Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby stmichael » Mon May 08, 2006 3:57 pm

this whole rumour about SWP is exactly why i can't stand chelsea. they signed him, merely to stop anybody else having him, let him rot on the bench for the whole season and then if we make a bid they'll just "refuse to sell to their rivals".

SWP has wasted his career going there and it was all blatantly manipulated by his agent. anyone could tell you that ian wright wanted him to go to arsenal but at the end of the day, his agent talked him into going to chelsea so he could get a better deal.

for what it's worth i think SWP is a cracking little player but whether he's wroth the £14m being touted around is debatable. you could get pennant for a snip of that price.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby tommycockles » Mon May 08, 2006 3:58 pm

I've just read on SSN that SWP hasn't been picked for our World cup squad (not even in the stand-bys). If this doesn't make him want to play regular football then i don't know what will!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 08, 2006 4:10 pm

stmichael wrote:this whole rumour about SWP is exactly why i can't stand chelsea. they signed him, merely to stop anybody else having him, let him rot on the bench for the whole season and then if we make a bid they'll just "refuse to sell to their rivals".

SWP has wasted his career going there and it was all blatantly manipulated by his agent. anyone could tell you that ian wright wanted him to go to arsenal but at the end of the day, his agent talked him into going to chelsea so he could get a better deal.

for what it's worth i think SWP is a cracking little player but whether he's wroth the £14m being touted around is debatable. you could get pennant for a snip of that price.

I would pay £14m for SWP. In today's market and with him being a young English player I would see that as an excellent investment. Our midfield would be awesome with him and Gonzales in it.

The future's bright, the future's red.

Can we not just go straight to next season rather than break off for the summer??   :rasp
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 08, 2006 4:46 pm

Very much a long shot but a possibility.....

Van Nistelrooy WILL leave Man Utd in the summer and has stated he wants to stay in England. I would gladly take him at Anfield. May cost a fair whack but he would do a great job for us. Him + SWP would satisfy my summers transfer activity.

Imagine the following team starting next season -

Reina

Riise
Carra
Sami
Finnan

Gonzo
Alonso
Sissoko
Gerrard
SWP

Van Nistelrooy

:D
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Redman in wales » Mon May 08, 2006 5:04 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:
stmichael wrote:this whole rumour about SWP is exactly why i can't stand chelsea. they signed him, merely to stop anybody else having him, let him rot on the bench for the whole season and then if we make a bid they'll just "refuse to sell to their rivals".

I would pay £14m for SWP. In today's market and with him being a young English player I would see that as an excellent investment. Our midfield would be awesome with him and Gonzales in it.

The future's bright, the future's red.

Can we not just go straight to next season rather than break off for the summer??   :rasp

I do agree with paying £14m for SWP. English and proven and alot less of a risk than Simao or Joaquin.

But Ive been saying it for a long time on here... Lennon. The man who edged SWP out of the england sqaud is surely worth a cheeky £14 bid. As good as SWP now, and 5 years younger... he will be awesome!!
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon May 08, 2006 6:22 pm

obefemi martins anyone  ???

Liverpool have made a move for Inter Milan striker Obefami Martins.

The Nigeria international was booed by home fans yesterday at the San Siro and has lost the confidence of coach Roberto Mancini after an indifferent campaign.

Newcastle United and Tottenham have already held talks with Inter about Martins’ situation, but have baulked at his £10 million price-tag.

Liverpool hope to clinch an agreement by offering cash plus Spain international Fernando Morientes in exchange.

Inter coach Mancini is keen to add a physical presence to play alongside Adriano and after receiving short shrift from Fiorentina last week after an approach for Luca Toni, will welcome Liverpool’s proposal.

built like an ox, if it happened would be a great addition.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby redsince2001 » Mon May 08, 2006 6:40 pm

how many goals has this inter player scored in the entire season....i think i hav seen him play and i'm waiting to be impressed?
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby mistyred » Mon May 08, 2006 6:44 pm

He's really good on pro evo better than Adriano :laugh:
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Mon May 08, 2006 7:09 pm

:rasp
Last edited by red37 on Mon May 08, 2006 7:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby 2520years » Wed May 10, 2006 11:54 am

From football.co.uk

Rafa ready to spend
Wednesday May 10 2006 11:31
Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez is preparing for another busy summer in the transfer market as he looks to mount a genuine title challenge next season.

The Spaniard has already signed 19 players during his two years at Anfield, but he is still not convinced his squad is strong enough to rip the Premiership crown away from Chelsea.

"This is a time when we must be careful with our decisions," said Benitez.

"When I talk with (chief executive) Rick Parry and the chairman (David Moores), they know we are closer now than we've been in a long time.

"They have more experience than me of what's happened at the club and they know we must be careful with new signings. We know the areas where we need to sign the right players.

"I know we can improve. That's the sensation I feel now. With the players we have, and by signing the right players, we will be better.

"Other clubs will be looking to improve, too, and we need to be aware of what they do to make sure if they improve their squad a little, we improve even more."

Benitez was delighted with the strides his team made in the season just finished, but admitted the final nine-point difference between Chelsea and the third-placed Reds was misleading.

He added: "The gap between ourselves and the top was nine points in the end, but that's not a very clear reflection because over the last games it's difficult to say Chelsea would have made the same selections if they'd needed the points.

"I never had a points target in mind at the start of the season. We just thought of improving with every game and correcting our mistakes.

"Every summer is important in terms of signing players, but now I know my team better and the qualities of every player, and we know what to do to keep one step ahead."

Is it just me, or does Rafa always talk sense?  I wonder which positions he wants to strengthen.  I would say Right Wing (as oppose to Right Midfield) and a striker, but I'm not sure it'll be that simple.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:37 pm

Just a tuppence worth, but it seems RB generally looks to Spain for the odd import here and there. Not to belittle Alonso or the occasional glimpse of brilliance (against Chelski) by Garcia, but I'd prefer to see an up-and-at-'em type player or players in LFC come next season. I've read a lot of rumours on this forum about who is linked with Liverpool, but I'd like to see a couple of strong tough-tackling - but talented - East Europeans at Anfield next year. Players who will get stuck in and take no prisoners, who can take a physical and skilful game to Chelski and Manure.....Anybody know of a solid romour of such a player(s) ?
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby GLB1 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:58 pm

I guess there is a place for Igor Biscan after all HAhahahah *sarcasm*
GLB1

Postby stmichael » Wed May 10, 2006 1:41 pm

red37 wrote:obefemi martins anyone  ???

Liverpool have made a move for Inter Milan striker Obefami Martins.

The Nigeria international was booed by home fans yesterday at the San Siro and has lost the confidence of coach Roberto Mancini after an indifferent campaign.

Newcastle United and Tottenham have already held talks with Inter about Martins’ situation, but have baulked at his £10 million price-tag.

Liverpool hope to clinch an agreement by offering cash plus Spain international Fernando Morientes in exchange.

Inter coach Mancini is keen to add a physical presence to play alongside Adriano and after receiving short shrift from Fiorentina last week after an approach for Luca Toni, will welcome Liverpool’s proposal.

built like an ox, if it happened would be a great addition.

decent player but not prolific enough.

we need a 20-25 goal a season striker.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby dawson99 » Wed May 10, 2006 1:45 pm

we gotta go for david villa. i think hes gonna have a stonkingly good world cup and his price will sky rocket
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Wed May 10, 2006 2:43 pm

I agree... David Villa ticks all the boxes in my book.. Young Skillful and Deadly..  Anything under 15 Mill will be seen as a bargain after the world cup. If Spain go far in the World Cup he will be in for a chance at the Golden boot.
GLB1

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill