Latest transfer rumor

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Kukilon » Mon Feb 27, 2006 2:53 pm

I know we aint really in the market for another central midfielder but why not try to fetch Ballack on a free this summer. Real Madrid wants him but I can't see how someone would want to go there at the moment. That way we could play with Gerrad or Ballack as an attacking middfielder just behind a lone striker the way Rafa wants to play.

Real Madrid is going to clear out a bunch of players this summer if things doesn't get better and they will probably want to get rid of Baptista which would be a great player for the EPL. Big, strong, quite fast and good in the air and he always hustles. He scored 50 goals last two seasons but it hasn't worked out that good in Real Madrid. He won't cost that much if they want to get rid of him.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Apr 20, 2006 2:26 pm

Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez is reportedly monitoring the contractual situation of Ludovic Giuly at Barcelona.

The Frenchman scored the crucial goal in the 1-0 victory in the UEFA Champions League semi-final in Milan this week but has not been a regular starter under Frank Rijkaard.

Although keen to remain in Catalunya, the 29-year-old has been unable to agree a two-year extension to his contract, with Barca believed to only be prepared to offer another year to his present deal, which expires in 2007.

French daily L'Equipe claims Benitez is a great admirer of Giuly's talents and will await any developments regarding the contract negotiations.

Lyon, Monaco, Galatasaray, Internazionale and Rangers are also said to be ready to enter any chase for his signature, if they are given the green light in the summer.

The former Monaco star has not given up hope of representing France at the World Cup finals this summer as he strives for Champions League glory with Barca after making such an impact against Milan.

Liverpool will certainly be in the market for new blood during the close season and Benitez will be busy drawing up his transfer plans.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Apr 23, 2006 5:09 pm

Leandro Daniel Somoza

Reds agree deal to sign Argentina ace   

Liverpool have agreed a deal for Argentina midfielder Leandro Daniel Somoza who will sign for a fee in the region of £2million.
The highly-rated midfielder currently plays his football with Argentine outfit Velez Sarsfield but will arrive at Anfield in time for the start of next season.

Rafael Benitez has been tracking the 24-year-old for some time and believes he will add more quality to his midfield as the Reds boss looks to try and close the gap on Chelsea next season.

The arrival of Somoza could spell the end of Dietmar Hamann who could now be forced to look for another club when the transfer window opens.

Somoza will be the first of many arrivals at Anfield this summer as Benitez looks to strengthen all areas of his squad.

eatsleepsport.com
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:21 am

Liverpool to sign Parma defender
24th Apr 2006

By Staff Writer

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is being urged to sign Parma defender, Daniele Bonera by the player himself.

The 24 year old told the News of the World:

"Joining Liverpool is an experience which I would like to try out. I'm convinced it would be very useful for me. I've always liked the English style."

The paper claims that Liverpool scouts have watched Bonera this season and that he could be available at a bargain price with just over a year left on his current contract.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:22 am

Liverpool to bid for Wigan full-back
24th Apr 2006

By Staff Writer

Liverpool are set to launch a £1.4 million bid for Wigan full-back, Pascal Chimbonda according to reports in the Sunday press.

The Sunday Mirror claims that Rafa Benitez is set to test Wigan's resolve to keep the player following rumours of an exit from the JJB.

Chimbonda had been linked with a move to Manchester United where he is reported to have impressed Sir Alex Ferguson with his displays this season following his £300,000 move from Bastia last year.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Apr 24, 2006 9:43 am

J3sus, looks like were gonna have a whole new starting eleven from these reports :D
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:02 am

Ludovic Giuly will decide his future at the end of the season but insists he wishes to end his career with Barcelona if they can make a deal on his terms. Guily’s current deal ends in June 2007 and he wishes to have two addition years.

Guily is also reported to be of interest to Rafa Benitez. However, he insists Benitez has not phoned him yet, but maybe he will do it soon.

"Did Benitez call me?" said Giuly in L'Equipe.

"Not yet.

"Maybe he will do it soon - if you say so.

"I have offers from France and elsewhere.

"But the question will not be topical before the end of the season for me.

"I am fine at Barca, where I would like to finish my career.

"For that, I need a contract extension, as mine will end in June, 2007. But I will sign with my conditions, which are two additional years.

"If the club trusts me, they will accept or we will negotiate.

"We will have to talk in 10 or 15 days."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Thu Apr 27, 2006 11:30 am

Giuly would be a great addition to the squad but he's 30 years old. (somewhere around that number anyways)

I'd think Rafa would look to build a team for the future and should Giuly sign, it would only be short-term. Obviously most players dont usually perform as well as they used to when they were young and the wages he would demand.. Just think of it.. I think Rafa wouldnt take too big of a gamble.

His decision to sign an ageing Zenden still mystifies me..
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:55 pm

Anti-hero,

I agree with you to a certain degree but feel that 2 years out of Giuly would assist us immensely. He is a class act. His arrival would signal the end of Zenden @ Anfield though!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby 2520years » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:26 am

Kromkamp to Ajax for £3m according to the Sunday Express (he cost us £2m).
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby anti-hero » Sun Apr 30, 2006 8:28 am

source?
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 72-1146193975 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 9:21 am

2520years wrote:Kromkamp to Ajax for £3m according to the Sunday Express (he cost us £2m).

i dont think rafa will sell Kromkamp.
He's played well so far this season and is the only reliable back-up to finnan
72-1146193975

Postby dawson99 » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:03 am

ive heard the kronkamp rumour as well. good news is ive also heard gonzales say next season ALL he wants in the world is to play for us
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sun Apr 30, 2006 2:59 pm

2520years wrote:Kromkamp to Ajax for £3m according to the Sunday Express (he cost us £2m).

wasn't kromkamp a swap deal with josemi? so no fee included?  :Oo:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dmf » Sun Apr 30, 2006 3:47 pm

metalhead wrote:

wasn't kromkamp a swap deal with josemi? so no fee included?  :Oo:

Kromkamp was a swap deal but josemi cost us 2mil so if you look at it that way he did cost us 2mil. I dont think he will be goin anywhere but maybe Rafa feels he can bring in someone better for 3mil
dmf

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill