Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Ciggy » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:47 pm

joko wrote:owen

Newcastle's Owen linked with cut-price Liverpool return
tribalfooball.com - November 11, 2006

Liverpool are being linked with Newcastle United striker Michael Owen.

The News of the World says Owen is still fighting to overcome a knee injury that required two ops and is unlikely to play a competitive game this term.

With the Geordies stuck in a survival battle near the foot of the Premiership, the prospect of them losing their ?16m striker, 26, is looming.

That could open the way for the England star to make an emotional return to his old club Liverpool.

If relegated, Newcastle would be unable to keep Owen because of the player's £120,000-a-week wages.

They might be forced to accept a knockdown price of around £6m - which will alert the Kop and other clubs.

Biggest load of sh.it Ive ever read in my life.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aaron » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:30 pm

Biggest load of sh.it Ive ever read in my life.

I certainly hope it isnt, i would love to see him back. Him and Crouch are a good partnership, or even him and Fowler like old times
City 'till I Die
Aaron

Postby floppo » Sun Nov 12, 2006 3:37 pm

Can't see Owen coming back, Newcastle won't be going down and they won't get rid of him.

Plus we should be giving the new strikers we've got a chance, Bellamy and Kuyt have not long been signed!
floppo

Postby dawson99 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 10:05 am

owens on 120k a week?
newcastle are just....brilliant :laugh: :laugh:
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:02 am

NOTW- says it all

speaking of bollox:

Valencia chief Carboni targets Liverpool No1 Reina

Valencia sports chief Amadeo Carboni is interested in Liverpool goalkeeper Pepe Reina.

Carboni has put Reina at the top of his shortlist of goalkeeper options as he considers shaking up their current shot-stopper stocks.

Santiago Canizares won't open new contract talks with Los Che until December, while the future of French youngster Ludovic Butelle remains in doubt.

AS says Reina is homesick and has struggled to adapt to life on Merseyside. This season's inconsistent campaign has also forced him to consider a return home.

Valencia and Liverpool enjoy an excellent relationship, with Momo Sissoko and Fernando Morientes having exchanged clubs in the last year.

The one stumbling block will be Reina's price-tag, though Carboni may seek to lower the fee by including a player in their offer.

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/cgi/NGoto/171275976?-11194

come on Sabre whats AS saying over there in spain about it.
Last edited by red37 on Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby joko » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:07 pm

Reds may target Livorno star

Nov 27 2006

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

HIGHLY-rated Italian goalkeeper Marco Amelia could become a Liverpool target next summer.

Amelia has claimed Liverpool are among a host of clubs trying to acquire his services.

The Reds could be back in the market for a keeper at the end of the season, as Jerzy Dudek's period on Merseyside comes to an end.

Livorno star Amelia is among those who have been considered and scouted, but it's premature to suggest Liverpool have already decided to move.

The Italian international is under contract with the Serie A outfit until the end of the season, but then he'll be free to 'do a Bosman'.

"There are several English clubs interested in me, especially Liverpool," Amelia told the Italian media. "I have agreed with (club owner Aldo) Spinelli to renew my contract but we have postponed the meeting until the new year."

The 24-year-old is also a target of AC Milan, who are willing to pay a reported £6m for Amelia.

Liverpool began the season with goalkeeper problems, after Scott Carson was sent on loan and Pepe Reina suffered a loss of form.

However, Reina's confidence has been restored in recent weeks, and Dudek remains an experienced back-up.
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:10 pm

joko wrote:Reds may target Livorno star

Nov 27 2006

By Chris Bascombe, Liverpool Echo

HIGHLY-rated Italian goalkeeper Marco Amelia could become a Liverpool target next summer.

Amelia has claimed Liverpool are among a host of clubs trying to acquire his services.

The Reds could be back in the market for a keeper at the end of the season, as Jerzy Dudek's period on Merseyside comes to an end.

Livorno star Amelia is among those who have been considered and scouted, but it's premature to suggest Liverpool have already decided to move.

The Italian international is under contract with the Serie A outfit until the end of the season, but then he'll be free to 'do a Bosman'.

"There are several English clubs interested in me, especially Liverpool," Amelia told the Italian media. "I have agreed with (club owner Aldo) Spinelli to renew my contract but we have postponed the meeting until the new year."

The 24-year-old is also a target of AC Milan, who are willing to pay a reported £6m for Amelia.

Liverpool began the season with goalkeeper problems, after Scott Carson was sent on loan and Pepe Reina suffered a loss of form.

However, Reina's confidence has been restored in recent weeks, and Dudek remains an experienced back-up.

blimey, we'll soon be able to field an entire outfield eleven of goalkeepers.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby kanoute » Fri Dec 01, 2006 2:02 pm

Chelsea scout Sevilla fullback Daniel Alves
tribalfooball.com - November 30, 2006

Chelsea are eyeing former Liverpool target Daniel Alves.
Blues chief Frank Arnesen, along with Chelsea's Spanish representative, Juan Sol, watched the Sevilla fullback in action against Valencia a fortnight ago.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has targeted right-back as the weakness in his team after losing faith with Paulo Ferreira.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=20160[B]
kanoute

Postby metalhead » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:49 pm

kanoute wrote:Chelsea scout Sevilla fullback Daniel Alves
tribalfooball.com - November 30, 2006

Chelsea are eyeing former Liverpool target Daniel Alves.
Blues chief Frank Arnesen, along with Chelsea's Spanish representative, Juan Sol, watched the Sevilla fullback in action against Valencia a fortnight ago.

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho has targeted right-back as the weakness in his team after losing faith with Paulo Ferreira.

http://www.tribalfootball.com/article.php?id=20160[B]

typical chelsea...eyeing other club's targets! :glare:

Does Mourinho have any imagination?
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bartzy » Sun Dec 03, 2006 5:10 pm

arent liverpool intersted in some madrid layer
de la red or something, i cant remember ???
COME ON YOU REDS
bartzy

Postby joko » Wed Dec 13, 2006 2:13 pm

from BBC

Toshack tips Reds to keep Bellamy
By Mandeep Sanghera

Wales manager John Toshack (left) and Wales and Liverpool striker Craig Bellamy
Toshack believes Bellamy is starting to show his international form at club level
Wales manager John Toshack does not expect Liverpool to sell striker Craig Bellamy in the January transfer window.

Bellamy has been linked with a swap deal involving Tottenham's Jermain Defoe, with West Ham also believed to want the Welsh international.

Bellamy only moved to the Reds in the summer and Toshack told BBC Sport: "It would be very unusual for something like that to happen so quickly.

"I would be very surprised if that was the case."

Bellamy has scored just five goals since his £6m switch from Blackburn but netted a brace and set a goal up for Dirk Kuyt in the recent 4-0 win over Wigan.

He now seems to be finding his feet at the Merseyside club after being cleared of an assault charge but Toshack is reluctant to highlight that as a factor for Bellamy showing signs of returning to some of his best form.

"I don't know if it's the court case being over," said Toshack. "It might have for the first game against Wigan but the last three games he has played for Wales he has been outstanding.

"I made him captain for the Slovakia game and against them, Cyprus and Liechtenstein he was outstanding and they were all before the court case.

"I think at a club like Liverpool it takes time to settle.

"Anfield is not like anywhere else and they have had a number of new players in there trying to settle in with the likes of Jermaine Pennant, Dirk Kuyt, Bellamy and Mark Gonzalez.

"It obviously takes a bit of time but certainly the game against Wigan was refreshing because he played that game the way that he has played the last three games for Wales."

Asked if he thought Bellamy had the ability to be a success at Liverpool, Toshack added: "No question about that."
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby Crouch888 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 2:06 pm

I have heard that Liverpool is interested in Reo Coker?

Is that true?

I want to ask

1. Do you think he is better than Xabi Alonso?

2. Do you think he is better thank Sissoko?
Crouch888

Postby metalhead » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:13 pm

Crouch888 wrote:I have heard that Liverpool is interested in Reo Coker?

Is that true?

I want to ask

1. Do you think he is better than Xabi Alonso?

2. Do you think he is better thank Sissoko?

If it is.. i don't want him

although he is a good player

1. He is sh*t compared to alonso

2. He is sh*t compared to sissoko
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:18 pm

Newcastle are trageting Crouch, apparently
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:58 pm

Reo Coker is cr@p compared to Diao if u ask me!!!

I do like how we are linked with the qpr chap tho, he looks like a good buy
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill