Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Owzat » Sun May 11, 2008 6:20 pm

crazyhorse wrote:he adds to the squad = good siging for us!

We don't need more depth of squad, we need a quality second striker to partner Torres, a winger for either side and arguably both full backs sorting before we go signing more CMs. And no way should we be paying £10m+ for a former LB, for £10m I'd want one of the best LBs around.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sun May 11, 2008 8:56 pm

Interview with O'neill on Barry/Rafa.

LINK

P!ssed off would be the best way to sum up his manner.
LFC2007

Postby SundanceKid » Sun May 11, 2008 10:15 pm

Villa need Barry. And if we sign Barry, he won't be getting as much playing time. I can see why O'Neill is not interested
Last edited by SundanceKid on Sun May 11, 2008 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool red"
SundanceKid

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 12, 2008 3:06 pm

We're in clear over Gareth Barry - Rafa Benitez

May 12 2008

by James Pearce, Liverpool Echo

RAFA BENITEZ insists Liverpool have done everything by the book in their bid to sign Aston Villa skipper Gareth Barry.

Villa manager Martin O’Neill has accused the Reds boss of showing a lack of respect towards the Midlands club.

O’Neill dismissed the £10million offer as derisory and slammed Benitez for insinuating there had been ongoing discussions to offload the 27-year-old England midfielder.

“I think the right approach when you want to sign a player is to talk to the manager,” Benitez said. “I was talking to Martin O’Neill, I said we would like to sign Gareth Barry and asked what the situation was.

“He just said he needed to talk to the owner and I said okay. He will not have any problems with his supporters because he never said to me he wanted to sell Barry.

Story continues Continue story
ADVERTISEMENT

“We were also talking about Scott Carson because they have the option to sign him.

“We were just talking about football so why he was so angry I do not know.

“I’ve been very clear. The player had said before he wanted to play Champions League football. We knew that and so tried to sign a good player. It’s that simple.

“If your captain wants to leave, it’s a problem but that’s football.”

http://icliverpool.icnetwork.co.uk/0500liv....ge.html
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 12, 2008 3:23 pm

From Times Online
May 12, 2008
Martin O'Neill to hold talks with Gareth Barry in next 48 hours

Martin O'Neill is to join forces with Randy Lerner, the Aston Villa owner, in a bid to persuade Gareth Barry to snub Liverpool and remain with the Midlands club. Villa have already rejected one £10 million bid from Anfield and there has been a war of words between O'Neill and Rafael Benitez over the possible deal.

The England midfielder is understood to be edging closer to the Villa Park exit door after ten seasons, but the Aston Villa manager will make one last bid to keep hold of him with talks in the next 48 hours.

"I wouldn't want to be saying how confident we are [of keeping Barry]," O'Neill said. "It's a different era we live in. We will see. All I know is he has never expressed one iota of unhappiness in my time at Villa Park. He might not have stayed that long had he been really unhappy before.

"We're going to be sitting down very shortly and discussing Gareth's future. We won't let this lie. I'm going to see the chairman in the next couple of days with a bit of luck and the two of us together might be able to persuade him to stay. I say persuade him - but he still has two years left on his contract.

"He has been particularly brilliant for us. We want to improve the team and our best chance of doing that is to keep our best players and adding some quality."

Despite the speculation surrounding Barry, O'Neill has vowed to make Villa an even more formidable force this summer after narrowly missing out on automatic qualification for next season's Uefa Cup.

"We've ended the season with 60 points and in most years that would have been enough to qualify automatically for Europe. Last season we would have walked it and even seventh place got automatically into Europe 12 months ago. So from that aspect it's disappointing but it shouldn't mask the fact that we've come on leaps and bounds from last season.

"To do it with the smallest squad in the Premier League has made it particularly impressive but that's something we would want to address in the summer. We've generally been lucky with injuries and would have struggled to cope had we experienced the problems some other clubs have had with injuries. And it is not rocket science to point out the squad as it stands would not be strong enough in depth to compete in Europe."

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol....747.ece
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 12, 2008 4:04 pm

Its up to barry now.

This reminds me of steven gerrard's case 4 years ago
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon May 12, 2008 4:11 pm

TBH , i don't think he will leave , same reason why stevie did not leave us
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Mon May 12, 2008 4:11 pm

Barry will stay with Villa.

It's always been his dream to play in the Intercity125toto Cup.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon May 12, 2008 4:14 pm

Toffeehater wrote:TBH , i don't think he will leave , same reason why stevie did not leave us

I have the same feeling mate
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon May 12, 2008 5:30 pm

The Manhattan Project wrote:Barry will stay with Villa.

It's always been his dream to play in the Intercity125toto Cup.

thats the inter-two-bob cup
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Barry is staying » Tue May 13, 2008 12:07 pm

Emerald Red wrote:
Barry is staying wrote:You're still smaller than the Mancs and Chelsea, remember that.

What the fuck!

With this post, you have just revealed that you, along with the rest of most other lesser teams with plastic fans (Chelsea and United) that you don't have a f*cking clue about football. If you're going to post on a Liverpool related site, get a clue first, son.

Plastic, at least I'm a brummie supporting my local team, you have more cockney fans than the mancs.

Barry is staying wrote:You're still smaller than the Mancs and Chelsea, remember that.

What the fuck!

With this post, you have just revealed that you, along with the rest of most other lesser teams with plastic fans (Chelsea and United) that you don't have a f*cking clue about football. If you're going to post on a Liverpool related site, get a clue first, son.

Plastic, at least I'm a brummie supporting my local team, you have more cockney fans than the mancs.
Barry is staying

Postby Barry is staying » Tue May 13, 2008 12:12 pm

Not nice when other clubs try and tap up your best players, imagine how gutted you would be if Chelsea tapped up torres and Milan tapped up Gerrard. personally I hope you keep both of them. I have nothing against Liverpool, they've just :censored: me up by trying to steal Barry for peanuts. I heard it was £2million and Riise or Finnan.
Barry is staying

Postby Dundalk » Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Barry is staying wrote:I heard it was £2million and Riise or Finnan.

Now theres an offer  :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue May 13, 2008 12:23 pm

Barry is staying wrote:Not nice when other clubs try and tap up your best players, imagine how gutted you would be if Chelsea tapped up torres and Milan tapped up Gerrard. personally I hope you keep both of them. I have nothing against Liverpool, they've just :censored: me up by trying to steal Barry for peanuts. I heard it was £2million and Riise or Finnan.

Get your facts right!
Barry has not been 'tapped up'.Tapping up is when a player is contacted directly behind the back of his manager and agent etc.
If LFC had tapped up Barry it would be being looked at by the FA.

Rafa phoned MON asking about the player,which is perfectly legal and id say very common at this stage of the season.
Martin O'Neill has said so himself,that is all that took place!

To cut a long story short,YOU ARE TALKING SH'ITE LAD!!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Tue May 13, 2008 1:57 pm

Radio City made me laugh before, they had a story on with Curtis Davis saying that Barry moving to Liverpool would be a step backwards!! ???

OK

If regular Champions League football, probably cementing his place in the England team and having a realistic chance of challenging for honours is a backward step then Rick Parry is the best business brain in football!!

I can see he might mean he won't play every week but then again it'd be up to Barry to make Rafa have to play him every week.
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill