Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 09, 2008 12:17 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
GRAHAM01 wrote:
woof woof ! wrote:
Barry is staying wrote:If Barry wants to go, he should be made to rot in the reserves for the last two years of his contract. Barry should remember what MoN has done for him. MoN going to be spending £40 million in the summer :(

I'm sure that having spent more than 10 years at the club Barry will be touched by your appreciation of the service he's given you.

BTW, what exactley has MoN done for Gareth Barry   ???

come on woof

he has told him if he even thinks of moving away he would rot in the reserves for the next 2 year

so he is fully behind his player??

Ever heard of "sarcasm" Graham ?

i thought i was being??

:laugh:  pmsl. Fair play.  :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby GRAHAM01 » Fri May 09, 2008 12:20 pm

:p
if you want some come get some!
GRAHAM01
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby woof woof ! » Fri May 09, 2008 12:23 pm

Number 9 wrote:I can really understand the Villa fans being upset.I mean he is their captain,their best player and hes been at the club for 10 years.
They,im sure feel the way about him as we do for Gerrard.Im sure we can all remember when Mourinho tried to take Gerrard from us a couple of years ago.In the end there was nothing LFC could have done to keep the player,ultimately though it was Gerrards choice to stay and only he could have decided  where his future was to be.

Likewise with Gareth Barry.LFC want him Martin O'Neill wants him to stay(which i fully understand) but it is Gareth Barry who will decide what colours he plays in next season,no one else.
O'Neill knows he cant have a player who has no desire to reamain at Villa.
So there is no point Villa fans blaming LFC.If it was not us after their captain it would be another team.
They should also remember he stated he wanted C/L football,sticking a come get me sign in neon lights on his head in the process.

If Barry becomes an LFC player,Villa fans should blame one person only...Gareth Barry its his choice!
No point chucking shi.te at us or Rafa!

Good Post Baz, nail on head. Can understand villa fans being effed off about it.

However if they're gonna get a'rsey about LFC on this forum they'll only be one outcome.

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Redman in wales » Fri May 09, 2008 4:10 pm

its turning ugly....

O'Neill furious at Benitez claims

Furious Aston Villa boss Martin O'Neill has hit back at Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez as the row over Gareth Barry threatens to turn ugly.

On Thursday, Benitez said he was surprised O'Neill was angry that news of Liverpool's £10m bid for Villa captain Barry, 27, had leaked out.

Benitez also said they had discussed the "idea" of a transfer "20 days ago".

Villa boss O'Neill said: "He has said he respects my wishes. I am not sure he respects anything."

O'Neill added that suggestions they were having an on-going conversation about a Barry deal were "absolutely crazy".

He said: "It was not a prolonged conversation. 'No' doesn't take too long to say.

"It is any club's prerogative to put in any offer they see fit to put in, but it is also the receiving club's prerogative to say no. I would not then expect this to appear the following day in a newspaper for me to react to."

Speaking to the club's official website O'Neill, who insisted earlier this week he wanted to keep Barry, added: "I have no idea what he [Benitez] is talking about.

"It suggests this is a conversation that I wanted to keep going, to keep on the boiling pot. Absolutely not. It's a complete nonsense.

"This is not something I initiated and I certainly was not on the phone to him to ask him about his players either, which I think is something he's trying to refer to. That is not true. He mentioned players himself but I might not be interested in any of his players."

On Thursday Benitez said he and O'Neill would wait until the end of the season before discussing the transfer further.

"He [O'Neill] was telling everyone about our offer, but we are willing to wait and we will try to talk again about the possibilities," said the Spaniard.

"I had a private conversation with him 20 days ago. He knew everything about my idea and I knew about his idea. He said he wanted to talk with his owner.

"We needed to do an official movement and he knew that because I was talking with him."
But O'Neill has rubbished suggestions that Benitez's remarks expose behind the scenes discussions to offload Barry.

"I'm absolutely astonished at this story: 'Rafa Exposes O'Neill'," he said.

"I've never denied speaking to Rafa Benitez so how can you be exposed for something you haven't denied?

"I think Rafa is being very clever here. He gives the impression that there's been constant dialogue. That's simply and utterly untrue.

"He made a phone call to me - I did not initiate the phone call. He asked about Gareth Barry and I said: 'Well he's got a testimonial and two years left to run and he's our best player.' So what would the reaction be?

"I said that I would speak to our owner - obviously, because he has a big, big say in the proceedings - and I assumed he would have the same answer as myself, that Gareth wasn't for sale.

"So I'm astonished to read this. The next conversation I had with Rafa Benitez was last Friday morning when Liverpool had put in a faxed offer to us which we received on Thursday afternoon."

--

in a way its funny... but it certainly doesnt help if we want to try and negotiate with villa for barry. If anything I'd say rafa wants barry more than O'Neil wants Crouch or Carson, so I guess this makes things harder....
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri May 09, 2008 5:47 pm

Thank fook for that, MON is getting p1ssed off at Rafa. Let's hope they reach a disagreement and the money is better spent. It may well be the MONey grabbing count wants to roger us for as much as he can get and he'll have a fine time slagging us off in the process. If he thinks £10m isn't a decent offer then he's more of a t w a t than I had him down us.

I hope Rafa hacks the Norn Oirish ponce off,
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 09, 2008 5:58 pm

Barry is staying wrote:We don't want or need your money, Pennant, Crouch, Riise or any more of your cast offs/reserve teams players. So look for other targets your attention is unwanted. We had all this with the Mancs and Dwight Yorke, difference is we don't we need to sell. If Barry wants to go, he should be made to rot in the reserves for the last two years of his contract. Barry should remember what MoN has done for him. MoN going to be spending £40 million in the summer :(

F*ck off you sad little bitter brum c*nt.

He's an International - he shouldn't be playing mid-table football at a sh*t club like Villa.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 09, 2008 5:59 pm

banana wrote:This is not Alonso VS Barry.

This is LFC chasing Barry.

Barry is a good player. Well capable of replacing any left sided fullback or midfielder in LFC at the moment. Miles ahead of Riise.

Alonso is a top class midfielder. What is the point in selling one of your very best players if you wan't to win the premiership?

All holding midfielders in both Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea are inferior to Alonso.

Barry would in my opinion be a good signing. A left footed player proven in the premiership. A good professional with good mentality and good attributes.

Porbably get slaughtered for this but whats the point in keeping one of your "best" if they have out of form for 3 seasons? Why keep a player who's not been performing for 3 seasons , and when there might be possible suitors out there willing to buy him?

All holding midfielders in arsenal , chelsea and manure are inferiro to alonso?

Chelsea : Makele -> one of the best , if not the best , controlled gerrard in both legs of the champions league

Manure : Anderson -> Deffo a up and coming star has put in some good performances also

Scholes : Old is gold and look how he has performed since coming back from injury , has been putting in lovely passes , like alonso

Arsenal : Fabregas , Pfa young player of the year , has been superb this season and has really stepped up after the depature of henry

So what was that again abt the other 3 having worse holding midfielders that us ?
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 09, 2008 6:00 pm

Barry is staying wrote:You're still smaller than the Mancs and Chelsea, remember that.

Bit like the fact that your penis is smaller than a weasel's wedding tackle?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 09, 2008 6:02 pm

Number 9 wrote:I can really understand the Villa fans being upset.I mean he is their captain,their best player and hes been at the club for 10 years.
They,im sure feel the way about him as we do for Gerrard.Im sure we can all remember when Mourinho tried to take Gerrard from us a couple of years ago.In the end there was nothing LFC could have done to keep the player,ultimately though it was Gerrards choice to stay and only he could have decided  where his future was to be.

Likewise with Gareth Barry.LFC want him Martin O'Neill wants him to stay(which i fully understand) but it is Gareth Barry who will decide what colours he plays in next season,no one else.
O'Neill knows he cant have a player who has no desire to reamain at Villa.
So there is no point Villa fans blaming LFC.If it was not us after their captain it would be another team.
They should also remember he stated he wanted C/L football,sticking a come get me sign in neon lights on his head in the process.

If Barry becomes an LFC player,Villa fans should blame one person only...Gareth Barry its his choice!
No point chucking shi.te at us or Rafa!

Very good post mate
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 09, 2008 6:04 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Barry is staying wrote:You're still smaller than the Mancs and Chelsea, remember that.

Bit like the fact that your penis is smaller than a weasel's wedding tackle?

:D  :laugh: pmsl
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Emerald Red » Fri May 09, 2008 6:04 pm

What the fuck!

With this post, you have just revealed that you, along with the rest of most other lesser teams with plastic fans (Chelsea and United) that you don't have a f*cking clue about football. If you're going to post on a Liverpool related site, get a clue first, son.
Emerald Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Toffeehater wrote:

Barry is a good player. Well capable of replacing any left sided fullback or midfielder in LFC at the moment. Miles ahead of Riise.

Alonso is a top class midfielder. What is the point in selling one of your very best players if you wan't to win the premiership?

All holding midfielders in both Arsenal, Man U and Chelsea are inferior to Alonso.

Barry would in my opinion be a good signing. A left footed player proven in the premiership. A good professional with good mentality and good attributes.

Porbably get slaughtered for this but whats the point in keeping one of your "best" if they have out of form for 3 seasons? Why keep a player who's not been performing for 3 seasons , and when there might be possible suitors out there willing to buy him?

Chelsea : Makele -> one of the best , if not the best , controlled gerrard in both legs of the champions league

Manure : Anderson -> Deffo a up and coming star has put in some good performances also

Scholes : Old is gold and look how he has performed since coming back from injury , has been putting in lovely passes , like alonso

Arsenal : Fabregas , Pfa young player of the year , has been superb this season and has really stepped up after the depature of henry

So what was that again abt the other 3 having worse holding midfielders that us ?

Scholes and Fabregas are never holding midfielders in a million years.  Carrick, Hargreaves and Flamini are much more relevant comparisons.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Toffeehater » Fri May 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Barry is staying wrote:
john craig wrote:
Barry is staying wrote:We don't want or need your money, Pennant, Crouch, Riise or any more of your cast offs/reserve teams players. So look for other targets your attention is unwanted. We had all this with the Mancs and Dwight Yorke, difference is we don't we need to sell. If Barry wants to go, he should be made to rot in the reserves for the last two years of his contract. Barry should remember what MoN has done for him. MoN going to be spending £40 million in the summer :(

:laugh:

Bit bitter are we?  I would imagine Barry's had enough of winning :censored: all and wants a crack at actually winning a trophy or at least some European football.  He's too good to stay at a second rate club forever.

Second Rate, why does Gerrard never get sick of being at a second rate club, who haven't won the league in 18 years, and won't win it again in another 18 years, by which time the Mancs will have won another 10 titles.

feck off will u cun.t , least we won the champions league and have made it 3 semi finals in our manager 's 4 years at this club and we have gotten to 2 finals , what MON done for barry and villa in his time here? Plastic villa fan , u must be :censored: off to the mancs
Last edited by Toffeehater on Fri May 09, 2008 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri May 09, 2008 6:07 pm

Toffeehater wrote:

When did Fabregas and Scholes become defensive midfielders exactly?

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri May 09, 2008 6:09 pm

:laugh: It's like shift work around here.  The morning shift stuck the boot into "Barry is staying" earlier and now the night shift has punched in and got their licks in too! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill