Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 2520years » Sun Apr 30, 2006 6:33 pm

I just thought it was worth a mention as I saw it in the Sunday Express.  Don't blame me, my wife says get any paper that hasn't got Diana on the front!
:D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:11 pm

Kukilon wrote:I know we aint really in the market for another central midfielder but why not try to fetch Ballack on a free this summer. Real Madrid wants him but I can't see how someone would want to go there at the moment. That way we could play with Gerrad or Ballack as an attacking middfielder just behind a lone striker the way Rafa wants to play.

Real Madrid is going to clear out a bunch of players this summer if things doesn't get better and they will probably want to get rid of Baptista which would be a great player for the EPL. Big, strong, quite fast and good in the air and he always hustles. He scored 50 goals last two seasons but it hasn't worked out that good in Real Madrid. He won't cost that much if they want to get rid of him.

Bcause chealski are offering him a 215k a week deal and we can't!
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby redsince2001 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 7:21 pm

Ballack that is.
"we were a family club. There was no ‘them and us’ attitude, it was just ‘us’. "-Kenny Daglish
redsince2001
LFC Super Member

Postby farmer_gerrard » Tue May 02, 2006 8:14 pm

giuly is awful im sorry amazing pace and all that but misses too much and kromkamp should go he is just not a good player
farmer_gerrard

Postby joko » Sat May 06, 2006 1:19 pm

Sergio Aguero is not yet 18 but the likes of Real Madrid and Liverpool are already on his tail. Bryan Sanchez profiles the latest teenage sensation to come out of South America.

There is a trend that is rapidly growing in the world of football today and threatens to make dreams come true but can very easily be taken away in a second.

The ‘teenage sensation’ is something that football fans from every country around the world talk about. Every year there’s always one to come through clubs ranks that could one day grace the international stage. There are many that have been touted around as ‘the next big thing’ and will most probably feature at the 2010 World Cup.

Freddy Adu of the USA, Theo Walcott of England, John Obi Mikel of Nigeria; but there is a little lesser know Argentinean who has taken the Argentinean league by storm over the past two years, and he isn’t even 18 yet!

Born on the 2nd of June 1988 Sergio Aguero burst onto the scene in 2003 as the youngest ever player to play in Argentina’s top league at 15 years, one month and three days old.

Nicknamed ‘Kun’ after a Japanese cartoon he watched when he was younger; the number ‘10’ Independiente teenager has had a very eventful first couple of years in his football career.

The little striker has turned some heads and has even got the great Diego Maradona to conclude that Aguero is his successor (D’Alessandro, Riquelme, and Messi anyone?) but add to that his amazing performances at the under-20 World Cup of 2003 in Holland, as well as some outstanding individual goals at club level and the boy does look a bit special.

Several big name clubs are in the hunt for the forward. Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Villarreal have all expressed their interest and are willing to pay around the region of £14m, though Aguero's dream is to join Liverpool

His record this season is impressive too for somebody so young. He has started every game this season managing a goal every other game: 13 games, six goals as well as a good assists tally.

While many talented south American teenagers tend to move to Italy, Spain or France to further their career, Aguero is probably the first to actually say he would prefer to play in the English Premiership. Before all the Chelsea fans start getting excited it isn’t the Blues he is linked with but Liverpool.

Aguero is a big Liverpool fan and has openly said he would be prepared to move to Anfield. Several other big name clubs are in the hunt for the forward. Bayern Munich, Real Madrid, Barcelona, and Villarreal have all expressed their interest and are willing to pay around the region of £14m.

Whether or not Aguero moves continents this summer, one thing is for sure: he will be in the full national team before the age of 20 and that big summer move to Europe is definitely on the cards. Whether or not he is next Maradona is another thing and only time will tell. Sergio ‘Kun’ Aguero is a name not forget, and let's just hope he doesn’t end up on loan at Portsmouth one day!
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby red_indian » Sun May 07, 2006 12:08 pm

sunday people today reporting that Rafa may let Harry Kewell leave in the summer to Valencia for £4m (http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html)

personally i think they are just making up a story given Gonazalez looks to be on his way here and on the face of it looks like we have too many left wingers including Zenden, Riise if necessary etc. But i think Rafa knows there is much more to come from Harry and that he can play several different positions including on the problem right flank if needed.
red_indian

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun May 07, 2006 1:32 pm

red_indian wrote:sunday people today reporting that Rafa may let Harry Kewell leave in the summer to Valencia for £4m (http://www.people.co.uk/sport/football/ ... _page.html)

personally i think they are just making up a story given Gonazalez looks to be on his way here and on the face of it looks like we have too many left wingers including Zenden, Riise if necessary etc. But i think Rafa knows there is much more to come from Harry and that he can play several different positions including on the problem right flank if needed.

great. after making him one of the best wingers in england if not world after being recovered from ages of injury, then sell him cheaply!
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby -Rafa- » Sun May 07, 2006 6:12 pm

We've been linked with Raul :(

Also Defoe and Guily, although Giuly's age my be a let down

Chimbonda has handed in a transfer request at Wigan so we may well get him
Last edited by -Rafa- on Sun May 07, 2006 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Rafa-

Postby joko » Mon May 08, 2006 9:09 am

it's probably cr@p, and if true, 14 sounds to much, doesn't it?

Newspaper reports today claim that Liverpool are lining up a £14million bid for Chelsea winger Shaun-Wright Phillips.

Having made only 15 starts for Jose Mourinho this season since his £21million move from Manchester City last year, there are suggestions that the player is looking for a new challenge.

It's not the first time that the Reds have been linked with the pacey winger but if he does become available, persuading Chelsea to sell to us would prove difficult.

Ultimately though, if we did make a move and the player did want to join us, then there's little Chelsea could do, especially if we meet the asking price that they circulate around interested
ImageImage Image
joko
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Mon May 08, 2006 9:18 am

It would be better to put a link to your source joko (if that is your real name).
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby dawson99 » Mon May 08, 2006 10:09 am

the source is the mirror i heard os sky sports news this morning.
but why would cheatski sella  player they brought for 22 million to their biggest rivals (yes, we are the threat) for an 8 million loss?

the chimbonda saga is gonna go on and on. wigan paid about 500k for him and have put a 6 million tag on his head. the chairman has said that if he doesnt get the asking price then chimbonda can rot in the reserves.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon May 08, 2006 10:22 am

Even though Maureen claims we're not rivals (because his team have got x number of points more than us over the last two seasons), we clearly are.  Maybe he should put his transfer policy where his mouth is, and let us have him at market value.  Personally, I reckon he could improve the balance of our team, and the pace in midfield.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 08, 2006 11:30 am

There is no doubt in my mind that SWP would be a f*ckin great signing for us. Would put to bed the issue of who plays right wing and let Rafa concentrate on securing the services of a striker! I would then settle for that as our action in the transfer window.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby tommycockles » Mon May 08, 2006 3:21 pm

HacksawJimDuggin wrote:There is no doubt in my mind that SWP would be a f*ckin great signing for us. Would put to bed the issue of who plays right wing and let Rafa concentrate on securing the services of a striker! I would then settle for that as our action in the transfer window.

Completely agree with you there. SWP would be a great buy for us and althoug Maureen wouldn't want to sell to us- if the player refuses to go to a :censored: team then he'd be forced to sell to whoever's willing to buy. I don't think even Chelsea would keen hold of him if he's put in a transfer request- an 8m loss (if 14m is the accepted price) isn't too much for Chelsea who happily let players go on a free after spending loads on them!!
tommycockles
LFC Super Member

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Mon May 08, 2006 3:57 pm

SWP will be livid with Maureen/Chelsea now that he has been left out of the World Cup squad!! I think we could have him signed up sooner rather than later.
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill