Gareth Barry TRANSFER is On * / Off * - *Delete where appropriate

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:39 am

aye, Barry didnt say how much he should go for. he wanted to come to Liverpool.

its Aston Villa who said how much!

that is hardly the players fault.

Our board outlined how much they wanted to pay based on current market in this country.

obviously, there is a gulf between the figures. Its not GB's fault about the money.

and no one could call him greedy, as he has no control on how much a club will sell for.
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:55 am

but villa will only make 15mill if they sell him now, as they have to give GB the 3mill as he hasnt signed, so of course its GBs fault the cost is so high. open your eyes people!!!
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:09 pm

oh god, let the owners get the money and sign him and get it over with!

is he worth 18m? no! so was andy johnson not worth 12m or Bently worth 15m, but then again if we win a major trophy this season everyone will forget how much we bought barry for (IF we buy him).

If Benitez thinks that Barry would add quality to the side, let the owners back him up!
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:39 pm

If Parry is advising the owners then we are deep in the sh#t because thanks to his stupidity we have the owners here in the first place. :veryangry
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bretc » Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:57 pm

For once, I agree with Rick Parry and the American owners on this. To sign GB for 18M is totally unjustifiable. He's already 28 and is hardly an impact player. He might improve the team by providing some balance but I still can't build up a good case to justify paying such a huge amount. If he's worth like 10-12M, then it's worth considering. If we really have that 18M, I'd rather top up a bit and get someone like Silva.

Just to add on - paying 20M for Keane is different. To me, that's money well spent as he has the ability to lift the team to another level. That's the kind of impact player we should buy.
Bretc

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:16 pm

Bretc wrote:For once, I agree with Rick Parry and the American owners on this. To sign GB for 18M is totally unjustifiable. He's already 28 and is hardly an impact player. He might improve the team by providing some balance but I still can't build up a good case to justify paying such a huge amount. If he's worth like 10-12M, then it's worth considering. If we really have that 18M, I'd rather top up a bit and get someone like Silva.

Just to add on - paying 20M for Keane is different. To me, that's money well spent as he has the ability to lift the team to another level. That's the kind of impact player we should buy.

:kungfu:
LFC2007

Postby Agger's Sleeve » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:28 pm

i hear that gillette & hicks will fund the gareth barry move once we have qualified for the champions league.
Agger's Sleeve

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 11, 2008 3:54 pm

dawson99 wrote:but villa will only make 15mill if they sell him now, as they have to give GB the 3mill as he hasnt signed, so of course its GBs fault the cost is so high. open your eyes people!!!

they give GB 3 mill, coz he aint signed?

what do you mean?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:04 pm

Judge wrote:
dawson99 wrote:but villa will only make 15mill if they sell him now, as they have to give GB the 3mill as he hasnt signed, so of course its GBs fault the cost is so high. open your eyes people!!!

what do you mean?

I think Dawson means Barry hasn't signed a transfer request, so Barry is entitled to a "loyalty payment".

The problem is that no matter if Barry asks for a transfer or not the fee won't go down.

Our owners seem to have got their PR timing right......send a bid in 15 minutes after Villa have said the sale is off...... then when Villa call their bluff ....say that they don't think he is worth £18million, but they will buy Silva instead....... who has already said he doesn't want to leave Spain (so we have no chance of signing him).

All the fans lap it up and another nail is hammered into Rafa's coffin.
account deleted by request

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:23 pm

How much is his loyalty payment supposed to be?

Surely it cant be as much as the wages they have payed him since May when they could have sold him!!
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:29 pm

s@int wrote:
Judge wrote:

what do you mean?

I think Dawson means Barry hasn't signed a transfer request, so Barry is entitled to a "loyalty payment".

The problem is that no matter if Barry asks for a transfer or not the fee won't go down.

Our owners seem to have got their PR timing right......send a bid in 15 minutes after Villa have said the sale is off...... then when Villa call their bluff ....say that they don't think he is worth £18million, but they will buy Silva instead....... who has already said he doesn't want to leave Spain (so we have no chance of signing him).

All the fans lap it up and another nail is hammered into Rafa's coffin.

so basically they want lfc to pay his loyalty payment

so the player is only valued at 15 mil then?

if thats the case, is arbitration an option?
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:33 pm

As far as I was aware the fee is 10% so it would only( :D )  be £1.8million, but I may be wrong.
Last edited by account deleted by request on Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:51 pm

Rush Job wrote:
skatesy wrote:
Rush Job wrote:
SupitsJonF wrote:
metalhead wrote:Does anyone think it will effect some players in the team though? for example Gerrard, he knows that the owners are not backing rafa up to get Barry, it would make Gerrard furious(desperation of barry to join because of best friends) and could create some problems in the dressing room, which leads to more troubles on the pitch.

I agree, Gerrard should not get mad.  If he wanted Barry to join so bad why didn't he make him fill out a transfer request form long ago?  Gerrard knows he didn't fill one out, so all thats left is we tried and he was just another over priced english player.

I dont know how people can just expect Barry to hand in a transfer request, i mean come on its his home town club, the club that gave him his career and the captains arm band and the fans that have adored him and sing his name every week, his family his friends. You cant expect him a model pro to put in a transfer request, im sure right at the start he would have been asured it wouldnt come to that and both party's would come away happy, by that i mean he'll be able to visit friends and family without being lynched.

What is the difference? He has already come out and explicitly stated that he wants to go to Liverpool. It is crystal clear that he wants to play for Liverpool, so what would be the difference if he put in a transfer request? I guess that it would make it an "official" request, but it would still not change the fact that he DOES want to leave. I think that the fans of Aston Villa are upset regardless of whether Barry puts in a transfer request at this stage.

He doesnt want to be painted as the bad guy, if he put in a transfer request villa would have no option but to sell for a "reasonable" sum. Take the Gerrard to chelsea, affair do you think he would have put in a transfer request? no because if he was going to leave he want LFC to be in a strong enough position to get a good fee. Putting in a transfer request isnt the same as saying i'd like to play their to test myself at the highest level its more like saying i dont want to play here anymore full stop, try and understand just because liverpool come calling doesnt mean he should put two fingers up to all those who have supported him over the years. Barry's entirely blameless in all this, he's remained a model pro, try and remember he's a villa fan too.

spot on  :buttrock
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:52 pm

s@int wrote:As far as I was aware the fee is 10% so it would only( :D )  be £1.8million, but I may be wrong.

snap him up  :D
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Mon Aug 11, 2008 4:52 pm

O Neill is coming out now and saying that he might play Barry in the UEFA cup on Wednesday night with would rule him out of the Champions League until after Christmas
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill