Kromkamp will go - Okay?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby GLB1 » Mon May 01, 2006 11:03 pm

If it is true..  Can only be good for us..

Kromkamp and Zenden to Ajax for Huntelaar + Cash..  I could handle that..

If not take the 3 mill and through in a bid for Dario Srna who can easily play RM or RB and cover for Finnan.

Kromkamp has been steady...  But nothing amazing...
GLB1

Postby anti-hero » Tue May 02, 2006 1:49 am

GLB1 wrote:If it is true..  Can only be good for us..

If not take the 3 mill and through in a bid for Dario Srna who can easily play RM or RB and cover for Finnan.

He doesnt have to be "amazing".

Finnan's strength lies in his consistency.

And it is those kind of performances that fans love and greatly appreciate.

Finnan has been a rock the whole season.

It obviously isnt gonna be easy for Kromkamp to break into the first team but if he plays at the level Finnan plays, every game that he's given a chance, the supposed 2 million pounds Liverpool paid for him is going to be worth every single penny.

Like Finnan, Kromkamp isnt fancy.

But they get the job done.

And THAT is all that matters.
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby TheoRacle » Tue May 02, 2006 6:14 am

darwisigila wrote:

UserGrant115
LFC newBie

Posted: May 01 2006,13:55 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wow thats shocking!!!
They have only just sighned the poor bugger and now they are selling him again!... thats bad i would NOT do that i think he is a very very class player and he can play in these following places:
Striker
Midfield
Defender
Not alot of players can do that.

are u chelshite or manure fan? ????

I reckon he's a Cheatski fan personally.

5 posts of complete drivel so far.... with one saying Terry has no brain for football. Classic 'attack your favourite player to get in with the enemy ruse' for my two cents....

Ignore him perhaps he'll go away.  :D
"My Maserati does one eighty five - I lost my license, now I don't drive..."
TheoRacle
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Tue May 02, 2006 7:41 am

anti-hero wrote:
GLB1 wrote:If it is true..  Can only be good for us..

He doesnt have to be "amazing".

Finnan's strength lies in his consistency.

And it is those kind of performances that fans love and greatly appreciate.

Finnan has been a rock the whole season.

It obviously isnt gonna be easy for Kromkamp to break into the first team but if he plays at the level Finnan plays, every game that he's given a chance, the supposed 2 million pounds Liverpool paid for him is going to be worth every single penny.

Like Finnan, Kromkamp isnt fancy.

But they get the job done.

And THAT is all that matters.

I like how you used Finnan to support your Kromkamp argument hahaha

But I agree.. I never said ship him off as quickly as possible. I like the look of Kromkamp too and think he is already a usefull utility player for the squad.

What I was trying to say is If it is true that we are shipping him off to Ajax I wouldnt lose any sleep over it as I would hope Rafa would have a plan to either use him as bait for Huntelaar or replacing him with another quality RB. Either way it will be a win win situation for us as on the field he is much much better than Josemi and in the transfer market he is a lot more valuable then Josemi.

Only thing I disagree with you is where you say Finnan gets the job done, To me he gets the job done and a lot lot more so I would call Finnan amazing,  Kromkamp Steady :P
GLB1

Postby HacksawJimDuggin » Tue May 02, 2006 11:15 am

Maybe Kromkamp want's to leave!! He must look at Finnan and think, barring injury, he ain't going to get into the 1st team for the foreseeable future. He is a young guy who has ambitions of playing for Holland. Maybe he would be better served elsewhere. I would back that up by saying that I believe Rafa will go for a 3-5-2 formation next season. Not every game but far more regularly then he does now. That would see Kromkamps opportunities even more limited. If we can make a £1m profit on the guy I would sell him for £3m!
HacksawJimDuggin
LFC Super Member

Postby Sabre » Tue May 02, 2006 11:49 am

I think the lad deserves to stay, I watched him confident against Villa, and helped in attack slightly more than Finnan. It's difficult to stay on the bench some weeks and  do well when given a chance (ask Traore), so I think he's proven to be more than decent. Good deal the one that we downloaded Josemi and we got Kronkamp. I don't think we're going to find any better than him in the market, if we were going to spend a big sum for a RB, it would be in order to get a starting eleven RB and sit down Finnan, and that's not the case, because that part of the pitch have been solid all the season. I'm OK with the two RB we have atm.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Tue May 02, 2006 1:09 pm

He's shown more than enough to stay here IMO - whether he's happy with the opportunities he is getting is another question, but he's 4yrs younger than Finnan and looks a good option.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Wed May 10, 2006 4:32 am

Isn't Finnan 32? He won't play forever, you know!

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GLB1 » Wed May 10, 2006 9:43 am

Finnan is 30 this year :)
GLB1

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed May 10, 2006 12:31 pm

Stevie Finnan is the dog's b0ll0x, the cat's pyjamas, the pig's m1ckey etc....Maybe I'm biased, but I have yet to see him put in a bad or below-par performance for club or country....And If Kronkamp is to get in ahead of Finnan, it'll be because a) Finnan is injured, b) Finnan is playing below par (unlikely in the extreme, though even Stevie G has a bad day occasionally), or c) he has been abducted by little green men (more likely than b, I have to say !)....Were I Kronkamp, because he's young, I'd probably leave too, but I'd still like to see him have a few games to show what he can really do...
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby 2520years » Wed May 10, 2006 12:38 pm

I reckon he's an ideal understudy to Finnan.  Not least because he can also cover right midfield.  I hope he stays, but who knows what Rafa has in mind.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 73-1141222089 » Fri May 12, 2006 3:37 pm

He deserves to stay based on the performances he's put in to date...... He's not Finnan by a long shot but then again who is these days? He's a good understudy and has proven to be reliable when called upon...... Unless he wants to go to get 1st team action, don't think that Rafa would ship him out for a measly profit...... Of course, if the boss has lined up someone better........  then who knows....
73-1141222089

Postby Reinas No.1 Fan » Fri May 12, 2006 3:45 pm

I thought he looked really good, he wasnt going to replace finnan but he was still a good and versitile player.
Liverpool FC
Reinas No.1 Fan
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill