointed coach Paco Flores is understood to have been in contact with Liverpool regarding a possible loan deal in January.

Paletta has yet to establish himself at Anfield since joining The Reds from Banfield over the summer.

The Argentine youngster has made just one substitute appearance in the Premiership and could be allowed to join Gimnastic for experience.

Gimnastic are also reportedly interested in signing Salif Diao on loan, with the midfielder currently enjoying a three-month stint at Stoke City.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby dawson99 » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:53 am

Liverpool have joined Juventus in the chase for West Ham's Argentine flop Javier Mascherano. (Daily Express, Daily Mirror)

and selling crouch to newcastle for 12m, buying villa for 22?

the madness is starting!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Fri Dec 29, 2006 9:55 am

I can see Crouch being sold I cant see where we are getting 25 million from to buy Villa, and if he does come what happens if he cant hack the prem.
We need two world class wingers and a forward.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:15 pm

A mate just phoned me said that on Jimmy Hills tv footy show that they were talking about Liverpool being interested in Beckham !

Anybody heard anything or is it just more journalistic sh'ite ?

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:19 pm

woof woof ! wrote:A mate just phoned me said that on Jimmy Hills tv footy show that they were talking about Liverpool being interested in Beckham !

Anybody heard anything or is it just more journalistic sh'ite ?

It was in the People Woof, along Reina to Valencia with Villa coming the other way plus David James  :laugh:

LIVERPOOL'S prospective owners will announce their arrival at Anfield by making a sensational bid to recruit David Beckham.

Sheikh Maktoum's company Dubai International Capital is close to completing a £450million takeover of the club but it has been rocked by suggestions that the buy-out is merely a short-term, money-making exercise.

The new owners are keen to make sure that they are not seen as opportunists. A DIC source said: "We will make sure there is cash available for the ongoing strengthening of the playing squad.

And People Sport understands tha senior figures within the company see a bid for Beckham as the perfect way of highlighting their ambitions.

Real Madrid outcast Beckham can talk to other clubs from tomorrow and is available on a free transfer in the summer.

He has an offer on the table from Los Angeles Galaxy and New York Red Bulls and firm interest from a variety of Premiership and Serie A clubs,

Beckham, 31, is unlikely to make a decision until towards the end of the', season.

It seems unthinkable that the former Manchester United player, who is still a big fan of the club, would end his career at Anfield.

But Liverpool can almost certainly offer him Champions League football - and the perfect stage to prove Sir Alex Ferguson and Steve McClaren wrong.

Ferguson shocked the football world by selling Becks to Madrid and McClaren unceremoniously dumped him from the England set-up.

The option of Beckham staying in Madrid is shrinking by the day as Real boss Fabio Capello continues his recruitment of South American midfielders.

And while the prospect of a swansong in the USA appeals to him, Beckham still feels that he has a couple of years left at the highest level in Europe.

He could be the solution to Liverpool's problems on the right-hand side of midfield.

Jermaine Pennant has not been a success there and manager Rafa Benitez now seems to accept that Steven Gerrard's best position is in the centre of midfield.

And Beckham's marketability - he remains the best-known footballer in the Middle and Far East - would appeal to the Dubai ownership.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Sun Dec 31, 2006 12:24 pm

REINA KEY TO £25M SWOOP
FOOTBALL ARABS STIR UP ANFIELD SENSATION
By Alan Nixon

LIVERPOOL keeper Jose Reina is at the centre of a huge transfer headache for boss Rafa Benitez - and the key to a £40million-plus merry-go-round.

Valencia will only let star striker David Villa go to Anfield if they get Spaniard Reina as part of the deal.

Reina has been Liverpool's number one since he signed I for £6m in July 2005 and, although he has made some costly blunders, the boss wants to keep him if he can.

However Valencia will not play ball with £25m-rated Villa unless Reina is in the package, and that is driving Benitez to distraction.

He wants the deal now rather than next summer and is desperate to sign Villa and then sell Peter Crouch to Newcastle - the massive double deal first revealed in People Sport last Sunday.

Crouch would love a £7m switch to St James' Park, but that can only happen if Benitez ties up the deal for Villa.

Liverpool are considering what to do about Reina in the equation.

They have let Chris Kirkland go to Wigan and have loaned out Scott Carson to Charlton with a view to selling him. Benitez's spies have been asked to draw up a hit-list of goalkeeper targets.

Shock names under consideration include old boy David James, who's at Portsmouth.

James had a colourful career at Liverpool and made some famous :censored:-ups, but Benitez rates him the best English keeper around :D and would have no fears about going in for him.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill