Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby metalhead » Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:01 pm

woohoo an arab in our team  :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:51 am

i read somewhere he was spotted at the same tournament/time as gabriel palleta.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Dundalk » Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:57 am

passmeistro_#14 wrote:tomas graveson anyone?

Ah, no!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:03 am

I think Gravesen would make good cover for CM now that Hamann is gone ! Zenden is a good player but is not the best defensively. would have liked it if we had signed a replacement for Hamann and now that all the other options are either unavailable or too expensive...Gravesen looks like the best we can do given our limited funds . I dont think he'll want to play for liverpool though.. i dont think Rafa would want to sign him either.... just thought he would make a good buy as he gives us more options in the bench and probably wont cost much!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 17, 2006 9:56 am

good step from GH, he's the one being responsible for his future's career :p  :D

Lyon are the latest club to be linked with out of favour Liverpool striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle. 
The French Under-21 international is understood to be surplus to requirements at Anfield, and has been told by Reds boss Rafael Benitez that he does not figure in his future plans. 

Spanish outfit Osasuna were keen on the player, whilst Blackburn Rovers intimated they would to take the forward on loan again. 
However, Sinama-Pongolle may relish the opportunity to work with Gerard Houllier again, and it appears that Lyon are favourites to land his signature.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 5:47 am

Spurs to bid £5M for Liverpool winger Kewell
tribalfooball.com - August 30, 2006

Tottenham are offering £5 million to Liverpool for injury-plagued winger Harry Kewell.

The Sun says White Hart Lane boss Martin Jol believes he can do a job for the Londoners and Kewell would welcome a move as his career has hit a stumbling block on Merseyside.

Liverpool are happy to get the player's �60,000-a-week contract off their wage bill and are seeking around £5 million for the attacker.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:38 am

anfieldadorer wrote:Spurs to bid £5M for Liverpool winger Kewell
tribalfooball.com - August 30, 2006

Tottenham are offering £5 million to Liverpool for injury-plagued winger Harry Kewell.

The Sun says White Hart Lane boss Martin Jol believes he can do a job for the Londoners and Kewell would welcome a move as his career has hit a stumbling block on Merseyside.

Liverpool are happy to get the player's �60,000-a-week contract off their wage bill and are seeking around £5 million for the attacker.

yea...read it on BBC sport too !
Dont think it will be happenning though ! With gonzales still unproven and Aurelio looking as cover for LB no more ! 
:idea
Lucas Neil ! mmmm..... starts to make sense.... but still, dont wanna see Kewell out of our squad anytime before the December window or Gonzales is proven ! he's stil our better left winger if you ask me .
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Aug 31, 2006 6:54 am

kewell is a nightmare to opponents when being 'normal', the thing is  rafa has just had enough of his being prone to injuries while his salary is not below average
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 31, 2006 7:01 am

I hope Kewell doesnt go to Spurs. He is a good player who I think could still hold down a first team place with Liverpool. His wages and injuries have been a burden, but why sell him now, (especially to Spurs)while he could still be our best option on the left. Gonzales is still adapting to the EPL and hasnt proven to me at least, that he is in the short term better than Kewell. His value will not drop if we keep him and he proves his fitness, and if he produces his best form he is a great asset to any team.
          I am begining to become concerned that Rafa is being forced to make his decisions from a solely financial viewpoint, rather than on a players footballing ability. Hopefully if we do sell Kewell, Rafa will prove me wrong by buying Alves and not Neill.
         Has anyone heard anything about the young scottish player we are supposedly interested in?
account deleted by request

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:18 am

I hope Kewell doesnt go to Spurs. He is a good player who I think could still hold down a first team place with Liverpool

I honestly dont think it will be a major loss to lose Kewell, I'm not doubting his abilities because on his day he actually is a very useful player :D . But taking into consideration the amount of money he takes a week off Liverpool and the little he gives in return, to me its a no brainer. FFS the club doctor would know him better than any of his teamates and manager do, then when he comes back it takes another ten games for him to get fit and then Alas! he gets injured again. With Kewell it seems like we go around in circles with him in one way or another.

And some people on this forum are willing to stick with Kewell who hasnt proved himself in the years he's been here, and call for a quick exit for Kromkamp after one game or so :laugh: (and S@int that wasnt aimed at you :) )
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:33 am

Bamaga man wrote:
I hope Kewell doesnt go to Spurs. He is a good player who I think could still hold down a first team place with Liverpool

I honestly dont think it will be a major loss to lose Kewell, I'm not doubting his abilities because on his day he actually is a very useful player :D . But taking into consideration the amount of money he takes a week off Liverpool and the little he gives in return, to me its a no brainer. FFS the club doctor would know him better than any of his teamates and manager do, then when he comes back it takes another ten games for him to get fit and then Alas! he gets injured again. With Kewell it seems like we go around in circles with him in one way or another.

And some people on this forum are willing to stick with Kewell who hasnt proved himself in the years he's been here, and call for a quick exit for Kromkamp after one game or so :laugh: (and S@int that wasnt aimed at you :) )

I must admit I tend to want to hang on to players in the faint hope that they will come good. I was the same with Morientes  :(  I keep hopeing against hope that Kewell will get fit and become the player he was at Leeds. I suppose a time comes when you have to say that they have had their chance, but im not sure if that time is here yet for Harry.

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:51 am

s@int wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:

I must admit I tend to want to hang on to players in the faint hope that they will come good. I was the same with Morientes  :(  I keep hopeing against hope that Kewell will get fit and become the player he was at Leeds. I suppose a time comes when you have to say that they have had their chance, but im not sure if that time is here yet for Harry.

Trust me mate I'm exactly the same about hanging on with faint hope. But now I realise,and with looking at the quality we have in our squad and Kewell churning up 40 or 50 grand a week. The scales have tipped way beyond faint hope for me now. The scales now say TIME TO SELL!!! TIME TO SELL!!!  :D
66-1112520797

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:02 am

Leons just said in the Kewell thread that Harrys failed his medical, so I presume he will be staying for now. One last chance, one last faint hope ?  :D

Postby 66-1112520797 » Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:05 am

s@int wrote:Leons just said in the Kewell thread that Harrys failed his medical, so I presume he will be staying for now. One last chance, one last faint hope ?  :D

:D

The thing is I remember saying the exact same thing around this time last season. Well I was harping on about " Given Kewell until December" then ship him out if he fails to deliever. But come the new year he put in a few decent performances
how wrong was I ?

???   :D
66-1112520797

Postby joko » Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:25 pm

owen

Newcastle's Owen linked with cut-price Liverpool return
tribalfooball.com - November 11, 2006

Liverpool are being linked with Newcastle United striker Michael Owen.

The News of the World says Owen is still fighting to overcome a knee injury that required two ops and is unlikely to play a competitive game this term.

With the Geordies stuck in a survival battle near the foot of the Premiership, the prospect of them losing their ?16m striker, 26, is looming.

That could open the way for the England star to make an emotional return to his old club Liverpool.

If relegated, Newcastle would be unable to keep Owen because of the player's £120,000-a-week wages.

They might be forced to accept a knockdown price of around £6m - which will alert the Kop and other clubs.
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill