Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Tue May 13, 2008 8:57 pm

Whats that sign on the passenger seat of PB´s car........ NO DOGS ??

I like the lad´s style.  :laugh:
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Tue May 13, 2008 9:11 pm

Well at least there is no way of his price going up in the summer as there is no England lol
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri May 16, 2008 6:38 pm

Sabre wrote:
You're still smaller than the Mancs and Chelsea, remember that.

:laugh: is this English humour or something?

Well villa consider themselves a big club and I've just been doing some stats on top four finishes (after Keegan said the big four were making the Premiership boring) and little villa have only finished in the top four FIVE times in the past 38 seasons. We top that particular table with 30 top four finishes, the mancs have about 25 and Arsenal 22 (from memory)

And the bitters have only managed it eight times, that I found quite funny bearing in mind a lot of them think they'd have won the European Cup but for Heysel. And lids who've been up, down, round and round have nine so the bitters are arguably smaller than lids.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Fri May 16, 2008 6:58 pm

Keegan makes a valid point - in the last 12 years only 6 clubs have made top 3 in England. Hardly displays the strength in depth of the prem. As Torres said, the top 4 in England are as good as any, the rest not so much.
account deleted by request

Postby peterc1992 » Fri May 16, 2008 6:59 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:

In terms of trophies won, actually we aren't. We are bigger than everyone else.

The point is that even IF you were right (which you aren't) about Liverpool being smaller than Manure and Chavski, we are all (plus Arsenal) a million times bigger than boring old Aston Villa.

Not nice when other clubs try and tap up your best players,

It's not "other clubs" tapping up your best players.

It's a "better club" enquiring about the possibility of a player being available for negotiations.

imagine how gutted you would be if Chelsea tapped up torres and Milan tapped up Gerrard.

We would laugh, because neither player would accept such a transfer.

personally I hope you keep both of them.

We will.

I have nothing against Liverpool, they've just (something) me up by trying to steal Barry for peanuts.

Business is business.

I heard it was £2million and Riise or Finnan.

You heard wrong.

Patrik Berger For Mayor Of Birmingham!!!!!

exactly wat i was thinkin,your man has it all wrong
emlyn hughes:"liverpool are magic,everton are tragic"
peterc1992
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Sat May 17, 2008 4:04 am

Cant Barry make up his mind already.  How difficult is it to choose between a top side and a mid table team?  He should be given another week and if he doesn't sign then he can :censored: off.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby crazyhorse » Sat May 17, 2008 5:12 am

ruskiy playmaker wrote:Cant Barry make up his mind already.  How difficult is it to choose between a top side and a mid table team?  He should be given another week and if he doesn't sign then he can :censored: off.

I think it is commendable that Barry is thinking this through, and showing loyalty to his club. Remember he grew up there and has been a Villa Player for donkeys years. It is a wrench for him to go, so if he chooses to come to Anfield it is a major compliment to us.

To put things into perspective, for him I see the emotional wrench being pretty similar to that Steven Gerrard faced when he was on the verge of going to the chavs - he went with his heart. Barry does not have the comfort of already being at a world class club though and that may make all the difference.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 18, 2008 2:23 pm

It's a few days old, but it's Rafa on Barry/O'neill.

Link
LFC2007

Postby zarababe » Sun May 18, 2008 3:18 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:

:D  :laugh: what a ludicrous statement -  :laugh: even if you are angry do you honestly believe that? with the forthcoming CL and both the Mancs and Chavski can't sell their allocations..and in terms of trophies won and European Champions reputation - no one is worthy of 'licking ' our boots...  :buttrock
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Sun May 18, 2008 3:19 pm

i still think 10 million is a LOT for Barry. If Villa want anymore i think we should tell them to do one.  Barry wants to play in the champions league and he won't get that at Villa, no matter how well O'Neil does he won't get them that high.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon May 19, 2008 8:13 am

7_Kewell wrote:i still think 10 million is a LOT for Barry. If Villa want anymore i think we should tell them to do one.  Barry wants to play in the champions league and he won't get that at Villa, no matter how well O'Neil does he won't get them that high.

michael carrick - 14 million
owen hargreaves - 17 million

gareth barry - 10 million... worth it...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barry is staying » Mon May 19, 2008 3:53 pm

Here is the latest offer, to be honest I don't want either Crouch or Carson at Villa, their are better strikers and better keepers available, without losing our best player

According to the Daily Mirror, Liverpool are willing to exchange Peter Crouch andgoalkeeper Scott Carson in exchange for Aston Villa's England midfielder Gareth Barry.

Rafa Benitez has been upfront about his desire to take Barry to Anfield, where he would link up with his good friend Steven Gerrard, the Reds' captain.

The player-exchange deal is apparently seen by Benitez as a hopefully more attractive offer than the £10 million bid for Barry which Liverpool had rejected last month.

However, Villa manager Martin O'Neill has been adamant when talking about his wish to keep Barry at Villa Park, and he seems in highly determined mood on the subject.

On the other hand, both ex-Villan Crouch, and Carson - the keeper on loan to Villa from Liverpool - have been linked with moves to the West Midlands club in recent weeks.

But are both together a big enough lure to tempt O'Neill into reluctantly parting with Barry?
Barry is staying

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon May 19, 2008 4:14 pm

Barry is staying wrote:But are both together a big enough lure to tempt O'Neill into reluctantly parting with Barry?

???
u will be lucky to get them that cheap
maypaxvobiscum

Postby redmikey » Mon May 19, 2008 5:40 pm

o neil is a cheeky little spud munchin tw@t to say barry is worth 18 mill and that carson is over priced at 10 mill

i wouldn't be far wrong in guessing they have the same amount of england caps, if this was any other club we would be talking about barry plus cash for a england striker that grabbed his goals quicker than owen when given a shout

drives me nuts that we are seen as the club with cap in hand
redmikey
LFC Super Member

Postby King Carra » Mon May 19, 2008 5:40 pm

Barry is staying wrote:Here is the latest offer, to be honest I don't want either Crouch or Carson at Villa, their are better strikers and better keepers available, without losing our best player

According to the Daily Mirror, Liverpool are willing to exchange Peter Crouch andgoalkeeper Scott Carson in exchange for Aston Villa's England midfielder Gareth Barry.

Rafa Benitez has been upfront about his desire to take Barry to Anfield, where he would link up with his good friend Steven Gerrard, the Reds' captain.

The player-exchange deal is apparently seen by Benitez as a hopefully more attractive offer than the £10 million bid for Barry which Liverpool had rejected last month.

However, Villa manager Martin O'Neill has been adamant when talking about his wish to keep Barry at Villa Park, and he seems in highly determined mood on the subject.

On the other hand, both ex-Villan Crouch, and Carson - the keeper on loan to Villa from Liverpool - have been linked with moves to the West Midlands club in recent weeks.

But are both together a big enough lure to tempt O'Neill into reluctantly parting with Barry?

I think that's a fair offer. Maybe if anything you're getting the better end of the deal, but hey, that's football.

I can understand how much you don't want Barry to leave, but looking at it realistically do you think you'll be able to offer barry Champions League football within the next couple of years? I'm sure even a very optimistic Villa fan would say no. Barry obviously has Villa at heart and even if he does move, I hope your fans still respect him but sometimes players have got to be greedy and move on to further their careers.

Of course that doesn't always happen if your name is Michael Owen.  :D
King Carra

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill