Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Toffeehater » Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:01 am

well he's got 4 days more to look before the start of the season , i'd prefer if he made the deal sooner rather than by the end of august for whichever player he's interested in  .
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:14 am

Toffeehater wrote:
Ciggy wrote:Vlla have bought a defender tonight 7 million from Ranger they have also put in a 16 million pound bid for Joe Cole.

Hijack their bid for cole , rumor has it we are also interested , we must act fast , he's a quality player and is not that expensive , natural wide player .

I suppose chelsea won't sell to us...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Tue Aug 12, 2008 10:42 am

This rumour about Joe Cole is all over the place!I still cant see it happening,I think Chelsea would be mad to sell him.I also doubt they would sell him to a "rival" either.Saying this I would be absolutely made up if it was true and he came to LFC..I've always thought he is a great player.He can play anywhere in MF as well!
Please be true!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:49 am

Love it to happen but cant see it, he would fit it lovely to the team
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:57 am

Number 9 wrote:This rumour about Joe Cole is all over the place!I still cant see it happening,I think Chelsea would be mad to sell him.I also doubt they would sell him to a "rival" either.Saying this I would be absolutely made up if it was true and he came to LFC..I've always thought he is a great player.He can play anywhere in MF as well!
Please be true!

stop begging like a little boy barry you halfwit

:D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:58 am

Joe Cole would be a brilliant buy for Liverpool.. Just can't see it happening though :(
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:00 pm

England midfielder Joe Cole could soon achieve what another, Gareth Barry, apparently can’t: join Liverpool. At least, that is the latest transfer market rumour.

There were reports yesterday that Aston Villa might make a bid for Cole, but now it seems Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez has shown an interest, and given the Reds’ Champions League involvement, it may be a rumour to take more seriously.

It is said that Cole has become unsettled at Stamford Bridge following the Blues’; signing of Deco and the possible arrival of Robinho, and is seeking reassurance from new manager Luiz Felipe Scolari that he figures in the Brazilian’s plans for the new season - especially as his opportunities in pre-season have been decidedly limited.

Cole, 26, is competing with Frank Lampard, Michael Ballack, Deco, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Florent Malouda, Michael Essien and John Obi Mikel for a place in the Chelsea midfield when the Blues kick-off their season at home to Portsmouth on Sunday.

And Scolari's pursuit of Real Madrid’s Robinho is not making Cole feel any more secure, given the two players‘ similar roles. Robinho is keen to move to Chelsea and Scolari is clearly keen to snare him: the club had a bid of £19.7 million for the Brazilian rejected last week but are unlikely to be deterred by price, though Madrid don‘t want to sell.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Rush Job » Tue Aug 12, 2008 6:13 pm

Anyone now how long Cole has left on his current deal?
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby mkingdom » Wed Aug 13, 2008 12:49 pm

I don't...but we'd get SWP for less than £10m.....

which is what we should have done rather than sign Pennant.
mkingdom

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:08 pm

mkingdom wrote:I don't...but we'd get SWP for less than £10m.....

which is what we should have done rather than sign Pennant.

Remind me how much Chelsea bought SWP for and whether we could have got him for less than 10?

SWP would perform the same role as Ngog who we got for 1.5 mio so dont see any need to chase a guy who hasnt proved himeself consistently yet.

Cole is a tight player but is he a match winner? Alsonso is.

David Villa or lets keep the cash warm until we come across a player that would make a real impact.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 1:09 pm

Gareth Barry has travelled with the squad for the UEFA cup match! :nod
I really dont see the point in O'Neill taking him if he knew he was destined to come to LFC.I really think he'll stay at Villa now
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Wed Aug 13, 2008 2:31 pm

Number 9 wrote:Gareth Barry has travelled with the squad for the UEFA cup match! :nod
I really dont see the point in O'Neill taking him if he knew he was destined to come to LFC.I really think he'll stay at Villa now

Hopefully he plays and puts everything to bed. They can keep him at that price.
club_Levis

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 13, 2008 3:04 pm

Agreed.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby OneHotRed » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:06 pm

Reg wrote:Cole is a tight player but is he a match winner? Alsonso is.

I think Joe Cole is a match winner, and im sorry I dont think Alonso is :(
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben1988 » Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:38 pm

OneHotRed wrote:
Reg wrote:Cole is a tight player but is he a match winner? Alsonso is.

I think Joe Cole is a match winner, and im sorry I dont think Alonso is :(

Exactly. I dont no how anyone could think alonso was more of a match winner than Joe Cole. As much as I love Alonso, Joe Cole would be an amazing signing for us, 1d pay as much as Barry for him, and would sell Alonso to get him, but Alonso is staying, which is a poitive, but therefore we wont have enough cash to buy Cole, if Chelski would even sell him to us.

I hope barry plays for villa in the UEFA cup, then Rafa / board will be embarrassed, at the circus surrounding a transfer that never went through, then they will hopeful put there efforts into changing this farce into something positive for the club.
Ben1988

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill